Cheap, LTE Off-Contract Phone

sddabrow

Hey guys!

I'm currently rocking an iPhone4S and plan on either getting the Note 3 or Iphone5S when they are released.

However, I would really like to test out my areas LTE speeds before signing again with Sprint. The 3G just hasn't been cutting it, but LTE is slowly rolling out in Orlando and I would like to test it out.

That being said, do you have any recommendations on cheap LTE phones I could buy off contract? Any one know of a good site to do this from, or should I just hunt down Craigslist?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Not sure on quality but, I just broke my phone and I was looking on ebay and amazon and there is a LG Viper lte for under $100 which is what my deductible is for the insurance and many are remans.

• Like 1

Not sure on quality but, I just broke my phone and I was looking on ebay and amazon and there is a LG Viper lte for under $100 which is what my deductible is for the insurance and many are remans.

Thanks! Just saw one on Craigslist for $25 lol. If it is still available, I don't mind paying $25 to test LTE.

Thanks! Just saw one on Craigslist for $25 lol. If it is still available, I don't mind paying $25 to test LTE.

The area that I live in is horrible for Sprint phones on Craigslist. I sometimes feel as if I am the only Sprint customer that lives here.

You might not like the Viper for even testing LTE. I had 2 of them and they both damaged themselves by overheating and the batteries just drain like mad. That might be why they are so cheap on craigslist.

• Like 1

You might not like the Viper for even testing LTE. I had 2 of them and they both damaged themselves by overheating and the batteries just drain like mad. That might be why they are so cheap on craigslist.

I did read the reviews on that but it seemed that is was mainly the issue with Gingerbread. It seemed like people had a different experience with ICS. After reading reviews this is my opinion. Do you have any idea if there is any truth to my thoughts.

Thanks for the advice.

I did read the reviews on that but it seemed that is was mainly the issue with Gingerbread. It seemed like people had a different experience with ICS. After reading reviews this is my opinion. Do you have any idea if there is any truth to my thoughts.

Thanks for the advice.

My 2nd one had issues after ICS too. Maybe out of the box ICS won't have issues now like mine did. Both of mine came with Gingerbread, and the damage was done on the 2nd one before ICS.

My 2nd one had issues after ICS too. Maybe out of the box ICS won't have issues now like mine did. Both of mine came with Gingerbread, and the damage was done on the 2nd one before ICS.

When I was reading reviews I did see a lot of people write that they had upgraded to ICS and it did not fix the issue. The people who purchased later seemed to like the phone more.

The way I figured it was my phone is a HTC EVO 4g wimax and I have a $100 deductible and I purchased the Viper on Amazon for $109 brand new with no contract. I don't think it can be much worse than the EVO, so I will take a gamble on it.

Add my vote in favor of the Victory. I know three people (two immediate family members) who have them and they're solid phones. Nothing amazing, but solid nonetheless. Head and shoulders better than the Viper. And the S III battery and its battery are interchangeable (found this out last night).

The new LG Optimus F3 might work as well, but I don't have any experience with that phone.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Add my vote in favor of the Victory. I know three people (two immediate family members) who have them and they're solid phones. Nothing amazing, but solid nonetheless. Head and shoulders better than the Viper. And the S III battery and its battery are interchangeable (found this out last night).

The new LG Optimus F3 might work as well, but I don't have any experience with that phone.

Thanks! Going to pick up a Victory for $50 off Craigslist. Seems like a solid deal based on your comments.

• 1 month later...

i love the LG viper I have had mines for 5 months now and never has an issues...The LTE radio is great and it phone never overheats. Maybe yall got a bad batch

Lucky you. Hopefully it never overhears on you. My friend almost burnt her ear on my Viper. :/

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2