LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

So I checked today what version or G2 was at my Best Buy, demo phone . It is the Sprint model. Lol. It's been sitting in our cabinet for a few weeks and I didn't even realize what model it was.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The Sprint demo at my Best Buy isn't activated so I can't compare signal strength with my GS3. Otherwise I'd have some screenshots. (Also couldn't reach the buttons on the back due to the way the demo unit is set up.)

Also hearing the Nexus 5 is getting its own stand in a lot of Best Buy stores. Any word on that?

No. Not yet. Portland was an early WiMax market and the equipment used in the beginning of WiMax deployment is not a simple upgrade. It involves new base stations and RRU's. These sites will be converted some time next year.

Robert

That's what we get for being able to use WiMax before most of the rest. I definitely got my money's worth before jumping on the LTE bandwagon. One of my brothers is still enjoying WiMax and asked me why triband is such a big concern of mine for my next device. After a several minute discussion of all things NV, explaining WiMax vs LTE, and showing him the G2, I think he is sold on upgrading to the G2.

I, myself, will most likely be picking up the HTC One max, as I am now spoiled by the screen size of the Note 2. ;)

The Sprint demo at my Best Buy isn't activated so I can't compare signal strength with my GS3. Otherwise I'd have some screenshots. (Also couldn't reach the buttons on the back due to the way the demo unit is set up.)

Also hearing the Nexus 5 is getting its own stand in a lot of Best Buy stores. Any word on that?

I haven't heard or seen anything about the Nexus 5.

Demo phones are never connected to the carrier, we just use wifi.

Didn't notice that. lol I remember the original LG Optimus G being on display and I'd compare signal strength but I think you're right - there wasn't a connection outside of WiFi.

Didn't notice that. lol I remember the original LG Optimus G being on display and I'd compare signal strength but I think you're right - there wasn't a connection outside of WiFi.

Some phones will show the signal bar with signal strength but it isn't connected to the network and has no data.

Some phones will show the signal bar with signal strength but it isn't connected to the network and has no data.

Hmm... shame considering your store and nearby area is completely covered in TD-LTE.

Hmm... shame considering your store and nearby area is completely covered in TD-LTE.

Really? Okay I'm pretty much guaranteed to pre order it on Friday then.

Really? Okay I'm pretty much guaranteed to pre order it on Friday then.

Premier Sponsors does have perks you know... including TD_LTE maps...

Premier Sponsors does have perks you know... including TD_LTE maps...

I know. I don't have the extra cash for that now, way to many things that require the money in my pocket right now. Trying to move etc. Etc. Pre-ordering the G2 will be free for me is why I'm going to do it probably.

I know. I don't have the extra cash for that now, way to many things that require the money in my pocket right now. Trying to move etc. Etc. Pre-ordering the G2 will be free for me is why I'm going to do it probably.

Did i mention I also just preordered a G2? :) Fun times to be had!

• Like 2

Feel free to come into my store and play with it though. You just have to ask a rep because it's not on a display right now. Its just sitting in our cabinet with a pile of other phones, including a very sought after iPhone 5s. Kind of sad actually.

Sadly, Boston is a wahhhhweeeee (huawei) market.

We have huawei RRUs and basestations :(

Who is going to be the vendor replacing the Huawei installs in the Boston market? NSN? AlLu? Samsung?

Are there any active TD-LTE towers in the New Orleans area?? I live in the 70130 zip code.. Thanks, Pre ordered my LG G2 yesterday!!

I'm from new Orleans too... I'm gonna guest but I'm 100% sure there's no td-lte here.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

So I checked today what version or G2 was at my Best Buy, demo phone . It is the Sprint model. Lol. It's been sitting in our cabinet for a few weeks and I didn't even realize what model it was.

What do you think I have been playing with ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

what other "perks" are available to premier sponsors??

Quarterly chicken fry member potlucks and exclusive basketball meets with Dan Hesse and Son where we play a round of HORSE followed by informal insider info.

• Like 5

Ladies and Gentlemen.  We have the official System Dump now.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=46547714#post46547714

I'm going to look into it and see what I want to change now. :P

Apparently it is not a complete system dump.  I guess he is still missing some lib and vendor files and perhaps more. I am not sure what to look for to confirm a complete system dump but it seems like he has more work to do.

I'm from new Orleans too... I'm gonna guest but I'm 100% sure there's no td-lte here.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Right now TD-LTE is only being deployed as a overlay to its Wimax network.  Since New Orleans was not a Wimax market you will not have TD-LTE at this point.

Quarterly chicken fry member potlucks and exclusive basketball meets with Dan Hesse and Son where we play a round of HORSE followed by informal insider info.

The surprising part is that Dan likes to sharpshoot from the perimeter, while Son likes to dominate in the low post.  You think it would be just the opposite.

AJ

• Like 2