LG G2 -- the first Sprint tri band LTE handset (was "LG Optimus G2")

Thai

I don't like the defenders because the rubber shell starts to gets loose and not fit around the hard piece all the way. Also the parts that cover the ports start to tear up also.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Fortunately, they have lifetime warranties on their cases, but I agree. The flap over my head phone port has been tearing as of late. That's why I decided to try out the Ballistic Maxx case to see if it is more durable.

Fortunately, they have lifetime warranties on their cases, but I agree. The flap over my head phone port has been tearing as of late. That's why I decided to try out the Ballistic Maxx case to see if it is more durable.

I've done the warranty exchange once with my EVO 3d. Then when I got my EVO LTE the rubberized shell seemed more durable than the last one on my EVO 3D. After a while the same thing happened so I purchased a commuter case it started to wear out too. So now I use Seidio cases.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

I'm on my 3rd warranty replacement for my evo lte bc of the rubber stretching and the port flaps ripping off.

Not sure which case I'll get for me g2.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I'm on my 3rd warranty replacement for my evo lte bc of the rubber stretching and the port flaps ripping off.

Not sure which case I'll get for me g2.

What are your criteria for a case?

I'm usually really careful with my phone but love the protection otterbox provides, for the random drop or a little kid grabs a hold of ur phone.

I might compare the ballistic and similar cases, the rubber stretching gets old, fast....

I remember reading an article several years (maybe on Gizmodo) ago where there was a study done and it confirmed that black phones made the screen appear larger because of a masking effect on the bezel (I suppose it's because a black bezel would "blend" into the black screen, creating a false image of largeness). Now that the the G2 essentially has no bezel, I think I'm going to try out a white phone for the first time!

Well that is the nature of those Otterbox cases.  They have to have flaps to open and close the ports to give it protection when you are not using the ports which is why people like them.  I am not a case guru but I am sure there must be a case out there that gives the Otterbox like protection around the phone but do not have the flaps for the ports.

Extremely interested in this device.

I had no idea about tri-band until I arrived here about a week ago.  Haven't been able to stop reading.

I'm interested in knowing if a tri-band device (specifically the G2) would help things out, as far as receiving LTE.  At home I usually get between .70 - 1.60 mbps, when it stays connected to LTE.  After updating radio and firmware bits for my Evo4GLTE I'm getting between 7 - 20 mbps.  I'm not complaining, but I can't fathom updating radios would cause such a bump.

Would the G2 be a good choice given my area?  East of Kansas City, in Blue Springs, MO.  About 1/2 mile north of the intersection of 7 highway and Colbern Road.

Look forward to any responses.

Thanks

• Like 1

Are there any 2600 mhz towers broadcasting LTE in Portland Oregon?

No.  Not yet.  Portland was an early WiMax market and the equipment used in the beginning of WiMax deployment is not a simple upgrade.  It involves new base stations and RRU's.  These sites will be converted some time next year.

Robert

No. Not yet. Portland was an early WiMax market and the equipment used in the beginning of WiMax deployment is not a simple upgrade. It involves new base stations and RRU's. These sites will be converted some time next year.

Robert

How about Boston? Same deal? I believe they were part of the first wimax cities too.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

How about Boston? Same deal? I believe they were part of the first wimax cities too.

It appears so.  I don't see any Boston sites in the first phase of Clearwire TD-LTE deployment.

Robert

Seidio FTW!

'cept I don't know if they make one for the G2 (Sprint flavor), do they?

As long as it fits the AT&T/T-Mobile version, it will fit the Sprint version.

• Like 1

That makes such little sense to remove a mic for no apparent reason. Either way, having the cutout really doesn't make much difference.

So I checked today what version or G2 was at my Best Buy, demo phone . It is the Sprint model. Lol. It's been sitting in our cabinet for a few weeks and I didn't even realize what model it was.

• Like 3