Network vision protection sites?

eljayyy91

Just curious will there be any nv protection sites caused by 800 smr? Where nextel had coverage where sprint does not? And if so will sprint ever expand its footprint in those areas? Or really anywhere? I know sprint atleast for the next couple years will be overhauling their whole network to try to compete in its existing footprint buti don't care what anyone says roaming just isn't the same as native. Just got a new job just outside sprints coverage and trying to drive and talk is almost impossible sometimes.

If I remember correctly, the fact that iDEN existed in those areas has already satisfied the substantial service requirements for many years to come, despite the fact that Sprint is decommissioning it. In the long long run, sites may be required. (this seems like a question for AJ... paging AJ...)

AJ put up a thread a few weeks ago with a few select areas that might need new sites or "protection" sites due to the PCS G Block where LTE is currently being deployed.  AJ said it was due to the grographical split on the frequency, maybe BEA?

Edit in:  Found it http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3703-potential-sprint-rural-buildout-by-2016/

• Like 1

I see I see. Does anyone know how far smr 1x will travel? Nv might screw up my battery life at work if I go from roamin with mobile data off to having fringe signal. I don't know how far in comparison it will travel because is some areas I connect to fringe 1900 but idk how 800 will effect this.

I see I see. Does anyone know how far smr 1x will travel? Nv might screw up my battery life at work if I go from roamin with mobile data off to having fringe signal. I don't know how far in comparison it will travel because is some areas I connect to fringe 1900 but idk how 800 will effect this.

No idea, it goes into the same category of how far does LTE travel question.  There are million different combinations to punch into that calculation.

• Like 2

No idea, it goes into the same category of how far does LTE travel question.  There are million different combinations to punch into that calculation.

digi hit the nail on the head, depending on tower height, antenna downtilt, RF interference, physical interference (buildings/hills/trees/signs/etc), sector direction, etc.  That list could go on and on and on.

Where I camp, I get a more reliable signal from a tower about 3 miles away vs. a tower 1 mile away due to trees and sector positioning.

• Like 1

"How far does signal A, B, or C travel?" is a question that needs to be banished forever.

AJ

• Like 1

"How far does signal A, B, or C travel?" is a question that needs to be banished forever.

AJ

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

• Like 1