New Nexus 7 thread (was "Second-gen Google Nexus 7 coming in July for $229")

kckid

You love posting articles don't you? If this is true, I would love to get one, I'm getting a little tired of my Asus Transformer Prime. I would love a Nexus 7.

-Luis

I just try to pass along information!!  :D

• Like 2

Now called the Nexus 7+ (?), the LTE variant appears to have hit the FCC OET late this week.  3GPP only.  LTE bands 2/4/5/13/17.  Nothing for Sprint.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=394427&fcc_id=MSQK009

AJ

And this appears to be the FCC OET filing for the Wi-Fi only variant, which does now include 5 GHz 802.11n.

https://apps.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=375060&fcc_id=MSQK008

AJ

It's interesting that band 13 is included. Verizon is the only carrier using that band anywhere, right? Is Canada planning on auctioning that spectrum soon?

Yes. Band 13 being included is likely because Verizon Wireless has a mandate imposed on it to allow any device supporting Band 13 to operate on its network. Google doesn't have to do anything with Verizon Wireless to release such a tablet.

Would Sprint allow any devices that connect via LTE over either bands 25 or 26 in the future?

I'm doubtful. Despite how "generous" it is, it's hardly a bastion for BYOD. It would require some serious changes for Sprint to be comfortable with BYOD.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So this looks awesome and I will be ordering one almost immediately since I gave my girls son my Nexus 7 a while back. I just wish they cancelled the cameras and put the Snapdragon 800 chip in it, but I'm sure it will be awesome either way.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/17/new-nexus-7/

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I think I might buy this to replace my Asus Transformer. I've had it for more than two years and I think this may be a good time to upgrade. For the price, the specs sound good and I'd probably sell my TF to help defray some of the cost.

If it were the Nexus 8 with a 8 in screen I would be ecstatic but since its a Nexus 7, I'll pass.  7 in tablet is too small.  The screen size of the ipad mini is just perfect.

My longstanding Nexus 7 does not seem to be cooperating with me in trying to read this thread. Hmm, I wonder why...

;)

AJ

• Like 2

I want a nexus 7 with standard cell phone capabilities, worldwide 3g, tri-band LTE, and WIMAX for good measure.

:ninja: