Network Vision/LTE - VT/NH/ME Market (including Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Burlington, Portland, Bangor)

S4GRU

Activity is well under way in the VT/NH/ME market from vendor Alcatel/Lucent.  GMO sites are nearly 100% complete, and full build sites recently began.  I am creating this thread as a placeholder for our members to discuss Sprint Network Vision deployment in the VT/NH/ME market.

Jw anyone have any updates in nv implements in the nh region I'm in 03867 zip and find that my service is still junk

It will be for awhile. Network Vision upgrades are just beginning in this market.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

speeds in the area are definitely better now.

Being that this was a 4th round market I am surprised they got such a huge jump on this market.  What a bummer about the delay for the 800 mhz rollout (as this area REALLY needs it) but I hope that can be dealt with at some point.

speeds in the area are definitely better now.

Being that this was a 4th round market I am surprised they got such a huge jump on this market. What a bummer about the delay for the 800 mhz rollout (as this area REALLY needs it) but I hope that can be dealt with at some point.

It still is a 4th Round Market. Just GMO's started early. You will still see 800 deployments on full build sites. You should start seeing a few in the next few weeks in the larger cities in the market, like Manchester, Nashua, Portland, Bangor and Burlington.

It still is a 4th Round Market. Just GMO's started early. You will still see 800 deployments on full build sites. You should start seeing a few in the next few weeks in the larger cities in the market, like Manchester, Nashua, Portland, Bangor and Burlington.

How come they can go on the full build sites but not GMO when the entire area seems to be in the IBEZ?  I thought something special had to happen between the two governments?

How come they can go on the full build sites but not GMO when the entire area seems to be in the IBEZ? I thought something special had to happen between the two governments?

800MHz can only go on full build sites because it requires the new NV panels. Legacy panels are 1900MHz only.

As for the IBEZ, Burlington is definitely in the IBEZ, so scratch that. I was getting over zealous when typing that list above. However, the bottom of the market is outside of the IBEZ, like Southern New Hampshire and Southern Maine.

I would be surprised if the Canadians and Americans work out an arrangement for the 800SMR band this year.

Also have there been any talk for lte for this market also I still haven't noticed an increase in speed as to I stil cannot watch a simple YouTube video??? Any chit chat about 03867

LTE will be deployed on full build sites. Alcatel Lucent just started working on full build sites in this market recently. The first LTE sites will probably start going love some time this summer. But it will be a long time before the market completes.

Thanks. Jw any idea on where these full build sites are going to be placed?

You can see which are which by viewing the various maps for the market, although you will need to be a sponsor and I believe in the premier sponsor section is a map for which are Ground Mount and which are full build.

• 4 weeks later...

I inquired directly with Sprint this week about some coverage questions and was told that the first major push of NV progress for central NH will be in the Manchester area, scheduled to begin "within 90 days".

Also connected to a few different sites broadcasting 800 SMR around I-93 through Manchester and Merrimack this afternoon. It was on Sprint's testing SID. It's coming...

-Mike

Also connected to a few different sites broadcasting 800 SMR around I-93 through Manchester and Merrimack this afternoon. It was on Sprint's testing SID. It's coming...

-Mike

Sorry, what is the testing ID i should look for in SignalCheck (Pro!) :)?  are you running a special PRL to connect to it or will I be okay using stock PRLs?

Sorry, what is the testing ID i should look for in SignalCheck (Pro!) :)? are you running a special PRL to connect to it or will I be okay using stock PRLs?

The SID is 22429; you need to be running a custom PRL in order to connect to it. There are appropriate PRLs posted in the Sponsor and Premier Sponsor areas. If you do connect to a site broadcasting on the test SID, SignalCheck (thanks!) will also identify it as a 1X 800 connection.

-Mike

• 1 month later...

The first two LTE sites accepted in Maine this week! One in Bangor, and one in Biddeford. Look forward to more sites coming online in the next several weeks!

out of curiosity, do you have ties to up here?  you are as excited all the way from Missouri as I am living up here! :P

I'm patiently waiting in Rochester,NH I visited a tower today still no sign of anything

A speed test of one of the first two LTE sites accepted in maine this week.  Also, 800 1x is also being deployed rather quickly as well.

Screenshot_2013-08-17-20-24-04.png

out of curiosity, do you have ties to up here?  you are as excited all the way from Missouri as I am living up here! :P

Haha! I don't have any ties, I've never even been to the Northeast! I'm just excited to see Network Vision still moving along, no matter where. Just means we're one step closer to having that superior network we've all been waiting for!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was up north for the holiday weekend.. taking Route 3 (Everett Turnpike if you want to be technical) from MA north to Exit 23 in New Hampton, I was on 1X 800 the entire distance north to Manchester, then it disappeared for a bit and came back in Concord, and held on until just before Exit 18 in Canterbury.  Took 93 south to MA on the way back, beyond the highway split in Manchester there were a few flashes of 800 after getting out of range of the Manchester sites, then none until approaching Salem.  There are a few rural spots along the way that I think will benefit greatly from 800MHz coverage.

Most of what I noticed was on the testing SID, so you'll need a custom PRL to connect right now.  If you become an S4GRU sponsor, you can get your hands on one and start connecting now.. ;)

-Mike

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Spent the weekend in Scarborough area of Maine and the service was rough to say the least. 3G was barely usable and voice was very spotty. I actually forced my phone to roam to get somewhat usable 3G. Freeport was better though , voice was good but 3g was still horrid. I didn't get into Portland to see if there was any LTE. but the suburbs of Portland were downright spotty.

Make me appreciate my area all that much more. 

• 1 month later...