Network Vision/LTE - VT/NH/ME Market (including Manchester, Nashua, Portsmouth, Burlington, Portland, Bangor)

S4GRU

Just took a trip down through Peterborough to Rindge. I had a steady 1x800 signal on the main drag and it was usable inside Hannaford with about 30-60k per second downloads. I am new to cell ids but it had the same number as the 1x800 signal I had in Lebanon on Monday. I am not sure if it is the same tower or not. Regardless, I also picked up a weak band 26 in Hannaford parking lot there tonight. I am able to say that the signal down there just edges out Verizon.

Edited by signalchaser
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I took a drive around the Uncanoonuc mountain again today. It seems that I wasn't able to get the 1x800 signal there like last time. Looking up some older data shows that Sprint or Nextel had permits for up there. They need to light up a tower there with 800mhz. Tmobile has most bands up there and the signal stomps on the surrounding area very well. Band 12 travels a good 12 miles west of there. Does anyone know the history of Sprint having towers online up there or if they are able to turn anything back on? I can upload some pictures if anyone can identify some of these old offline towers. 

I took a drive around the Uncanoonuc mountain again today. It seems that I wasn't able to get the 1x800 signal there like last time. Looking up some older data shows that Sprint or Nextel had permits for up there. They need to light up a tower there with 800mhz. Tmobile has most bands up there and the signal stomps on the surrounding area very well. Band 12 travels a good 12 miles west of there. Does anyone know the history of Sprint having towers online up there or if they are able to turn anything back on? I can upload some pictures if anyone can identify some of these old offline towers. 

I do not believe that there are any Sprint sites in that area these days, 800 or otherwise. Coverage is sparse in the areas west of Manchester unless you're along 101 or 91.

-Mike

ok now I didn't catch a screen shot but I did a speed test hit 50 down 9 up is that 41

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anything above ~36 is not a 5x5 lte carrier. could be 10x10 or band 41 but likely band 41.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

there is at least one site over the border in Berwick area that i know of, dont get out that way that much so i dont think i have connected to it.

ahhh that explains it. Seeing how berwick got some band 41 love do you think it won't be long until I get some of that love. Thanks frontage reply I was like why do it say I have band 41 I look at my towers consistently and I noticed no changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So my parents are moving to northern NH...(dont ask me why 65 year olds would want to retire there). Coverage maps show no Sprint service but they have been looking at houses and said they had good data and voice coverage. 

If they kept Sprint would they breach their contract with all the roaming?

Can I recommend US Cellular? They will be doing a lot of driving around NE and probably winter in SC or maybe FL.

So my parents are moving to northern NH...(dont ask me why 65 year olds would want to retire there). Coverage maps show no Sprint service but they have been looking at houses and said they had good data and voice coverage. 

If they kept Sprint would they breach their contract with all the roaming?

Can I recommend US Cellular? They will be doing a lot of driving around NE and probably winter in SC or maybe FL.

Are they seeing roaming coverage or native coverage on their devices? (R for roaming, Extended on iPhones)?

• 1 month later...

So I'm vacationing in Maine this week and have been roaming on US Cellular. Got an email notification about my wife's line reaching 75% of her data roaming allotment. The email also said data roaming will be suspended after reaching 100% which is fine. I'd rather be cutoff than automatically charged for overages. We've been trying to limit our data use to email, Google maps, and some Facebook.

I've seen mostly band 12 but occasionally I'll pick up band 5.

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk

So I'm vacationing in Maine this week and have been roaming on US Cellular. Got an email notification about my wife's line reaching 75% of her data roaming allotment. The email also said data roaming will be suspended after reaching 100% which is fine. I'd rather be cutoff than automatically charged for overages. We've been trying to limit our data use to email, Google maps, and some Facebook.

I've seen mostly band 12 but occasionally I'll pick up band 5.

Lucky.  I still can not get my nexus 5X to roam on USCC LTE.  Regardless, you have a good week of weather up here at least!  If you like it hot.  I assume you are at the ocean though? ;)

Lucky. I still can not get my nexus 5X to roam on USCC LTE. Regardless, you have a good week of weather up here at least! If you like it hot. I assume you are at the ocean though? ;)

Actually its way hotter where I live so the cooler weather is a nice change. Yes we are on the coast.

Vacationed in Stowe, Burlington and Waterbury, VT. Almost no improvements to the network since last year. No band 41 and LTE coverage is spotty.

The 3G fall back is poor and tons of roaming when on I-89.....

Band 26 still isn't cleared to be used here correct?

Vacationed in Stowe, Burlington and Waterbury, VT. Almost no improvements to the network since last year. No band 41 and LTE coverage is spotty.

The 3G fall back is poor and tons of roaming when on I-89.....

Band 26 still isn't cleared to be used here correct?

I was over there in June.  Beautiful area...not so much for cell service though.  One thing I found was that i was roaming on some carrier called "Devon Mobile Communication" now and then according to signal check.  Never heard of them.