The airave before and after?

Rukin1

Okay, so before NV started here in FW. The airave never had problems, never roamed and what not. But for some odd reason, it likes to put me in roaming as of late. Does NV have any impact on the airave will perform as before without NV? Just asking questions :)

Okay, so before NV started here in FW. The airave never had problems, never roamed and what not. But for some odd reason, it likes to put me in roaming as of late. Does NV have any impact on the airave will perform as before without NV? Just asking questions :)

I have had the same problems. It worked flawlessly before any upgrades around me and was HORRIBLE during the upgrades. Now that whatever work that was being performed is complete, the device has calmed down a bit. Sometimes the Airave still bucks and bellows but it's less frequent than before.

Try a few hard resets (using the pin hole in the back of the device) in succession. It should make it more stable. It worked for me.

The 2.0 or less Airave gives people issues now in some areas where 800smr has rolled out. The users may now find their phones connecting to a fringe signal due to the 800. The 2.5 version has an 800mhz beacon. Sprint can fix the issue in the PRL but chooses not to.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

The 2.0 or less Airave gives people issues now in some areas where 800smr has rolled out. The users may now find their phones connecting to a fringe signal due to the 800. The 2.5 version has an 800mhz beacon. Sprint can fix the issue in the PRL but chooses not to.

In early April, 2 new Airvana models passed thru the FCC, both with 800 MHz beacons. It's possible these will remedy the issues with the current Airave models.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

In early April, 2 new Airvana models passed thru the FCC, both with 800 MHz beacons. It's possible these will remedy the issues with the current Airave models.

Yes, it does as the 2.5 fixes it.

Yes, it does as the 2.5 fixes it.

I'm thinking the new ones are Airave 3.0

The 2.0 or less Airave gives people issues now in some areas where 800smr has rolled out.

That begs a couple questions... Is 800 SMR live in Milwaukee (the city, not the market) and Ft. Wayne, IN? If it is, is the Galaxy S III compatible with that? If it is, I'll ask Sprint to swap out the device.

Every situation is different and you would have to tell is if it is active in those areas. The engineering screens would tell you.

Would I have to disconnect from my Airave to gather that info? I can access the engineering screens just fine but what's contained in it is mostly Greek to me. WiWavelength's articles about frequencies are enough to give me a slight clue but the rest is lost on a layman like me.

Which engineering screen should I look at? I can post screen shots of the appropriate one if that will help.

My Airave 2,5 keeps loosing the GPS lock as of the last few days. It's been fine for 4 months.

It's frustrating at the very least and tech supports solution is to send a replacement antenna.

Anyone ever hear of the antenna going bad?

Would I have to disconnect from my Airave to gather that info? I can access the engineering screens just fine but what's contained in it is mostly Greek to me. WiWavelength's articles about frequencies are enough to give me a slight clue but the rest is lost on a layman like me.

Which engineering screen should I look at? I can post screen shots of the appropriate one if that will help.

What device? Screenshots of the 1X engineering screens would work. Both on and off the airave.

My Airave 2,5 keeps loosing the GPS lock as of the last few days. It's been fine for 4 months.

It's frustrating at the very least and tech supports solution is to send a replacement antenna.

Anyone ever hear of the antenna going bad?

I've had the 2.0 for quite a while (since mid 2011) and never had a problem. I've had to relocate the antenna on the same property a couple times but never a problem.

What device? Screenshots of the 1X engineering screens would work. Both on and off the airave.

As promised:

1x Engineering-RF Screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!348&authkey=!AP6_067t426MMIQ

1x Engineering-Protocol screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!347&authkey=!AOXeT1F-w2fkTaw

And for giggles, the CDMA Field Test App screen shot

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!346&authkey=!AIAL7yzDJoe1Of8

BSID 20012, which is in the tracking field on the app is my Airave, which, strangely, my phone wants to ignore now. I'm gonna try to trick it into connecting to it by refreshing the PRL and profile and then restarting.

As promised:

1x Engineering-RF Screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!348&authkey=!AP6_067t426MMIQ

1x Engineering-Protocol screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!347&authkey=!AOXeT1F-w2fkTaw

And for giggles, the CDMA Field Test App screen shot

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=AEB715D107B9C9BA!346&authkey=!AIAL7yzDJoe1Of8

BSID 20012, which is in the tracking field on the app is my Airave, which, strangely, my phone wants to ignore now. I'm gonna try to trick it into connecting to it by refreshing the PRL and profile and then restarting.

You're on 1900mhz 1x.

Why do you need an Airave with that signal strength?

Signal strength is VERY sporadic and there's a capacity problem with the tower - particularly between 1500 and 0200 on a daily basis. Sprint says it's fixed but the problem persists. That could explain the work activity at that site (BSID 630). But since that site isn't on the NV map, nor the map at network.sprint.com (i use it for reference, not as a bible) I can't really be sure it's a true Sprint site.

Hold on a second, are we sure that those signal metrics are on or off the Airave?

AJ

Yep those are the typical 502 NID airave shots.

Which is exactly how Sprint could fix the issue you possibly have and the 800SMR one some others have. A PRL could be made with this NID as a higher priority or even a simple first scan record.

A PRL could be made with this NID as a higher priority or even a simple first scan record.

That would be nice. I'm literally about 300 yards away from BSID 602 (that crappy tower) as I type this and it's all but useless because of its capacity problem. I have to use my relative's wifi to access this website.

That would be nice. I'm literally about 300 yards away from BSID 602 (that crappy tower) as I type this and it's all but useless because of its capacity problem. I have to use my relative's wifi to access this website.

Wait wait.. Capacity due to data? Get a wifi router. It would be easier. Plus you couldn't fix the Evdo side with a prl change.

• Like 1

Such a shame, would really be nice