The airave before and after?

Rukin1

Wait wait.. Capacity due to data? Get a wifi router. It would be easier. Plus you couldn't fix the Evdo side with a prl change.

Sent from my little Note2

I use wifi at home for my data and the Airave for voice. The voice & data problem is due to a capacity issue as I've been told. But out and about... I can't get jack. Either voice or data when the tower is having the problem.

I am hoping that Sprint adds a next generation Airrave that has LTE capability as well as CDMA2000 and EV-DO, that would function as part of an LTE HetNet.

I am hoping that Sprint adds a next generation Airrave that has LTE capability as well as CDMA2000 and EV-DO, that would function as part of an LTE HetNet.

Looks like Airvana is in the process of a multimode femto. So who knows if Sprint will order those for the subscribers who lack a good LTE signal.

http://www.airvana.com/technology/lte-femtocells/

What's the point, why not just use Wifi?

I personally use wifi. But, there would be some times, say when I'm having friends, coworkers or acquaintances who are Sprint subscribers over for whatever reason. I'm not about to give my wifi key to people I don't completely trust.

Maybe it just boils down to a mantra I hear often around Milwaukee. "I pay for 4G service, and I want 4G service."

• Like 1

I personally use wifi. But, there would be some times, say when I'm having friends, coworkers or acquaintances who are Sprint subscribers over for whatever reason. I'm not about to give my wifi key to people I don't completely trust.

Maybe it just boils down to a mantra I hear often around Milwaukee. "I pay for 4G service, and I want 4G service."

I use the airave for sending texts and calling. Wifi for data, I don't have enough bars to keep a call stable. quite a few times text send.
  • Like 1

I use the airave for sending texts and calling. Wifi for data, I don't have enough bars to keep a call stable. quite a few times text send.

I do the same. I had amazing service and signal in my hope up till about mid-February.

I do the same. I had amazing service and signal in my hope up till about mid-February.

Ha "in my hope" :D LOL xD ya. The service has been getting weird lol. yesterday I walked outside and I went from 2 bars to nearly full bars... Now today it's random.. lol idk But I work with people who have sprint and have gotten rid of the airave.. Lucky

Ha "in my hope" :D LOL xD ya. The service has been getting weird lol. yesterday I walked outside and I went from 2 bars to nearly full bars... Now today it's random.. lol idk But I work with people who have sprint and have gotten rid of the airave.. Lucky

Considering my track record with autocorrect, "hope" could have turned out MUCH worse. LOL I'm actually parked and doing some paperwork (law enforcement). I say hang onto the Airave for a while, let it settle down. If your NV sites are live and strong, you might be able to ditch it all together.

Considering my track record with autocorrect, "hope" could have turned out MUCH worse. LOL I'm actually parked and doing some paperwork (law enforcement). I say hang onto the Airave for a while, let it settle down. If your NV sites are live and strong, you might be able to ditch it all together.

I have horrible luck.. Lol Robert said since the tower I connect to is facing the opposite Of my front window, the service gets cut down. I live in an apartment complex where theres 4 apartments on each side, and there 8 in a total block. So I have an apartment behind me and on both sides, but the tower is on the other side. But I have netmonitor and it shows me connecting to a different one then I have always been connected to lol... Idk The NV sites around me are literally almost done

I have horrible luck.. Lol Robert said since the tower I connect to is facing the opposite Of my front window, the service gets cut down. I live in an apartment complex where theres 4 apartments on each side, and there 8 in a total block. So I have an apartment behind me and on both sides, but the tower is on the other side. But I have netmonitor and it shows me connecting to a different one then I have always been connected to lol... Idk The NV sites around me are literally almost done

I'm connecting to a tower that's in clear line of sight and is about a mile away (as the crow flies) and it's not a known Sprint tower as it doesn't appear on our maps. There's also a known sprint tower, in clear line of sight that's bout 2 blocks away from me and my phone ignores it - even with the Airave off and I'm standing a mere 100 feet away from the building it's mounted on.

I'm connecting to a tower that's in clear line of sight and is about a mile away (as the crow flies) and it's not a known Sprint tower as it doesn't appear on our maps. There's also a known sprint tower, in clear line of sight that's bout 2 blocks away from me and my phone ignores it - even with the Airave off and I'm standing a mere 100 feet away from the building it's mounted on.

How are you determining the tower locations? Sprint towers in Milwaukee do not broadcast their actual 1X locations, but rather show an offset for each sector, resulting in 3 mappable locations for each. For example, my daughter lives just south of UWM, and connects to a cell on an apartment building just a block away. But the mapping apps (SignalCheck Pro, Netmonitor, etc.) and the engineering screen latitude-and-longitude all locate one of the sectors somewhere out in Lake Michigan and a second sector for the same tower about a mile west (I haven't seen the 3rd one yet), so you would never find the tower by just looking at the reported location. There are Premier Sponsor maps which show the exact locations of all the NV sites in Milwaukee (and in most of the rest of the country), and once Robert posts a site as being In Progress or actually having an upgrade, that site shows by exact location on the national Sponsor map ( I was going to post the URL, but I'm not sure this is a Sponsor thread ). If you already knew this, my apologies for rambling on.

How are you determining the tower locations? Sprint towers in Milwaukee do not broadcast their actual 1X locations, but rather show an offset for each sector, resulting in 3 mappable locations for each. For example, my daughter lives just south of UWM, and connects to a cell on an apartment building just a block away. But the mapping apps (SignalCheck Pro, Netmonitor, etc.) and the engineering screen latitude-and-longitude all locate one of the sectors somewhere out in Lake Michigan and a second sector for the same tower about a mile west (I haven't seen the 3rd one yet), so you would never find the tower by just looking at the reported location. There are Premier Sponsor maps which show the exact locations of all the NV sites in Milwaukee (and in most of the rest of the country), and once Robert posts a site as being In Progress or actually having an upgrade, that site shows by exact location on the national Sponsor map ( I was going to post the URL, but I'm not sure this is a Sponsor thread ). If you already knew this, my apologies for rambling on.

I was able to determine the location by trial and error, asking questions to people at the site (You would be amazed what people say when they see a deputy in uniform. :)) & CDMA Field Test's mapping feature. CDMA FT pointed to this building (areal image is here: http://s4gru.com/ind...350#entry138350) on a map and I'm familiar with the building so I knew that some sort of cellular transmitter was atop of it. One afternoon I spotted a technician working from a truck and he said it was a Sprint tower. That doesn't mean he was truthful. I can't really get GOOD images of the antennas because they do not hang off the building. They are set back several feet so I cannot get a decent photo of it without trespassing onto the RR tracks and a halfway decent zoom lens.

The other thing that tells me that its the tower is that my signal is normally VERY strong when I'm near it and fluctuates wildly when I'm at home (about a mile away). There is a known Sprint building mounted site just about two blocks from my home on the old Scheuster's department store and my phone completely ignores it.

I have an Airave and it has recently had a delay trying to get back on the normal Sprint network after leaving my Airave coverage area. Is this due to the Airave broadcasting EVDO while the 3G is eHRPD? Would they need to release a new Airave to correct this issue?

I have an Airave and it has recently had a delay trying to get back on the normal Sprint network after leaving my Airave coverage area. Is this due to the Airave broadcasting EVDO while the 3G is eHRPD? Would they need to release a new Airave to correct this issue?

Your Airave should have an eHRPD data type as well. Mine does, anyway. You can see a shot from my CDMA Took Kit app here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3765-the-airave-before-and-after/page__view__findpost__p__139507. As for the handing off, I've never experienced any delay.

It sounds like it could just be a slight delay with your phone reporting the data type (3G EV-DO vs eHRPD) since your voice will always be 1x from what I've learned on this site.

Your Airave should have an eHRPD data type as well. Mine does, anyway. You can see a shot from my CDMA Took Kit app here: http://s4gru.com/ind...ost__p__139507. As for the handing off, I've never experienced any delay.

It sounds like it could just be a slight delay with your phone reporting the data type (3G EV-DO vs eHRPD) since your voice will always be 1x from what I've learned on this site.

ha mine broadcasts EV-DO, But atm it's saying LTE even tho im connected to WIFI lolz. Hmm I reset it and my calls are choppy.. 0.o o dear

ha mine broadcasts EV-DO, But atm it's saying LTE even tho im connected to WIFI lolz. Hmm I reset it and my calls are choppy.. 0.o o dear

Sounds like something is having an identity crisis. I wouldn't call Airave support.. They're about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Sounds like something is having an identity crisis. I wouldn't call Airave support.. They're about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

LOL I called sprint they did there thing and they told me to LOL RIP

LOL I called sprint they did there thing and they told me to LOL RIP

Hopefully your Airave will settle down and rebound. But I really don't think it's a problem with the device, but the whole situation with new service around you.

Your Airave should have an eHRPD data type as well. Mine does, anyway. You can see a shot from my CDMA Took Kit app here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3765-the-airave-before-and-after/page__view__findpost__p__139507. As for the handing off, I've never experienced any delay.

I don't believe it has ehrpd. What is the Evdo PN when you are on ehrpd on the airave? It's in the Evdo engineering screen.

I don't believe it has ehrpd. What is the Evdo PN when you are on ehrpd on the airave? It's in the Evdo engineering screen.

Here ya go. I included a shot of the data from CDMA Field Test as it (as well as other apps) report eHRPD

V9I1OtPl.png

N0MgFvYl.png

xdVq6zzl.png

Your phone isn't connected to the airave just as I thought. The PN would be in the 500's.

I truly am connected to it. I verified it by dialing *99 and the BSID for the device is 20012. However, CDMAFT is nor reporting EVDO Rev A. Perhaps it's the app that's getting it wrong, but I'm certain I was connected to the device when I took those screen shots.

EDITED TO ADD: I just looked at the 1x engineering screen and the PN is in the 500's as you previously mentioned. It doesn't show it in the EVDO engineering screen.

*99 only confirms you are connected to the Airave 1X side. Your EVDO side is connected to your local cell site though. I don't mess with those location or BSID type apps as that only tells you about 1X.

Just like in the LTE world where you can be connected to 1X on one site then LTE on another site the same thing can happen on EVDO and 1X. Looks like your phone is using the local cell site instead of the Airave for EVDO.

*99 only confirms you are connected to the Airave 1X side. Your EVDO side is connected to your local cell site though. I don't mess with those location or BSID type apps as that only tells you about 1X.

Just like in the LTE world where you can be connected to 1X on one site then LTE on another site the same thing can happen on EVDO and 1X. Looks like your phone is using the local cell site instead of the Airave for EVDO.

Learned something new. Thanks!