Galaxy S lll allegedly to launch this April

legion125

Although an announcement hasn't been set, Sammy's marketing firm is said to be planning an April launch with Europe being the focus. Again this may be a step above a rumor but still no word on when it will hit the U.S. I guess in the smartphone world in Samsung's eyes, we're a 2nd tier launch region.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/03/02/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-launch-reportedly-confirmed-for-april/

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-allegedly-confirmed-for-April-launch_id27605

• Like 1

Since Samsung said they weren't officially announcing the GSIII at MWC because they wanted a global roll out closer to the official announcement, maybe Sprint (and other US carriers) will get it when the rest of the world does. Hopefully. My upgrade date is April 1st, so I'll probably get a Galaxy Nexus, but I don't want to feel I settled for a lesser phone since I usually keep them for my whole contract.

Since Samsung said they weren't officially announcing the GSIII at MWC because they wanted a global roll out closer to the official announcement, maybe Sprint (and other US carriers) will get it when the rest of the world does. Hopefully. My upgrade date is April 1st, so I'll probably get a Galaxy Nexus, but I don't want to feel I settled for a lesser phone since I usually keep them for my whole contract.

I'd def try waiting another month or two. By then you'd def have a better idea of whats releasing in the very near future from that point.

I'd def try waiting another month or two. By then you'd def have a better idea of whats releasing in the very near future from that point.

The nice thing about the nexus is that Google promises to update the nexus line for the life of the phone or approximately 2 years

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just from what I've gleaned from the articles, the initial launch as always will start in Europe. The good thing is if this does come with an LTE ready quad-core, it will launched at least 4-6 months before most had expected. Of course with the Euros getting it first, we can at least expect a summer or early fall release. Here's to hoping.

The nice thing about the nexus is that Google promises to update the nexus line for the life of the phone or approximately 2 years

i'm beginning to wonder about that. ICS came out in November. Here we are in March and a stock update for CDMA phones has yet to materialize. I don't even think the update for the GSM Nexus S has resumed yet.

This is kind of taking the glow off of having a Nexus product, especially with Googles statements about not supporting CDMA phones any longer. If that's the case, we my not be able to delight in the Google experience of getting timely updates until VoLTE rolls around and everyone is on the same sheet of music.

• Like 1

i'm beginning to wonder about that. ICS came out in November. Here we are in March and a stock update for CDMA phones has yet to materialize. I don't even think the update for the GSM Nexus S has resumed yet.

This is kind of taking the glow off of having a Nexus product, especially with Googles statements about not supporting CDMA phones any longer. If that's the case, we my not be able to delight in the Google experience of getting timely updates until VoLTE rolls around and everyone is on the same sheet of music.

Google has publicly stated that they will continue to issue updates for CDMA devices. They removed the CDMA devices from their "support" page because custom ROMs, if built from AOSP instead of based on the official update, can lose functionality. The CDMA files need to be signed by the platform key or the correct code will not be transmitted to the carrier and calls and data connections will not function. Google determined that this was too complex to try to communicate to would be developers and removed the AOSP files from their support page.

Personally, I don't think the galaxy s3 is gonna be released anytime soon. I would guess that they will release this phone closer to when the iphone 5 comes out. Seems like the smart thing to do, besides the galaxy s2 is still selling pretty well from what I can tell.

Personally, I don't think the galaxy s3 is gonna be released anytime soon. I would guess that they will release this phone closer to when the iphone 5 comes out. Seems like the smart thing to do, besides the galaxy s2 is still selling pretty well from what I can tell.

You may be right. This article says that the GSlll (quoted by Samsung) won't be out "at least until summer". These GSlll rumors are starting to get as bad as iPhone tales. Maybe well get some clarification next week.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-isisnt-coming-part-vii

I hope it's the Sprint's version of the Galaxy Nexus. However, it doesn't seem like phones with different radios warrant different model numbers. Both the GSM version and the CDMA/LTE (Verizon) have model number I9250. I guess I could hold out hope that the rumors are true that Sprint's version will have upgraded specs because its been 6-months since the phone was announced. I would be fine with a better camera and cpu. Btw, the model number for the benchmarks above is I9300 in case you didn't read the article.

Samsung just came out with a tweet about the SGSIII:

"Known by some reports [brings] the Galaxy S3 April release stand is not true. Specific release period, I'll let you know via Twitter first."

I think some of the meaning was lost via bing translator, but it states that they will be announcing it via twitter. This could tip off that it will be announced via twitter before CTIA...

Other articles have stated that Samsung wants a big build up before the Olympics start in July. So figure the release date to be in the June/July realm.

I can see them sponsoring the Korean olympic team and having all their jerseys advertising the SGSIII. LOL

• Like 1

GS III Benchmark? Hard to say.

http://pocketnow.com...ocketnow.com%29

EDIT: If you read the user comments below the article, one user suggests it could be the Sprint Galaxy Nexus instead of the GSIII. Could that be a possibility?

That's not correct because the model number doesn't match Sprint's. Sprint uses SPH, like the Epic Touch, which is SPH-D710. the i9300 would a European market phone.

• Like 2

Murtazin strikes again. I hope sprint didn't preorder too many Galaxy Nexis, because this beast will be cannibalizing sales of its little brother if they are released side by side.

Murtazin strikes again. I hope sprint didn't preorder too many Galaxy Nexis, because this beast will be cannibalizing sales of its little brother if they are released side by side.

I cant wait to see this thing! (Edit) I have a feeling the G-Nex will hit Sprint at least a couple months before this is released though.

I cant wait to see this thing! (Edit) I have a feeling the G-Nex will hit Sprint at least a couple months before this is released though.

I agree. Sprint will probably need a couple months to come up with a longer name than the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch.

No Joke! I'm hoping for something a little more confusing this time. Its kind of fun reading posts/news articles and trying to figure out what phone someone is actually talking about.