Tower work and weather

DaQue

Anyone know what weather they work on deployment of panels and RRUs? I imagine if a site was up and running had a problem they would go up in about any weather to fix it but a new deploy would they go up in light or heavy rain? One YouTube of a site going up showed they work when its windy I guess too. I bet any lightning and that stops all work. A long time ago dad workrd on some electric towers and if their cigarette paper got wet down they came.

Anyone know what weather they work on deployment of panels and RRUs? I imagine if a site was up and running had a problem they would go up in about any weather to fix it but a new deploy would they go up in light or heavy rain? One YouTube of a site going up showed they work when its windy I guess too. I bet any lightning and that stops all work. A long time ago dad workrd on some electric towers and if their cigarette paper got wet down they came.

I saw some lightning today....I doubt they would go up if lightning was in the area

Uh, wow.

Yes, we want 4G LTE now. It's not worth people dying for that to happen. If I have to wait longer to ensure that people are safe, so be it.

Idk.. Some people want there 4G lte. But hey, I prefer them to drive around and see the coverage of the tower(s). See how it's doing if it's storming :D

I don't have to be in the industry to know that ...yes should be weather conditions where the tower workers do not climb the towers and I am certain that lightning is one of them. Even in rain, it is never safe to be dealing with powering up electronic equipment. I am sure the owners of these subcontractors already have a huge liability for its workers in dry conditions. When you add things like lightning and rain, there is no way any manager would allow their workers to work under those conditions. Safety is always number 1 in this line of work

Here's a thought.. They don't have to go up in the rain or lightning. Just like the guy in the video said he couldn't use a gin pole and had to fly the antenna on his back and attach the antenna to himself. Hit the road. I am sure there are 10 other companies that would take on another guy with open arms and quite possibly a signing bonus as well.

Sent from my little Note2

I don't have to be in the industry to know that ...yes should be weather conditions where the tower workers do not climb the towers and I am certain that lightning is one of them. Even in rain, it is never safe to be dealing with powering up electronic equipment. I am sure the owners of these subcontractors already have a huge liability for its workers in dry conditions. When you add things like lightning and rain, there is no way any manager would allow their workers to work under those conditions.

It was raining and I saw someone at a NV site here

I saw guys up on a tower in Lansing on Tuesday evening in 35F, driving rain and wind. Props to those poor fellas for having to work in that shit weather.

Time is money for all parties involved, so it's risk vs reward. Someone gets hurt, osha shuts you down for 4 weeks, everyone suffers, sprint, contractor, tower owner, consumer. Better to wait a day than a month.

That being said, it takes balls to hang off a tower, roped in or not, so in bad weather many more kudos to the workers.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1