Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

congrats to the lucky folks in Red Bluff, CA.  I was all over there today and everywhere i ended up except for a couple spots in the boones I had 4G even in a couple of the businesses i went into.

off topic:  twice in the last two weeks i have seen newer SUV type vehicles inside the fenced area at the corning tower.  these are not your typical work truck looking vehicles.  could these be network testers for sprint or inspectors of some sort?

My Guess would be yes.....

attachicon.gifIMG_20131002_072954.jpg

I was able to snap a pic of the tower by highway 99 and morada lane. The location of it is:

38.04146815156929, -121.26031465017881,

9811 California 99, Stockton, CA 95212, USA

Look closely between the trees :)

This one is a little far away but based on my older pics the panels on the right are new.

The location for this one is

37.953670743576886, -121.28588367515694,

1-99 North Sutter Street, Stockton, CA 95202, USA

This is the new pic from the other day:

attachicon.gifIMG_20130930_133348.jpg

this is the old one from a month(ish) ago:

20130624_133416.jpg

I think most of Stockton already has the LTE being built. It just needs to go live :(

Most sprint locations I've seen have already LTE equipment.

Taking longer than it has to :/

Sensorly shows deep purple tracks in Reno, NV near the intersection of West Plumb Lane & South Virginia Street. There's a confirmed upgraded Sprint cell tower there so the site may have gone into testing mode for 4G LTE and may be near being accepted. 

off topic:  twice in the last two weeks i have seen newer SUV type vehicles inside the fenced area at the corning tower.  these are not your typical work truck looking vehicles.  could these be network testers for sprint or inspectors of some sort?

NSA installing taps? :P

Sensorly shows deep purple tracks in Reno, NV near the intersection of West Plumb Lane & South Virginia Street. There's a confirmed upgraded Sprint cell tower there so the site may have gone into testing mode for 4G LTE and may be near being accepted. 

Yep, just getting LTE for the first time at Renown Regional Medical Center today.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to break da rules or complain but when I moved my family to sprint they convinced me by sayin lte goin to b here in a month they lie to me to get me in n there 3G service painfully slow I'm frustrated that's all... I'm eagerly waiting for lte jz let u knw I do lyk sprint that's why I moved my family to sprint

It's okay. Everyone can be super angry; so I personally know your pain. But October is the month for LTE to come in your UCV area :D

Sprint does sometimes go low enough and lie sometimes. Personally I thought LTE would never come, but it looks like we're going to be getting it this month! :D

• Like 1

Three 4G sites accepted in Reno over the past few days.

As noted,

> 1 on the intersection of West Plumb Lane and South Virginia Street just south of Midtown Reno

> 1 by the walmart supercenter on South Virginia Street and Damonte Ranch Parkway 

> 1 in northwest Reno by Mae Anne Ave and Sierra Highlands Drive.

• Like 1

It's okay. Everyone can be super angry; so I personally know your pain. But October is the month for LTE to come in your UCV area :D

Sprint does sometimes go low enough and lie sometimes. Personally I thought LTE would never come, but it looks like we're going to be getting it this month! :D

yes i have hope too.  i'm feeling any day now for my town.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any information on what's causing the delays in lte in the lodi/stockton area? ass luisBOSS pointed out, there are a lot of sites that have LTE hardware setup. I understand there are a lot of factors, I'm just curious if anyone ahs any juicy details :)

Ya that's y I was mad

This month really? I'm exited :D

Edited by ShoaibK

May I ask where that town is? Just out of curiosity :D

He's up in Corning a little west of Chico and due south of Red bluff. He's the person that's responsible for all the purple tracks on sensorly up there. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any information on what's causing the delays in lte in the lodi/stockton area? ass luisBOSS pointed out, there are a lot of sites that have LTE hardware setup. I understand there are a lot of factors, I'm just curious if anyone ahs any juicy details :)

Yeah! I remember seen that downtown panels since May or something like that.

We know it's there. It's just a matter of being tested and turned on live :/ who knows how long more.

My gf has a HTC one and lately the " No Sim Card" has popped up which is weird.

How can I fix this for her?

She has sprint and android 4.3

This seems to be a hardware issue, some people say it needs a replacement tray or sim card.

• Like 1

Mapped Damonte Ranch, Reno area on sensorly - looks like lte extends down to the edge of the Summit shopping center.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Took these pics today. It's the LTE tower of Sprint on French Camp Rd in Stockton.

Not the best but it was the best I could do since there were like 2 trucks and a car next to it. I saw them working on the units below the tower. Maybe they're testing it :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scuvincb24e2hy8/2013-10-04%2010.47.34.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugvtmlq1slg24ef/2013-10-04%2010.47.56.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6apium766a0xwi/2013-10-04%2010.50.07.jpg

As far as I know Sprint is the only carrier that has cell equipment on this tower.

Took these pics today. It's the LTE tower of Sprint on French Camp Rd in Stockton.

Not the best but it was the best I could do since there were like 2 trucks and a car next to it. I saw them working on the units below the tower. Maybe they're testing it :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scuvincb24e2hy8/2013-10-04%2010.47.34.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ugvtmlq1slg24ef/2013-10-04%2010.47.56.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6apium766a0xwi/2013-10-04%2010.50.07.jpg

As far as I know Sprint is the only carrier that has cell equipment on this tower.

Nope. Sprint is not upgraded. They have the old nortel antennas on the top. Second down is ATT with a RRUS11 for LTE. 3rd down is Clearwire wimax.