Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

my wife works near that tower that just lit up up in red bluff she had been asking me if i wanted to move to red bluff.  i am SERIOUSLY considering it now either way one of us has to commute i think i would trade having a commute for 4G in the town where i live.   :)

You do what's best for you and good luck if you do!

You do what's best for you and good luck if you do!

thanks.  i really appreciate this site.  i came here out of frustration but its being a positive experience.  the science of cell phone/radio technology is fascinating, i never knew there was so much behind the scenes work that had to be put into it.  i have gained a whole new respect for the science and the industry.

• Like 3

Got on the Roof of the chem annex at UCD where the Sprint tower is and snapped a few photos.  They're doing some roof work, so I don't know if sprint can get up there at the same time/has been up there but someone was here a few weeks ago to turn it down or something...

anyway don't know if this helps any kind of ID but here it is: http://imgur.com/a/y9bRu

• Like 1

Got on the Roof of the chem annex at UCD where the Sprint tower is and snapped a few photos.  They're doing some roof work, so I don't know if sprint can get up there at the same time/has been up there but someone was here a few weeks ago to turn it down or something...

anyway don't know if this helps any kind of ID but here it is: http://imgur.com/a/y9bRu

Yeah... you cannot have two contractors working on the same area of a building for different purposes for liability issues just like how you can't have two different tower contractors working on different racks of the same tower at the same time. 

Interesting legacy equipment.. I'll add that as a foot note to my map for a before and after comparison. East Davis will probably go live first. 

East Davis is slated to go live sometime in October. 

:o. October? That's not even a decade away XD. I'm happy to hear this, as I live in East davis :). The boring part of Davis, may have just gotten to be the best B)

Thanks Timmy.

Could you be Tim Duncan in disguise?

:o. October? That's not even a decade away XD. I'm happy to hear this, as I live in East davis :). The boring part of Davis, may have just gotten to be the best B)

Thanks Timmy.

Could you be Tim Duncan in disguise?

No but I'm sure you'll find a TD-LTE signal in East Davis if you got a triband mifi so there's that.

No but I'm sure you'll find a TD-LTE signal in East Davis if you got a triband mifi so there's that.

I'm sorry, my terminology on this stuff is awful XD. What does that mean? My dad has a note 2, me a 3, and my mom an S3. Can we all be using LTE by october?

I'm sorry, my terminology on this stuff is awful XD. What does that mean? My dad has a note 2, me a 3, and my mom an S3. Can we all be using LTE by october?

Possibly if the information we've received holds firm. TD-LTE is 2500-2600mhz frequency which Sprint is now deploying via its clearwire sites. It is the third LTE frequency that Sprint will be using in its tri-band network which utilizes SMR 800 mhz, PCS 1900mhz, and BRS-EBS 2500-2600mhz. 

LTE 800 is the LTE signal for range and indoor penetration. PCS 1900 LTE is the bread and butter which most people will use. BRS-EBS 2500-2600 LTE is the ultra high capacity band which is good for out doors places where there's a huge amount of people as it is much harder to bog down due to having a 20mhz carrier. 

I'm sorry can you refresh my memory only one device the lg g2 will support all that? Is that the only one available right now?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

The phones that have the necessary bands for the Triband network are the LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, and the LG D820 (nexii V) none of which are available yet but should be next month. 

• Like 1

And all of that equals LTE for everyone in October? If so, that would be great. School starts in October for me, (November for the learning portion :P) so I need to be able to have internet on and off campus; I'm fine with the speeds now (I'm not actually); but I went to the bay earlier in August and I came back with almost 60 gigs of data used. I honestly thought I didn't use more than 3. If this is the case then I would be crazy to go to AT&T.

And all of that equals LTE for everyone in October? If so, that would be great. School starts in October for me, (November for the learning portion :P) so I need to be able to have internet on and off campus; I'm fine with the speeds now (I'm not actually); but I went to the bay earlier in August and I came back with almost 60 gigs of data used. I honestly thought I didn't use more than 3. If this is the case then I would be crazy to go to AT&T.

Our information that we've received indicates an expectation that a huge number of sites will be going live starting October with acceptances and number of sites going live peaking around Nov-December. 

• Like 1

Our information that we've received indicates an expectation that a huge number of sites will be going live starting October with acceptances and number of sites going live peaking around Nov-December.

Just what I wanted to hear, and I'm guessing these were valuable sources? If so, then YAY!;

I'm crossing my fingers that Sprint won't lie to me again. Thanks Timmy :)

• Like 1

Just what I wanted to hear, and I'm guessing these were valuable sources? If so, then YAY!;

I'm crossing my fingers that Sprint won't lie to me again. Thanks Timmy :)

The "source" also gave us percentage figures and other goodies that only premier sponsors have access to. Lets just say it's pretty impressive what Sprint and Softbank wants to accomplish by years end. 

Son has his sights set on the blank space where the hearts of ATT and Verizon should be if they had one. 

Yeah... you cannot have two contractors working on the same area of a building for different purposes for liability issues just like how you can't have two different tower contractors working on different racks of the same tower at the same time. 

Interesting legacy equipment.. I'll add that as a foot note to my map for a before and after comparison. East Davis will probably go live first. 

I take it you haven't seen it before?  I thought it looked a bit different.  My building manager told me sprint still hasn't contacted him about any upcoming work and it looks like they will be doing the roof for at least a few more weeks at the rate they're moving.  How likely is it that the towers in East Davis would reach campus?  I don't really NEED it there since There's WiFi everywhere but it would be nice.

I take it you haven't seen it before?  I thought it looked a bit different.  My building manager told me sprint still hasn't contacted him about any upcoming work and it looks like they will be doing the roof for at least a few more weeks at the rate they're moving.  How likely is it that the towers in East Davis would reach campus?  I don't really NEED it there since There's WiFi everywhere but it would be nice.

LTE 800 from east Davis will probably cover the entire city of davis. It's just that good. LTE 1900 will probably be limited to east davis and some fringe signal into UCD and central davis. 

LTE 800 from east Davis will probably cover the entire city of davis. It's just that good. LTE 1900 will probably be limited to east davis and some fringe signal into UCD and central davis. 

=O that's awesome I had no idea it had that kind of range!

When they upgrading tower by northgate and west el comino?

Go to the giant tower near the intersection of Northgate blvd and North Market Blvd and check it out yourself. Take some pics and post it here and we can identify if it's been upgraded as the permits been issued.

do the contractors/engineers work on saturdays or should we never expect a tower to go live on a weekend?

They work any time they want to or are needed to. 

hm,  shouldn't lte 1900 be in the UCD campus area? I actually don't know how populated it is over there, or at least how dense, but my guess is that it's going to be the most dense out of any other section in davis.

We're talking about the East Davis site and its potential coverage. Chemistry annex cell site will be the one that serves UCD.