Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I have 2 questions:

First, what PRL is everyone using? I had been on 56015, but it seems like I can't get LTE to work anymore.  when I turn it off, 3G works, but when I turn it on, I just get no data at all.  I am going to ask over on the rom i use's thread as well because I don't know which it is (and I don't have LTE at my house to do easy testing)

Second, I've heard that the Next Nexus will work for Sprint, Tmo, and att.  Does that mean one phone will have all the radios?necessary to work on all 3 networks, or there will be 3 different versions?  

I have 2 questions:

First, what PRL is everyone using? I had been on 56015, but it seems like I can't get LTE to work anymore.  when I turn it off, 3G works, but when I turn it on, I just get no data at all.  I am going to ask over on the rom i use's thread as well because I don't know which it is (and I don't have LTE at my house to do easy testing)

Second, I've heard that the Next Nexus will work for Sprint, Tmo, and att.  Does that mean one phone will have all the radios?necessary to work on all 3 networks, or there will be 3 different versions?  

- Many of us use modified sponsor PRLs that give us goodies like priority on SMR 800 and roaming enhancements.

- Yep. The D820 supports 7 lte bands including the ones that are unique to Sprint (SMR 800 Band 26 & TD-LTE 2500 Band 41). 

- Many of us use modified sponsor PRLs that give us goodies like priority on SMR 800 and roaming enhancements.

- Yep. The D820 supports 7 lte bands including the ones that are unique to Sprint (SMR 800 Band 26 & TD-LTE 2500 Band 41). 

Are there PRLs available only in the sponsor area here?

All PRLs will be the same for LTE usage as all geographic areas have LTE scans turned on and have been for a while now. The only way you would have no LTE is by writing a PRL that is designed for a legacy device.

Well Sprint pushed a 2000 prl to at least the Note 2 that disables 800SMR scanning apparently.  I would have to think they had a reason for doing that, so I thought it could possibly be why I wasn't getting any LTE with the one I was using.

Edited by da_kiem

given the fact there is so much work being done and updates, modifications all sorts of things.  how often should one update their PRL?

Essentially not very often.  you don't need a new PRL to connect to new towers that come online, because the PRL isn't a list of towers.  I think of it as sprint adds new towers to existing PRLs.  I only flash a different PRL because I would like 3G roaming for verizon as opposed to just 2G

Would the possibility of a government shutdown of the FCC hamper sprints 4G rollout?  

Nope...It is all based on resources right now for the progress of Sprint's 4G Rollout and lack of fiber backhaul to each tower. The Backhaul/Fiber contractors are pretty dang busy. 

why if i switch my phone over to CDMA only it connects to EV-DO and i get speeds of 1.5 to 2.5 megs down which is great but if i switch to CDMA/LTE/EVDO signal pro says i'm connected to eHRPD and then i barely get .5 megs?

Also, I was on my way to work this morning and saw work being done on the tower by morada lane/highway 99 next to Raley's! (Stockton/Morada) Also, I was roaming and last week I was getting decent 3g speeds there.

Looks like the month for LTE has come. The NBA season also starts this October so there really isn't much more I can ask for :D (I can finally see the games insteqd of trying to update the score and have my phone burn hot ;) ). Also will Sprint launch a new PRL so 800 LTE will launch market wide? Also, with an 800 spectrum, will indoor areas pick up better signal? I'm super excited. Sprint might be able to give Davis users free phone upgrades for lying to us about LTE launching in March.

The "source" also gave us percentage figures and other goodies that only premier sponsors have access to. Lets just say it's pretty impressive what Sprint and Softbank wants to accomplish by years end. 

Son has his sights set on the blank space where the hearts of ATT and Verizon should be if they had one. 

Does that include TD-LTE 2500 in Reno?  Or should I ask, would a tri-band hotspot be worth purchasing in the near future?

Does that include TD-LTE 2500 in Reno?  Or should I ask, would a tri-band hotspot be worth purchasing in the near future?

Reno has a legacy pre-wimax expedience network that needs to be completely torn down and replaced so I doubt you Reno folks will see TD-LTE in the next few months. It's more likely you'll be seeing LTE 800 in the near future (next month or two).

When the time comes to deploy TD-LTE, it should be relatively fast. Reno and Nevada are great environments to do business in. The local government works with the companies in order to come up with solutions to potential issues. It's a very low barrier to entry market and I will say it'll be among-st the first markets to get TD-LTE in NV 2.0 nationwide TD-LTE rolleout. 

Side note - It seems a site in downtown sacramento is in the progress of being converted. In addition, all the sites with permits applied in downtown have been approved within the last week. 

• Like 1

ShoaibK, S4GRU is not a Sprint complaint site. We do not allow rants, and your post violates our rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Sprint is deploying LTE across its entire national footprint. MetroPCS, which is being absorbed by T-Mobile, is doing so only in selected areas that already have advanced backhaul. As such, that makes the Sprint rollout slower but far more extensive. If you want to follow the progress of Network Vision, you should become a sponsor:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

On the other hand, if you want to be impatient and complain, then you need to take your rants and possibly wireless service elsewhere.

AJ

I'm sorry I didn't mean to break da rules or complain but when I moved my family to sprint they convinced me by sayin lte goin to b here in a month they lie to me to get me in n there 3G service painfully slow I'm frustrated that's all... I'm eagerly waiting for lte jz let u knw I do lyk sprint that's why I moved my family to sprint

Hi

By any chance do u knw are they goin upgrade their towor to lte by northgate?

Go to the giant tower near the intersection of Northgate blvd and North Market Blvd and check it out yourself. Take some pics and post it here and we can identify if it's been upgraded as the permits been issued.

It almost seems as if they're doing their best to avoid putting LTE in downtown Reno, where it's needed the most. Instead, they have it in South Meadows, Verdi, JA Nugget, etc... 

post-15757-0-92777800-1380727425_thumb.jpg

I was able to snap a pic of the tower by highway 99 and morada lane. The location of it is:

38.04146815156929, -121.26031465017881,
9811 California 99, Stockton, CA 95212, USA

Look closely between the trees :)

This one is a little far away but based on my older pics the panels on the right are new.

The location for this one is

37.953670743576886, -121.28588367515694,
1-99 North Sutter Street, Stockton, CA 95202, USA

This is the new pic from the other day:

post-15757-0-01243100-1380727689_thumb.jpg

this is the old one from a month(ish) ago:

20130624_133416.jpg

congrats to the lucky folks in Red Bluff, CA.  I was all over there today and everywhere i ended up except for a couple spots in the boones I had 4G even in a couple of the businesses i went into.

off topic:  twice in the last two weeks i have seen newer SUV type vehicles inside the fenced area at the corning tower.  these are not your typical work truck looking vehicles.  could these be network testers for sprint or inspectors of some sort?