Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Nice, it's good to see some progress. I almost gave up on Sprint today. I wen't to the T-mobile store on Bruceville and Elk Grove Blvd and they said they had no data service at the moment since their towers were being upgraded. They told me to check back in a few days haha. I thought it was funny.  So instead I just donated to this site. I'm gonna hang around since the grass is not always greener.

Nice to see you around still. Samsung is going full steam on CDMA 800 1x deployment and presumably LTE 800 in a few weeks. T-mobile, though they have a formidable AWS LTE network, will have no response to that. 

A typical PCS site is good to around 7-8 miles at max with narrow beamwidth antenna on a flat area with minimal disruptions to line of sight which should be slightly better than AWS 1700/2100. On the other hand, we're having reports and confirmations that people are getting decent SMR 800 1x signals over 10-15 miles away on average and someone even got a hit 42 miles away. Just shows you how important it is to have sub 1ghz spectrum. 

It's going to get insane in the next 3 months as LTE 800 and CDMA 800 1x rolls out. Not to mention TD-LTE 2500mhz are going to be added soon enough over the existing clearwire wimax and sprint cell sites.  Fun times ahead!

• Like 5

Nice to see you around still. Samsung is going full steam on CDMA 800 1x deployment and presumably LTE 800 in a few weeks. T-mobile, though they have a formidable AWS LTE network, will have no response to that.

A typical PCS site is good to around 7-8 miles at max with narrow beamwidth antenna on a flat area with minimal disruptions to line of sight which should be slightly better than AWS 1700/2100. On the other hand, we're having reports and confirmations that people are getting decent SMR 800 1x signals over 10-15 miles away on average and someone even got a hit 42 miles away. Just shows you how important it is to have sub 1ghz spectrum.

It's going to get insane in the next 3 months as LTE 800 and CDMA 800 1x rolls out. Not to mention TD-LTE 2500mhz are going to be added soon enough over the existing clearwire wimax and sprint cell sites. Fun times ahead!

For the reasons you mentioned above, I am thoroughly excited about the future of Sprint. I am just hoping they continue to work on their network and ensure the hardware they offer takes full advantage of it. With LTE rolling out, should the iphone 6 (yes, a year from now) be able to talk&surf ???

• Like 2

Damn wonder what's taking the San Joaquin and Stanislaus Valley so long to go live :/

Yeah their 3G here sucks big time.  I sure hope the upgrade increases range also.

I read on the Sprint Facebook page where someone asked about Modesto, and the Sprint representative responded that Modesto should be up in 'a few months'.  This posting was back in May.  <_<

New member here.  Ive been reading this with great interest as I live in the Campus Commons area and work at FTB (across from Capital Christian Center) and in both places I spend the vast majority of time I receive very poor to no 3G. the last few days at work virtually none. 

Does anyone have insights to the recent degradation and when LTE might be coming? 

Thanks! 

New member here.  Ive been reading this with great interest as I live in the Campus Commons area and work at FTB (across from Capital Christian Center) and in both places I spend the vast majority of time I receive very poor to no 3G. the last few days at work virtually none. 

Does anyone have insights to the recent degradation and when LTE might be coming? 

Thanks! 

Actually there is two towers just North of the Campus Commons area that are currently In Progress being upgraded with new NV equipment. This may be why your seeing degradation of service at this time because other towers nearby are probably overloaded as these are going through the upgrade process. The first tower is located on Howe Ave/Northrop Ave down Bell St. The 2nd tower is more north at the intersection Howe/Alta Arden Way. You should see LTE service from these two towers soon as well as when other towers start to go through the upgrade process as well.

• Like 1

Thanks kytopfun!  SaaaaaaWEET! 

I doubt these towers effect my coverage at work on Butterfield and Folsom as that is some 10 miles id guess. Know anything about that area? Whats interesting is on Sensorly it shows a small bubble of 4G on the south east section of our huge parking lot. Ive srood there several times and can still barely get 3G.

Thanks again!

Thanks kytopfun!  SaaaaaaWEET! 

I doubt these towers effect my coverage at work on Butterfield and Folsom as that is some 10 miles id guess. Know anything about that area? Whats interesting is on Sensorly it shows a small bubble of 4G on the south east section of our huge parking lot. Ive srood there several times and can still barely get 3G.

Thanks again!

There is a sprint tower just southeast of Folsom/Butterfield right at Highway 50/Bradshaw Rd. You can see it right off the on/off ramp to Highway 50. You should have pretty good reception there? As for how well 3G is working though...this tower could just be overloaded. When Upgrades start here you should see alot better performance at your work..nothing yet though. 

• Like 1

Can see it out my window but... poor reception.  Hopefully it is due to the overload you state due to other towers being upgraded.

Thanks for you insights kytopgun!

Bill

Edit: kytopgun... is there some means for me to see these towers and the status of each so not to constantly bug others?

Edited by billgeo

Can see it out my window but... poor reception.  Hopefully it is due to the overload you state due to other towers being upgraded.

Thanks for you insights kytopgun!

Bill

Edit: kytopgun... is there some means for me to see these towers and the status of each so not to constantly bug others?

Donate a little something to the site through Paypal and become a Sponsor or Premier Sponsor and you will have access to some specialty maps and other items. You can see the tower out your window? You should have 4-5 bars? How many bars are you getting?

Yes, I have four bars yet the data connection has been non-existant for several days.

Cool, I'll go do the "donate" thing!   :)

Having good reception is definitely good! But having degraded 3G performance probably means the Bradshaw 50 Tower is overloaded right now and/or getting ready to go through an upgrade.

That would be GREAT if that is the case.  OK, donation made, time to find those maps and other info pages.  Thanks again!

You should get Sponsor Access fairly quick for your billgeo account here. You may have to log out/back in until you can see the Sponsor's Forums near the bottom of the Forums page.

Hi. I've been reading the forums here for a while now and finally decided to contribute something. I live in north redding off of Lake Boulevard. I always pass by two towers on my way to college. They are next to the moose lodge. One of them, the smaller one, I know is a Metro PCS tower. The second one though, I am pretty sure is sprint. The equipment on it looks a lot like what I have seen on here. The last couple of weeks my reception has been pretty crappy, and the last couple of days there have been technicians working on it. I took a few pictures I'm hoping you guys can identify for me, or maybe someone from up here can clue me in on what's going on with upgrades in the area. I know we must be getting close to 4G up here. Since it's inching closer to Anderson. Unfortunately, I have an Iphone. So Sensorly is pretty much worthless. Maybe when the work is done the guy from Red Bluff can make the drive up here and map it out. If know one else beats him to it.

post-25091-13783281124142_thumb.jpgpost-25091-13783281358437_thumb.jpgpost-25091-13783281640368_thumb.jpgpost-25091-13783281778478_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah their 3G here sucks big time.  I sure hope the upgrade increases range also.

I read on the Sprint Facebook page where someone asked about Modesto, and the Sprint representative responded that Modesto should be up in 'a few months'.  This posting was back in May.  <_<

It should increase the range. Yeah last November my mom was told LTE was going to be in Stockton by late March.

But the towers are being worked on though. My nearest Sprint tower like 3 weeks ago was being worked on and my data was dead. So a Sprint rep online confirmed with my thoughts that it is going LTE work. Whenever I pass down that road you can see Sprint's LTE equipment. The tower is on i-5 just exit on French camp and make a left, the tower will pop up a mile from the exit.

Hopefully this area can see LTE before 2013 ends.

The Upper Central Valley should be completed by October 2014 and Lower Central Valley by early 2015 :/

Keep in mind those date estimates are based solely on the rate of production over the last three weeks (as of August 19th). Since then, production has ramped up some, so those dates will come a little closer. NV Equipment installs should be nearing completion in every market except perhaps Hawaii by early to mid 2014. LTE activation may lag somewhat depending on how slowly backhaul vendors continue to move.

For the reasons you mentioned above, I am thoroughly excited about the future of Sprint. I am just hoping they continue to work on their network and ensure the hardware they offer takes full advantage of it. With LTE rolling out, should the iphone 6 (yes, a year from now) be able to talk&surf ???

If Apple keeps being Apple, probably not :tu:

Hi. I've been reading the forums here for a while now and finally decided to contribute something. I live in north redding off of Lake Boulevard. I always pass by two towers on my way to college. They are next to the moose lodge. One of them, the smaller one, I know is a Metro PCS tower. The second one though, I am pretty sure is sprint. The equipment on it looks a lot like what I have seen on here. The last couple of weeks my reception has been pretty crappy, and the last couple of days there have been technicians working on it. I took a few pictures I'm hoping you guys can identify for me, or maybe someone from up here can clue me in on what's going on with upgrades in the area. I know we must be getting close to 4G up here. Since it's inching closer to Anderson. Unfortunately, I have an Iphone. So Sensorly is pretty much worthless. Maybe when the work is done the guy from Red Bluff can make the drive up here and map it out. If know one else beats him to it.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328112.005998.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328135.522056.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328163.555149.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328173.638758.jpg

Welcome to the forums! Well, at least to posting on the forums! :tu:

I do not see any Sprint NV equipment in your photos unfortunately. I can't even say for sure if that is a Sprint site. The best way to tell what's going on in your neighborhood is to become a sponsor so you can look at the Sprint maps we have here on the site. Keep an eye out though! Installs should be going on all around you in the coming weeks.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328112.005998.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328135.522056.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328163.555149.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378328173.638758.jpg

Sprints on that tower and a permit has been issued for Sprint to work on that tower but I do not see any Network Vision equipment. 

adamant01, on 04 Sept 2013 - 1:56 PM, said:snapback.png

Sprints on that tower and a permit has been issued for Sprint to work on that tower but I do not see any Network Vision equipment. 

I'm having a hard time looking at these pictures and trying to figure out which rack is Sprint. Sprint is on there...looking at the more further away pictures I think Sprint is the bottom most rack right above where all the microwave Domes stop.

Below is a list of locations that people should look for in progress sites and/or SMR 800  and/or LTE in the next 30-60 days due to information we've acquired from our sources.  :ninja:

- Davis,CA

- West Sacramento, CA

- Citrus Heights, CA

- Minden,NV

- North Auburn,CA

- Rocklin, CA

- Folsom, CA

- Rancho Cordova, CA

- Fair Oaks (unincorporated sac county)

- Arden Arcade (unincorporated sac county)

- Orangevale (unincorporated sac county)

- Rosemont (unincorporated Sacramento County)

• Like 3

Below is a list of locations that people should look for in progress sites and/or SMR 800  and/or LTE in the next 30-60 days due to information we've acquired from our sources.  :ninja:

- Davis,CA

- West Sacramento, CA

- Citrus Heights, CA

- Minden,NV

- North Auburn,CA

- Rocklin, CA

- Folsom, CA

- Rancho Cordova, CA

Too bad that I just put in my 30 day notice at my place in Folsom. I'm probably headed to Fair Oaks or Orangevale, hopefully it pops up out there soon.

- Davis,CA

- West Sacramento, CA

- Citrus Heights, CA

- Minden,NV

- North Auburn,CA

- Rocklin, CA

- Folsom, CA

- Rancho Cordova, CA

I hope we get some NV 3G Acceptances at these same cluster's as well.

that looks like the exact same setup that is in orland, ca.  i just went to burney last week and had signal pro and sensorly running the whole time and did not detect any 4g untill JSO of Cottonwood.  But hey things change in the blink of an eye and I am usually all over up here and always have sensorly mapping for me.  So keep checking if there is 4g to be found within 75 miles of Corning dammit I will find it.

Reno checking in here - is there a new accepted site in Sparks, near John Ascuaga's Nugget. Sensorly maps are showing 4G there but no one I know is picking it up. and I live 2 blocks from there.

Yesterday evening, about 6:00 PM I was getting 4g lte at the intersection of Rock blvd. and Greg st.. About a half a block further north on Rock it went away though. I circled around, thinking I would do a speed test, but didn't get a 4g connection again. Odd because for the last two days I have been getting a data connection less than 10% of the time one block from that intersection at my shop. Additionally, my phone voice service has been intermittent or non-existent for that same time period in that location.