Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I saw an unmarked white work truck at the tower on Mack Rd and Deer (something) Dr. There wasn't any LTE signal transmitted but the 3G signal was .50 Mbps up and .90 Mbps down. Hoping the LTE is not too far away.

I saw an unmarked white work truck at the tower on Mack Rd and Deer (something) Dr. There wasn't any LTE signal transmitted but the 3G signal was .50 Mbps up and .90 Mbps down. Hoping the LTE is not too far away.

Pics. 

Glad to see some 4G light up in that area off Laguna, the permit was issued for quite some time.

Anyone run a speed test?

---------------------------

Update: I went down to High Tech Ct, I live 2 miles away, and I couldn't pick up a signal on 3G and wasn't able to run any data. I know. But I couldn't help myself.

These are awesome pictures.. no Samsung equipment on this one yet though...Definitely Sprint on the 2nd rack down from the top. Looks to be a Nextel Synergy rack. Sprint Legacy 3G is the smaller white panel amongst the bigger Nextel gray ones. Total of 3 Sprint Legacy 3G Panels on this one...1 per Sector. I wonder how they will upgrade this one. Maybe they will take down some of the Nextel panels on 2nd Rack and put up the Samsung Gear alongside the Legacy 3G Panels...or maybe they are waiting so they can just strip the whole 2nd Rack......

• Like 1

These are awesome pictures.. no Samsung equipment on this one yet though...Definitely Sprint on the 2nd rack down from the top. Looks to be a Nextel Synergy rack. Sprint Legacy 3G is the smaller white panel amongst the bigger Nextel gray ones. Total of 3 Sprint Legacy 3G Panels on this one...1 per Sector. I wonder how they will upgrade this one. Maybe they will take down some of the Nextel panels on 2nd Rack and put up the Samsung Gear alongside the Legacy 3G Panels...or maybe they are waiting so they can just strip the whole 2nd Rack......

Nice, thanks.  Its always interesting to see who and what makes up these towers.

Wonder where that LTE signal was coming from then?  I noticed it briefly yesterday when I drove down High Tech, but it quickly went away.

Nice, thanks.  Its always interesting to see who and what makes up these towers.

Wonder where that LTE signal was coming from then?  I noticed it briefly yesterday when I drove down High Tech, but it quickly went away.

There is another tower close-by that has had a permit issued that could be it as well. Between Franklin Blvd and Laguna Park Drive (not Laguna Blvd) down Tegan Rd on the Northside of Tegan Rd. It looks really close to Wackman Park. It would be on the southside of Wackman Park and Northside of Tegan Rd somewhere.

Ahh yeah, I see it.  I'll check that one out today as well.  See if there isn't any work being done at that one.

Looks like that one may be on top of some transmission line towers.  Gotta get the better camera for that one.  Or cozy up to whoever's property that is

There is another tower close-by that has had a permit issued that could be it as well. Between Franklin Blvd and Laguna Park Drive (not Laguna Blvd) down Tegan Rd on the Northside of Tegan Rd. It looks really close to Wackman Park. It would be on the southside of Wackman Park and Northside of Tegan Rd somewhere.

Yea I live in that area, I am a 10 minute walk away from it and walk by a lot. It's actually a very large electric tower on the very southwest end of Wackman Park. There's a single long walking pathway that goes through that park and if you follow it all the way to the very end it leads you right to that tower, but the tower is separated by the park by a large fence so you're unable to get right up to it. But it's not like you need to since the tower is huge.

Don't take Tegan Drive, take Misty Meadow Way and you can literally park your car 10 feet away from that walkway at the end of the park. The tower is right there. I tried going down Tegan once to see the view from the other side, and see if the cell site could have been anything else, because the permit marks the permit just south of that tower. But it's too much land to be able to tell, and the permit location is just too close to the tower.

I didn't pick up any 4G from that one yesterday, but the 3G at that park has always been close to 1 mb down. Once I walk back to my house I am back to .10-.30 mb down. I think Sensorly would have already mapped 4G by Wackman Park if it was really that tower. I do speed tests by that one often. The sponsors forum says the permit for it was issued in April, but the one off of High Tech Ct was issued almost a full month prior to that. Please post if you are able to recognize Sprint on that tower, I haven't learned how to differentiate between the equipment.

• Like 1

Yea I live in that area, I am a 10 minute walk away from it and walk by a lot. It's actually a very large electric tower on the very southwest end of Wackman Park. There's a single long walking pathway that goes through that park and if you follow it all the way to the very end it leads you right to that tower, but the tower is separated by the park by a large fence so you're unable to get right up to it. But it's not like you need to since the tower is huge.

Don't take Tegan Drive, take Misty Meadow Way and you can literally park your car 10 feet away from that walkway at the end of the park. The tower is right there. I tried going down Tegan once to see the view from the other side, and see if the cell site could have been anything else, because the permit marks the permit just south of that tower. But it's too much land to be able to tell, and the permit location is just too close to the tower.

I didn't pick up any 4G from that one yesterday, but the 3G at that park has always been close to 1 mb down. Once I walk back to my house I am back to .10-.30 mb down. I think Sensorly would have already mapped 4G by Wackman Park if it was really that tower. I do speed tests by that one often. The sponsors forum says the permit for it was issued in April, but the one off of High Tech Ct was issued almost a full month prior to that. Please post if you are able to recognize Sprint on that tower, I haven't learned how to differentiate between the equipment.

Yeah we need pictures of this tower and some close-ups of those antennas/panels....If its a big tower then someone needs to definitely take a decent camera with them and not a cell-phone camera to get what we need for this one.

This is in Elk Grove? It is a ways away from me, but I have a good camera. I can try to get zoomed shots, but I have to find s time to drive down there.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Any idea who's on this tower? I'm guessing sprint because I get 50-60db when I'm near it. But who else is on it? Sorry for the bar pics, took it with my phone. Didn't have my camera at the moment.

http://db.tt/vRjFq1Qv

Have to get a better picture. I'd wager T-mobile legacy on the bottom set though. Get better images of the top or better yet, nearest cross streets. 

Have to get a better picture. I'd wager T-mobile legacy on the bottom set though. Get better images of the top or better yet, nearest cross streets. Those do not look like Ericsson RRU11s on the top to me which leaves only one other option......

It is right on the corner of valley hi drive and mack road. Other then that, I won't be able to take better pictures for awhile.

Any idea who's on this tower? I'm guessing sprint because I get 50-60db when I'm near it. But who else is on it? Sorry for the bar pics, took it with my phone. Didn't have my camera at the moment.

http://db.tt/vRjFq1Qv

That is ATT on the very top with 1 RRU and then TMobile right below with 6 Ericsson AIR Panels.

Snapped some pics of a couple of towers on Meadowview and Mack Road.. Best I could get with the S3

First is Mack

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/Towers/4290mack2.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/Towers/4290mack.jpg

I'll throw up the Meadowview when I upload em here in a sec

Meadowview

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/Towers/Meadowview.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63096940/Towers/Meadowview2.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That is ATT on the very top with 1 RRU and then TMobile right below with 6 Ericsson AIR Panels.

Wonder where that sprint tower is then cause getting 50-60db is like having something right infront of me. =/ spotting these towers is not easy.