Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Definitely not your phone in Rancho. My phone has been going into roaming all day long as well and losing Sprint Signal south of highway 50 and Zinfandel. I think it's a good sign of work being done. Not sure which tower though.

We lost 3G data today downtown Sac. Went to 1x for a bit and then came back.

Not sure if there is any work going on down here though. It was around noon.

They might as well have mispelled it as Sacre-Mental. As in you have to be a mental patient to wait around for Sprint to upgrade their network. haha kidding.

https://network.sprint.com/search/Sacremento,CA/

I'd rather wait around for them to have it done right the first time than have them rush to deploy and have a sketchy network that is always in need of repair. And the price for service isn't bad, either.

I'd rather wait around for them to have it done right the first time than have them rush to deploy and have a sketchy network that is always in need of repair. And the price for service isn't bad, either.

Eh, I was afraid of that happening. I was making a play on words with their misspelling of Sacramento (Sacremento).

So you don't want the current network is what you are saying. Lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Eh, I was afraid of that happening. I was making a play on words with their misspelling of Sacramento (Sacremento).

I got it. :-) It's sad they did misspell it, though. Maybe they are trying to tell us something...

Does anyone with a Note 2 still have PRL 2000? After this update it has been a bitch to call or text, and I quite literally cannot use my phone outside my house anymore. As pissed as I am with Sprint, I have a feeling that August will be the time Sacramento and Davis is getting LTE. When you compare AT&T to Sprint the biggest difference is that AT&T has LTE in central California and well... Sprint doesn't (yet :D ); but with that said Sprint keeps telling me that I'm not seeing nationwide improvement because they're turning LTE on everywhere at the same time. Whatever that means. I'm running Plain Jane mack's rom so I'm not sure if that's hurting the signal. 

My Note 2 has a 2000 PRL also. I've read that across the nation people are complaining about this PRL. I'm rooted, so I could switch, but I've seen a difference really when switching. (Except in Chilis in Rancho)

I also read this from someone that knows about these things, "PRLs have no affect on LTE speeds. The only time a PRL will affect LTE speeds is if you write one that has no enabler record for your area and that will prevent your phone from connecting to LTE. So in layman's terms all there is an on/off switch in the PRL for LTE, nothing more."

My Note 2 has a 2000 PRL also. I've read that across the nation people are complaining about this PRL. I'm rooted, so I could switch, but I've seen a difference really when switching. (Except in Chilis in Rancho)

I also read this from someone that knows about these things, "PRLs have no affect on LTE speeds. The only time a PRL will affect LTE speeds is if you write one that has no enabler record for your area and that will prevent your phone from connecting to LTE. So in layman's terms all there is an on/off switch in the PRL for LTE, nothing more."

I have the S4 and my prl is 55015. It was that on my S3 too.

I have the S4 and my prl is 55015. It was that on my S3 too.

Does anyone with a Note 2 still have PRL 2000? After this update it has been a bitch to call or text, and I quite literally cannot use my phone outside my house anymore. As pissed as I am with Sprint, I have a feeling that August will be the time Sacramento and Davis is getting LTE. When you compare AT&T to Sprint the biggest difference is that AT&T has LTE in central California and well... Sprint doesn't (yet :D ); but with that said Sprint keeps telling me that I'm not seeing nationwide improvement because they're turning LTE on everywhere at the same time. Whatever that means. I'm running Plain Jane mack's rom so I'm not sure if that's hurting the signal. 

The 2000 PRL is for Worldphones with LTE and they removed 800SMR scanning from them.  Shouldn't make a difference, but I would suggest getting 56xxx if you are rooted

4G from my backyard for the first time! In Rancho near Kilgore and International. Only 3 megs down, but progress!

Can't wait to get back home to see if I get 4g! Maybe Rancho will be up and running by Monday night. Loving the 4g in San Diego at the moment.

Is it possible that Sprint will use equipment that will use the Clearwire and iDen LTE frequencies along with the 1900 MHz In areas that have not yet received LTE, such as Sacramento and Elk Grove?

I got good lte sierra college and Douglas new tower activated??

Definitely looks like a new tower is online.

Is it possible that Sprint will use equipment that will use the Clearwire and iDen LTE frequencies along with the 1900 MHz In areas that have not yet received LTE, such as Sacramento and Elk Grove?

?

Network Vision 1.0 equipment are configured to utilize CDMA 800 1x, LTE 800, PCS EVDO 3g, & PCS 1x upon installation. Clearwire TD-LTE will require additional antennas & RRU to utilize the 2500/2600mhz spectrum. 

Definitely looks like a new tower is online.

?

Network Vision 1.0 equipment are configured to utilize CDMA 800 1x, LTE 800, PCS EVDO 3g, & PCS 1x upon installation. Clearwire TD-LTE will require additional antennas & RRU to utilize the 2500/2600mhz spectrum.

Is it possible that sprint will add the additional hardware to utilize the 2500/2600 MHz spectrum or will that come at a later time?

Is it possible that sprint will add the additional hardware to utilize the 2500/2600 MHz spectrum or will that come at a later time?

They will add the TD-LTE equipment at a later time. It won't be something to think about for at least 3-5 months.

These towers are off West Oaks at the softball complex by Blue Oaks and Sunset. The first 3 are of one tower and the last two are the other tower.   N/A

uploadfromtaptalk1374354768583.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374354781007.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374354791693.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374354802215.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1374354814704.jpg

• Like 1

These towers are off West Oaks at the softball complex by Blue Oaks and Sunset. The first 3 are of one tower and the last two are the other tower. Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Samsung Network Vision equipment on there. 

• Like 1

Samsung Network Vision equipment on there.

Awesome this is the tower my brother said they were working on last week. Are those both Sprint towers?