evo 4g lte OR galexy s3

Ericskyline

need your input as to which of these phones will act better as a phone to make and receive calls, and which one of them has a better radio for 3g and lte data. thanks
based on lte alone I feel most here would recommend avoiding the evo lte.

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

based on lte alone I feel most here would recommend avoiding the evo lte.

Sent from my Dark Jelly Belly using Tapatalk 2

I 2nd this quote lol. In all seriousness lte is acting funny on the EVO lte. So yes avoid it unless you want the phone to struggle to pick up lte automatically.

I would not get the EVO if you plan on using LTE a lot during your contract period. Not until the fix the connectivity issues.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

0404-HTC_full_600.jpg

Oh my lovely evo, yes you have lte connectivity issues, I accept that now but everything else about you is so incredible. Everyone may not love you or they did love you but given up on you for your one little fault but don't worry I am here to stay, I won't cheat on you with a gs3 or a note 2.

• Like 6

0404-HTC_full_600.jpg

Oh my lovely evo, yes you have lte connectivity issues, I accept that now but everything else about you is so incredible. Everyone may not love you or they did love you but given up on you for your one little fault but don't worry I am here to stay, I won't cheat on you with a gs3 or a note 2.

That's touching. I do miss my Evo at times. That screen is amazing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Oh my lovely evo' date=' yes you have lte connectivity issues, I accept that now but everything else about you is so incredible. Everyone may not love you or they did love you but given up on you for your one little fault but don't worry I am here to stay, I won't cheat on you with a gs3 or a note 2.[/quote']

You say that, but I heard someone see you at the Sprint store kissing a Note 2. But your secret is safe with me. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 4

You say that, but I heard someone see you at the Sprint store kissing a Note 2. But your secret is safe with me. ;)

It was just a phase I was going through, I was "note-curious", LOL.

• Like 4

It was just a phase I was going through' date=' I was "note-curious", LOL.[/quote']

:rofl:

• Like 1

would you still say it even in comparison to the new lg optimus g that is coming in a week?

The Optimus G seems gimmicky and destined to fail in my opinion. I could be wrong, but it seems like LG was merely going for shock factor with the stat sheet on the Optimus G. Then again, the last phone I can recall that upped the ante this much was the OG Evo. That was AFTER they made the nexus one though.

The Optimus G seems gimmicky and destined to fail in my opinion. I could be wrong' date=' but it seems like LG was merely going for shock factor with the stat sheet on the Optimus G. Then again, the last phone I can recall that upped the ante this much was the OG Evo. That was AFTER they made the nexus one though.[/quote']

I do like the LG ICS version on the Viper. Its one of my favorite OEM overlays. That and Moto Blur. I would like to try it on a premium device.

would you still say it even in comparison to the new lg optimus g that is coming in a week?

Personally I am still very much weary of anything lg. Hardware wise, they release great phones but once they are released then thats it, they send them on their way never to support them ever again. I am shocked that the viper even got ics, even though it should have been released with it in the first place, but hopefully they can turn things around with the optimus g being that its basically the same phone as the nexus 4. Only time will tell but as of right now, I still won't get an lg device regardless of whatever beast specs it may have.

I heard someone saw you at Captain D's eating a shimp platter. Colonel Sanders is rolling over in his grave right now from the sheer magnitude of your betrayal.

• Like 1

I heard someone saw you at Captain D's eating a shimp platter. Colonel Sanders is rolling over in his grave right now from the sheer magnitude of your betrayal.

Not to mention, Long John Silver is rattling his anchor in Davy Jones' Locker.

AJ

I do like the LG ICS version on the Viper. Its one of my favorite OEM overlays. That and Moto Blur. I would like to try it on a premium device.

Interesting, although you know my thoughts on OEM overlays... fits of rage

• Like 1

in your opinions, which would have better radio for calls and lte, gs3 or the optimus g? also, will the optimus g support simulatous voice/data on lte and 3g?

i dont know but right now the GS3 at best buy comes with $100 gift card.