Help ID these panels please

Long story short I found tower guys working around the corner from my house today. This company is doing some of the work for the Sprint deployment and the site they were at is on the list. A permit was pulled to replace panels and ground equip but because AT&T has been doing so much work in this area I'm asking for your help..

This first site is the one I believe they are doing the work on based on where they had the block set up and you can see that in the background, I didn't take any pics of the site above the block because that likely isn't where they they will be working..

IMG_7992.jpg

And the last site is this one and like the first one fits more of what I am used to when seeing a Sprint site.

IMG_7995.jpg

• Like 1

I honestly thought the 2nd pic looked more like Sprints panels based on a tower near my job where the only site there is Sprint. Thanks Digi, I have been meaning to ask you is that BTLS as your avatar?

I honestly thought the 2nd pic looked more like Sprints panels based on a tower near my job where the only site there is Sprint. Thanks Digi, I have been meaning to ask you is that BTLS as your avatar?

Sprint has used many different panels in the various markets though as different affiliates have built them.

And yes, it is. Listened to them for years and still do just always liked the avatar.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

We may have a winner!
We will see its too bad I work so early cause I won't see the panels until late today but I will bring my camera with me so at least I will be able to get a pic of what they put up..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

We will see its too bad I work so early cause I won't see the panels until late today but I will bring my camera with me so at least I will be able to get a pic of what they put up..

Hey we've been waiting weeks to actually see something... I can wait patiently until you have the opportunity to snap and upload that picture lol. I think you got a very nice find here. Good job!

Long story short I found tower guys working around the corner from my house today. This company is doing some of the work for the Sprint deployment and the site they were at is on the list. A permit was pulled to replace panels and ground equip but because AT&T has been doing so much work in this area I'm asking for your help..

This first site is the one I believe they are doing the work on based on where they had the block set up and you can see that in the background, I didn't take any pics of the site above the block because that likely isn't where they they will be working..

And the last site is this one and like the first one fits more of what I am used to when seeing a Sprint site.

The first picture is likely the Sprint panels. The second picture is definitely not Sprint.

Thanks guys. The tower by my job has panels that look like those in the first pic and I know that is a Sprint site. I can't wait to get home because the panels are probably up by now. Looks like they were just rigging the tower to get it ready for work today. Which means they were likely somewhere else finishing up before I saw them hopefully doing Sprint work ..HMMM sweet sweet LTE is almost mine

So I drove by this site again hoping to see new panels, but I didn't. I almost just drove by but when I looked I didnt see that the tower was rigged anymore. That didn't make sense so I stopped and found that the winch line was gone. Thats didn't make sense either to spend 45 min rigging the tower to come back today to take it down. So what I did find was this. Took a min to actually SEE it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Franchised1/IMG_8049.jpg[/img]"]http://IMG_8049.jpg

It looks like they have run the lines to the antenna they are going to install, but I'm assuming they don't have the panels yet. Still not sure this is a Sprint site though unfortunately

So I drove by this site again hoping to see new panels, but I didn't. I almost just drove by but when I looked I didnt see that the tower was rigged anymore. That didn't make sense so I stopped and found that the winch line was gone. Thats didn't make sense either to spend 45 min rigging the tower to come back today to take it down. So what I did find was this. Took a min to actually SEE it.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Franchised1/IMG_8049.jpg[/img]"]http://IMG_8049.jpg

It looks like they have run the lines to the antenna they are going to install, but I'm assuming they don't have the panels yet. Still not sure this is a Sprint site though unfortunately

Walk up to it and check for a emergency number or a name. There's usually a sign saying "in case of emergency, call Sprint PCS at x-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

http://IMG_8049.jpg

Give the location that those wires are running to, and that they appear to be for one panel, I would say that this is a Sprint site.

Walk up to it and check for a emergency number or a name. There's usually a sign saying "in case of emergency, call Sprint PCS at x-xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Not always true. I rarely see those and only see the tower owners sign.

Not always true. I rarely see those and only see the tower owners sign.

Almost every tower I've seen has an identifier. All of VZWs have huge signs with "Verizon Wireless" written on them. At my home tower (for Sprint and TMobile), everything was very clearly marked. There was the sign I mentioned above for Sprint on the building where I believe Sprint equipment is housed, and T-Mobile written in Sharpie on some equipment. This used to be a Nextel tower too, but I think it's been decommissioned. This tower is owned by Baltimore Gas and Electric.

• Like 1

Almost every tower I've seen has an identifier. All of VZWs have huge signs with "Verizon Wireless" written on them. At my home tower (for Sprint and TMobile)' date=' everything was very clearly marked. There was the sign I mentioned above for Sprint on the building where I believe Sprint equipment is housed, and T-Mobile written in Sharpie on some equipment. This used to be a Nextel tower too, but I think it's been decommissioned. This tower is owned by Baltimore Gas and Electric.[/quote']

Some VZW towers are still marked Western Wireless out here in the west. My local Sprint tower is owned by Crown Castle, and the Sprint equipment isn't marked that I could see. Too bad there is a house next door, otherwise I would have looked around.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Forum Runner

Well I know Sprint is there, it's just which of the sites that share the tower is Sprints.. The one near my job is easy because it's only Sprint, but when I compare those panels to these they are definitely different. Doesn't mean they aren't Sprint though.

Some VZW towers are still marked Western Wireless out here in the west. My local Sprint tower is owned by Crown Castle, and the Sprint equipment isn't marked that I could see. Too bad there is a house next door, otherwise I would have looked around.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE LS840 using Forum Runner

These were taken with my crappy 3GS camera in April-

n1ZTZl.jpg

zY5oFl.jpg

Ours do too.. But in most cases here at least it will be part of a 6 gang meter base so you know who is there but not where on the tower. Nextel panels I can usually ID because I damn near climbed, installed, or tested every site I come across in my drive during the day. I wish I had paid more attention or cared then like I do now about mobile phones. Even back then I had Sprint but data back in late 90s wasn't something that was big, people mostly wanted to be able to make calls. That's all I care about.

No doubting but how do you know it is a Sprint Tower? Looks all At&t

I don't have many Sprint sites around so they are very easy to find. Bigzeto and I had the entire city mapped out before this site started. You can also see their panels on this tower.

But the network update site and Roberts info double confirms it as well.

I don't have many Sprint sites around so they are very easy to find. Bigzeto and I had the entire city mapped out before this site started. You can also see their panels on this tower.

But the network update site and Roberts info double confirms it as well.

I see, cool. Well, from my experience. You don't always get the info on the gate. I normally havr to seek a power breaker with a label.