Why are people so impatient with Sprint?

MacinJosh

I think that this is the corporatist GOP rationale. Most people are ill informed. And it may be largely true, almost enough so to convince me to vote Republican. But I also know sufficient history and economics to understand that this approach is not sustainable.

AJ

"I think that this is the corporatist GOP rationale. Most people are ill informed. And it may be largely true, almost enough so to convince me to vote Republican. But I also know sufficient history and economics to understand that this

approach is not sustainable."

Asymmetric information is not a problem for most markets, including the wireless market. Most people are ill informed by choice. Think about it, are you an expert on everything you buy? Well every company out there is much more knowledgable than the average consumer they serve on the products they offer. So, almost every market has asymmetric information and that is where reputation comes in. Reputation is a quick (imperfect, but you could have complete information available and still make the wrong choice) and relatively cheap way for consumers to gain enough information to act as if information was symmetric. I don't know anything about cars per say but I know Honda and Toyota have a reputation as reliable and economy, Lexus for style and luxury ect.... So I am able to participate in that market reasonably well. More over I choose to be relatively ignorant about cars as I am not that interested in them beyond the use from getting from point a to point be and that is the way a all people are about most products they consume, wireless is no different.

AJ

je

The reason is relatively simple. No wireless carrier guarantees indoor coverage -- unless DAS has been set up to address indoor coverage/capacity within a specific building.

Otherwise, because of metallic construction, Low-E glass, high rises, basements, etc., it is nary impossible for a wireless carrier to project and ensure indoor coverage. Any indoor coverage -- short of the aforementioned DAS -- is largely a happy accident, not an intentional result. And it does not matter if you are smack dab in the heart of Silicon Valley or in the middle of the Mojave Desert.

Now, if you are inside your own office, you should have other connectivity options besides cellular. If you absolutely need cellular, then you should find a carrier that -- by happy accident -- just so happens to provide coverage in your office

AJ

LOL.. seriously... but that "happy accident" is always subject to change if and most likely when, a large carrier gobbles up the working network and/or spectrum and shuts down the supported frequencies (VZ or ATT style)

Not to be biased but I think its gonna be Chicago also and PR right behind

Purerto Rico's build out looks impressive.

Makes makes me want to take a winter escape vacation down there and do some speed tests, mapping as well as taste testing all of the locally made rum.

• Like 2

Purerto Rico's build out looks impressive.

Makes makes me want to take a winter escape vacation down there and do some speed tests, mapping as well as taste testing all of the locally made rum.

Don Q or Bacardi with Sprint LTE. Perfect combination. Waiting for you here.:)

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

• Like 1

I have been on Sprint since December 6th, 1996. I plan on going nowhere and I'm patient enough to wait out any changes to the network. Started out with a Ericsson on Sprint Spectrum then was switched to PCS, and received a Sanyo 4700,4900,7500, then went to the Nextel side for a while with the 300 series and the 670, then the IC402 and the i8350, then came back to PCS with the Palm Centro, then the Instinct, and the Palm Pre, then the EVO 4g and the 9930 and the the EVO 4G LTE, up to my latest with the Galaxy S3. Have been on AT&T, and VZW, and TMobile for work and a Nokia N97 that I won, but I have always stayed with Sprint.

• Like 2

I've been with Sprint since circa 1998 when they were a 2 tower operation in Providence. What got me to join them was there was no roaming as long as you were on their network. I used to think it was robbery to be on your carrier but be outside of your home area (even a State away) and pay roaming plus long distance.

I thought my single band Denso Touchpoint was cutting edge coming from what seemed to be a 2lb (due to the extended battery) Motorola analog flip phone. Let alone the "transportable" I had before that.

Patience can wear thin but I really like the path that Sprint is on right now. I think Hesse & Co. have done a tremendous job considering what was inherited from the Foresee days.

Sure, I want it done yesterday like most of us but I can remember being in many places that had no service at all and that's not the case any longer. Another good thing that came out of the failed Nextel merger besides 800Mhz was the co location of antennas. Coverage where I need it is on par with the Big 2. I certainly can wait a bit more for a brand new network.

• Like 4

I regrettably spent a little time over at the sprint community forum this weekend end. Its ridiculous how pissed off and impatient some people are over there. It is almost depressing. Then you try and tell them so just calm down and be patient because lte is coming. Try explaining that Verizon's lte network(which they like to compare sprints to all the time) did not just appear over night. Its like they dont even read what you posted and they come at you like they are a mother bear and you just stole there newborn cub. Needless to say I gave up on those people. I knew better than to go back over there, but I did it anyway.

• Like 5

I regrettably spent a little time over at the sprint community forum this weekend end. Its ridiculous how pissed off and impatient some people are over there. It is almost depressing.

Probably just a bit of human nature in there. AT&T and Verizon are well ahead no doubt even T-Mobile has decent network speeds if your lucky to be in their coverage area. It's just nobody likes to be last.

It's the same on other forums as well and no bigger complainers than those on Virgin Mobile prepaid whining about slow data speeds on their 25.00 a month plan. Ironically, those who tether while circumventing the tethering fees are the loudest.

• Like 2

I regrettably spent a little time over at the sprint community forum this weekend end. Its ridiculous how pissed off and impatient some people are over there. It is almost depressing. Then you try and tell them so just calm down and be patient because lte is coming. Try explaining that Verizon's lte network(which they like to compare sprints to all the time) did not just appear over night. Its like they dont even read what you posted and they come at you like they are a mother bear and you just stole there newborn cub. Needless to say I gave up on those people. I knew better than to go back over there, but I did it anyway.

Welcome to my day job.

• Like 2