Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Ahh, so the center is for 800. I'll have to look at the other towers and see if they are all the same. I was thinking maybe it was a separate element for the antenna. Either way at least I think all the towers have been upgraded with new equipment in cruces, just need the fiber and someone to find an on switch

• Like 1

Ahh, so the center is for 800. I'll have to look at the other towers and see if they are all the same. I was thinking maybe it was a separate element for the antenna. Either way at least I think all the towers have been upgraded with new equipment in cruces, just need the fiber and someone to find an on switch

If you become a sponsor, there is a map that shows all the towers in the country and you will find that Ericsson has had only about 50% of the towers in LC accepted by Sprint.  Worthwhile.  

Also, there is plenty of discussion around here about the IBEZ (which is where you are located) and why there will not be 800 voice and LTE for a while.  Due to the IBEZ, i believe Sprint will be deploying 800 voice and LTE at or around TorC and North in NM.

Just noticed the upgraded equipment near Walmart off walnut and Walton in cruces. They only have 4/6 plugs connected so not sure why the 2 center plugs wouldn't have connectors or be connected. Didn't have sub 100 ms pings and data was low and hard to get but that is essentially a very busy tower.

On a separate note, http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/13/tmobile-lte-expansion/

This might be the reason tmobile is installing fiber.

Tmoble will have LTE here in Alamogordo shortly. Good new is that Sprint is on the same tower. So they have fiber now. Just need to get the AAV equipment in.

My sponsor status just ended, so I was one. But I didn't see anything about ibez before then. Then again I didn't look in the other forums too much. Once Phoenix and Tucson got LTE the sponsor thread went dead...

My sponsor status just ended, so I was one. But I didn't see anything about ibez before then. Then again I didn't look in the other forums too much. Once Phoenix and Tucson got LTE the sponsor thread went dead...

Most of what he is referring to is in the Premier Sponsor section.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I don't know why IBEZ would really make a difference in when lc gets 4g. If this was the case then El Paso would be in the same boat seeing at how it's 4g crosses the border. If it's just an issue with 800 then I could live without it, as we have been doing anyways.

Just seems like people are making excuses for why sprint isn't integrating and updating their network in our state or in places where CL is the main network service provider. Either way, I've been with sprint since 2000 and this is just business as usual. They could care less.

I don't know why IBEZ would really make a difference in when lc gets 4g. If this was the case then El Paso would be in the same boat seeing at how it's 4g crosses the border. If it's just an issue with 800 then I could live without it, as we have been doing anyways.

Just seems like people are making excuses for why sprint isn't integrating and updating their network in our state or in places where CL is the main network service provider. Either way, I've been with sprint since 2000 and this is just business as usual. They could care less.

The IBEZ has no impact on LTE 1900.  However, Sprint does hate you.

Robert

• Like 3

The only reason I brought up IBEZ was the discussion about 800 ports on the antennas why those were open in LC. Anyways, sprint hate us in Albuquerque as well.

I was able to get out of my contract with sprint bc of all of the problems. When they are done, I plan on coming back.

The only reason I brought up IBEZ was the discussion about 800 ports on the antennas why those were open in LC. Anyways, sprint hate us in Albuquerque as well.

I was able to get out of my contract with sprint bc of all of the problems. When they are done, I plan on coming back.

Did you hop over to T-Mobile?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I'm currently on Verizon and I'm going to move to Sprint when the S5 comes out.  AT&T doesn't exist where I live and T-Mobile has spotty 2G coverage.  I'm tired of Verizon's over priced service and other things.  I hope Sprint does LTE right with fiber connections.  Verizon's microwave tech for LTE in Northern NM is not going too well, for me anyway.  3G is faster and there is no way for me to force 3G on my S3.  This is a speed test from the other day in Los Alamos.

n2cojm.png

I'm currently on Verizon and I'm going to move to Sprint when the S5 comes out.  AT&T doesn't exist where I live and T-Mobile has spotty 2G coverage.  I'm tired of Verizon's over priced service and other things.  I hope Sprint does LTE right with fiber connections.  Verizon's microwave tech for LTE in Northern NM is not going too well, for me anyway.  3G is faster and there is no way for me to force 3G on my S3.  This is a speed test from the other day in Los Alamos.

I worked in Los Alamos for four years until last Fall.  The Sprint 3G network works very well in Los Alamos.  You'll get 1.5-2.5Mbps at most sites there on Sprint 3G.  Very few Sprint customers in LA.  The North Mesa Water Tower and the Knights of Columbus sites are especially fast.  The Medical Center roof and White Rock sites are good too, but rarely get over 1.5Mbps.  The KoC site will likely be the first one with LTE.

Sprint 3G is hit or miss in Santa Fe and ABQ, though, as far as speeds.  Those places really need Sprint LTE.  And it likely will not be out for a few more months.  Thankfully CenturyLink is finally moving on fiber connections in New Mexico.

Were you will notice the difference on Sprint will be on voice through Otowi Canyon and San Illdefonso.  Reliable voice/data service ends at the edge of the mesa, and does not really restablish until Pojoaque High School.  Some devices are better than others through that dead zone, though.

Robert

• Like 1

I worked in Los Alamos for four years until last Fall. The Sprint 3G network works very well in Los Alamos. You'll get 1.5-2.5Mbps at most sites there on Sprint 3G. Very few Sprint customers in LA. The North Mesa Water Tower and the Knights of Columbus sites are especially fast. The Medical Center roof and White Rock sites are good too, but rarely get over 1.5Mbps. The KoC site will likely be the first one with LTE.

Sprint 3G is hit or miss in Santa Fe and ABQ, though, as far as speeds. Those places really need Sprint LTE. And it likely will not be out for a few more months. Thankfully CenturyLink is finally moving on fiber connections in New Mexico.

Were you will notice the difference on Sprint will be on voice through Otowi Canyon and San Illdefonso. Reliable voice/data service ends at the edge of the mesa, and does not really restablish until Pojoaque High School. Some devices are better than others through that dead zone, though.

Robert

You have confirmation that century link is moving on fiber?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

You have confirmation that century link is moving on fiber?

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yes.  I had a CL fiber infrastructure deployment manager contact me recently and said that most of their wireless backhaul projects are underway now, except in places where they are lacking government approvals/easements.  This info, coupled with CL crew sightings now in South Dakota, Illinois and Southern New Mexico, there does seem to be some systemwide CL field movement to corroborate this info.

What this means specifically for Sprint in the ABQ Metro Area, I cannot say.  But any movement by CL is a good sign.

Robert

• Like 2

Yes.  I had a CL fiber infrastructure deployment manager contact me recently and said that most of their wireless backhaul projects are underway now, except in places where they are lacking government approvals/easements.  This info, coupled with CL crew sightings now in South Dakota, Illinois and Southern New Mexico, there does seem to be some systemwide CL field movement to corroborate this info.

What this means specifically for Sprint in the ABQ Metro Area, I cannot say.  But any movement by CL is a good sign.

Robert

Wow, first piece of good news on this front in a long, long...ever??....time.

• Like 1

http://imgur.com/O1EDGso

Howdy from ABQ! Longtime lurker, first time poster. So, I don't know if this is just an anomaly or not but my Sprint Galaxy S3 is currently showing a 4GLTE connection. To be more specific I'm near the Sunport, Gibson and Broadway area...

Edited by Generic248
  • Like 5

Ooooh!  Run a speed test and post an LTE Engineering screenshot if you can.  Also, please run Sensorly.  Thanks!  :fingers:

Robert

There is a streak going down Gibson on Sensorly!  There is no acceptance report, yet.  It may arrive tonight.  :tu:

Robert

http://imgur.com/yW5uyhX

I saw that streak on Gibson but I'm on the other side (west) of I-25. There's a screenshot of the speed test via Sensorly. And forgive my ignorance but what's the LTE Engineering you mentioned?

Since you posted a speed test and plotting on Sensorly, an LTE Engineering screenshot is not really important now.  Can you run a speed test using the Speedtest.net (Ookla app)?  I'd like to contrast the difference.  Thanks!  :tu:

Robert

http://imgur.com/yW5uyhX

I saw that streak on Gibson but I'm on the other side (west) of I-25. There's a screenshot of the speed test via Sensorly. And forgive my ignorance but what's the LTE Engineering you mentioned?

Note Sensorly used a server in Virginia... skews their speed tests.

Nonetheless, great to FINALLY see some LTE going live there!!

I just took a little drive up and down Broadway for giggles and it appears that Sensorly picked up most of trip and mapped it.  I’ve been waiting for some kind of Sprint 4g (even WiMax, I had a HTC Evo 4g way back when) for years and it may be naive of me but I think Sprint may finally be recognizing the ABQ market.  Yay!

Edited by Generic248
  • Like 2