Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I know for certain that it is Ericsson techs doing integrations in the ABQ market. I've ran into them before in Santa Fe, Española and Los Alamos before. They wore Ericsson polo shirts, but never drove Ericsson trucks.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

were their trucks marked with anything?

Sent from my Nexus 5

were their trucks marked with anything?

Sent from my Nexus 5

No. I believe they were personal vehicles. One was a blue pickup. One was a silver Volvo wagon. And one was a Ford Fusion.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No. I believe they were personal vehicles. One was a blue pickup. One was a silver Volvo wagon. And one was a Ford Fusion.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When they did the 3G upgrade at Wsmr, they had An Ericsson truck there for testing the signal. Not sure if they were part of integration or local to El Paso.

Ugh, got some bad news for Alamogordo. Ran into techs on site working on some alarms, talked with him for a few and he called the constructions manager. Found out that the AAV has not been scheduled for the site yet, same for the back-haul. Guess we are looking for a late 2014 for LTE.

Ugh, got some bad news for Alamogordo. Ran into techs on site working on some alarms, talked with him for a few and he called the constructions manager. Found out that the AAV has not been scheduled for the site yet, same for the back-haul. Guess we are looking for a late 2014 for LTE.

It may not be as bad as it sounds. Sprint has contracts for backhaul at all sites already. So there is a backhaul vendor assigned to that site. If you had access to the Sprint database, you would see that each site has an anticipated backhaul ready date. The backhaul vendors periodically update Sprint on their progress and those get updated in the master database. If the backhaul vendor has not provided a schedule date yet, it says N/A or TBD.

The "manager" you spoke to said what he said because in the schedule for that site it has no information. It says backhaul ready date as N/A or TBD. He is interpreting that to mean it is not even scheduled yet. And that may be true. But it is also possible that a date will pop in there only a week or a month before backhaul arrives. It also happens that backhaul is installed without a date ever being put in that field. It really comes down to the backhaul vendor.

N/A or TBD in the backhaul ready date field just really means that the backhaul vendor has not provided a date for the site. Not that work has not been scheduled for the site. They may be finishing up their plans or waiting for crews to become ready from another state before finishing up their schedules.

And one final thought. The one time I talked with a field crew manager and he showed me his schedule, it was almost 60 days old. Meaning he had not printed an updated schedule for along time and it was way out of date. It is possible also that the a site does have a scheduled date now, but did not the last time he received an updated printed copy for his sites.

I'm not trying to get your hopes up. I'm just trying to give you some more background info to give you a more complete picture.

It may not be as bad as it sounds. Sprint has contracts for backhaul at all sites already. So there is a backhaul vendor assigned to that site. If you had access to the Sprint database, you would see that each site has an anticipated backhaul ready date. The backhaul vendors periodically update Sprint on their progress and those get updated in the master database. If the backhaul vendor has not provided a schedule date yet, it says N/A or TBD.

The "manager" you spoke to said what he said because in the schedule for that site it has no information. It says backhaul ready date as N/A or TBD. He is interpreting that to mean it is not even scheduled yet. And that may be true. But it is also possible that a date will pop in there only a week or a month before backhaul arrives. It also happens that backhaul is installed without a date ever being put in that field. It really comes down to the backhaul vendor.

N/A or TBD in the backhaul ready date field just really means that the backhaul vendor has not provided a date for the site. Not that work has not been scheduled for the site. They may be finishing up their plans or waiting for crews to become ready from another state before finishing up their schedules.

And one final thought. The one time I talked with a field crew manager and he showed me his schedule, it was almost 60 days old. Meaning he had not printed an updated schedule for along time and it was way out of date. It is possible also that the a site does have a scheduled date now, but did not the last time he received an updated printed copy for his sites.

I'm not trying to get your hopes up. I'm just trying to give you some more background info to give you a more complete picture.

You know he was talking about alarms with dates of November 2013. So I know the tech was working off old items. Not sure what the field manager was looking at. What does the AAV look like. At least when I see that I. I know they will be getting closer. Also hoping that once Albq. Gets lit up the rest of the state will fall in quick. I was figuring that Roswell and Hobbs would come online soon after Clovis since they are platou wireless also. That does not seem to be the case. Just kind of bummed that we are the land of mañana. Not blaming sprint just wish they had a bigger fire to lite under some *****.

• Like 1

Visited a site off of Coors & Paseo on the westside next to the All Saints Lutheran Preschool, there was two trucks (IWC was on them) not sure what that stands for, but I got a few pictures, couldn't see any cabinets as that was inside the wall area. Does it look like it has new panels?

IMG_20140116_121543.jpg

IMG_20140116_121504.jpg

Visited a site off of Coors & Paseo on the westside next to the All Saints Lutheran Preschool, there was two trucks (IWC was on them) not sure what that stands for, but I got a few pictures, couldn't see any cabinets as that was inside the wall area. Does it look like it has new panels?

attachicon.gifIMG_20140116_121543.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140116_121504.jpg

The bottom is a classic AT&T looking site.  I don't think I see Sprint stuff at all.  If memory serves, the Sprint site here is inside the three sided cross structure.

Robert

attachicon.gifIMG_20140116_121543.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20140116_121504.jpg

Actually, in looking at Google maps, the Sprint site is located on a wooden power pole along the eastbound Paseo off ramp going down to Coors.  It's pretty close to the marker on our maps.

Robert

Oh your right! I never knew that! They really did blend that in, and that explains why I never get service there because they are pointing in the wrong direction.

It looks like they just point up and down Paseo.  You probably wouldn't pick it up on Coors unless you are stopped at the light there north bound.

Robert

All these years, I've been like what's going on, why can't this big tower give me signal and now I know why. Pretty bad area I live in. :/

I've learned then even though I have amazing service throughout all of the heights, my neighborhood at Encantado and Tramway is the worst. Barely get 0.05 down and ping of 1000.

CJ

Sent from my iPhone 5

Hello fellow New Mexicans! I'm a long term lurker, but I was wondering if there is any information on Lea County/Hobbs? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I'm assuming 2015 is a good bet knowing Sprint. If I remember correctly, we didn't get 3G until 2010 and then that tanked haha.

Also, anyone have Sprint in Cedar Crest/Sandia Park? It's possible that I will move there in a year and I was curious if you have reasonable service there. Please send me a PM. Thanks!

Hello fellow New Mexicans! I'm a long term lurker, but I was wondering if there is any information on Lea County/Hobbs? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere, but I'm assuming 2015 is a good bet knowing Sprint. If I remember correctly, we didn't get 3G until 2010 and then that tanked haha.

Also, anyone have Sprint in Cedar Crest/Sandia Park? It's possible that I will move there in a year and I was curious if you have reasonable service there. Please send me a PM. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest you become a sponsor and gain access to a wealth of information. As for lte where you are, I am optimistic that you will have it by the end 2014. Especially if the backhaul provider for the sites is not centurylink.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums. I would suggest you become a sponsor and gain access to a wealth of information. As for lte where you are, I am optimistic that you will have it by the end 2014. Especially if the backhaul provider for the sites is not centurylink.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Edit: never mind. I located the forum post. Sorry to be a bother!

Thank you! Do you happen to know where I would become a sponsor? I attempted to locate it, but I didn't see it readily accessible under any of the top links.

Edited by Linkyer

Edit: never mind. I located the forum post. Sorry to be a bother!

Thank you! Do you happen to know where I would become a sponsor? I attempted to locate it, but I didn't see it readily accessible under any of the top links.

click on my signature link it'll take you there
  • Like 1