Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I'm Jewish. Just kidding. My parents are. So I have had quite a holiday already. Happy holidays, merry Christmas and new year to all.

Oy vey!

Robert

And when I think of the expression "oy vey", I cannot help but think of this spoof from Weird Al Yankovich:

My speeds have withered down to a crawling 56kbps, I was getting well over 600 prior to this last week. Its been all bad!!!

I had this in central kansas after the site that served my parents house was upgraded. It took a long while for speeds to come back up, but when they did, it was awesome. 

Looking like they may have fixed the problems here in Alamogordo. Been getting 1 to 2Mbps download off peek. Pings are under 200. So if peek speed are above 400, and no data connection problems things will be good until LTE

Does anyone have an info on how many towers have been completed?

It is shown in the Sponsor section.  Maps showing all Sprint sites, which ones have been upgraded with what, etc.  And lots of wonderful other things shown in the Sponsor area of the site.  For more info about how to become a S4GRU Sponsor, please visit this link:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 1

I had to run to work real quick to grab something and looked out the window.  People were on the top of the UBS bank building (Louisiana and Indian School). I got a picture of one of the new antennas and RRUs.  So pumped it will be out my window. I pray that they are off tomorrow. No one needs to work on Christmas.

• Like 1

All over the heights I'm getting speeds of 0/0 and a Ping of -1. No data, yet perfect SMS and not a single dropped call. Hoping this can all hurry up as everyone of my friends have all jumped ship to show off their LTE.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im starting to re-think whether I should stay with Sprint or leave. Edited by Nm45chavez

Good evening everybody well got some good news I was at these places today and these are the results I got for speed tests, Montgomery Wyoming area has speeds up to 2.28 and up speeds as much as 0.67 and also my apartment has went up to 1.67 MBPS down from the tower on Carlise n Candaleria. So if I were you I would stay with sprint and don't complain so much! Lol verizon customers went through the same thing and AT&T I assume are doing tower upgrades in rio rancho n parts of abq a buddy who uses AT&T told me service has gone sooo poor in abq n verizon is starting to join the family too.

Good evening everybody well got some good news I was at these places today and these are the results I got for speed tests, Montgomery Wyoming area has speeds up to 2.28 and up speeds as much as 0.67 and also my apartment has went up to 1.67 MBPS down from the tower on Carlise n Candaleria. So if I were you I would stay with sprint and don't complain so much! Lol verizon customers went through the same thing and AT&T I assume are doing tower upgrades in rio rancho n parts of abq a buddy who uses AT&T told me service has gone sooo poor in abq n verizon is starting to join the family too.

What were you ping times for those tests?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just talked with sprint and they gave me some good details! If no bad weather happens then they have a projected completion date for ABQ only which is early march, but they are a bit ahead of schedule so between mid January and March we can start seeing LTE. Most towers are being re calibrated and tested. So soon folks soon!

• Like 1

If these recent 3G tests were indeed on new backhaul, then the only thing to fire up those sites with LTE is for an LTE integration team to get back to the market. This is the most positive news I've heard out of New Mexico in a long time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

If these recent 3G tests were indeed on new backhaul, then the only thing to fire up those sites with LTE is for an LTE integration team to get back to the market. This is the most positive news I've heard out of New Mexico in a long time.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I have to agree. It was a tough Christmas break and a few weeks before.