Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I am continuing to be patient. I work around the Coronado mall. They have not upgraded the towers over here. Right now, my phone is not usable all day. Holidayz!

And to think there is a corporate Sprint store right there. Must be a hard place to sell a phone these days!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

My wife told me about two hours ago that her cell reception was terrible at the Costco on Renaissance, where she works. Unusually poor. I soon noticed that my phone (at San Mateo and Menaul) has been going in and out of service steadily for a couple of hours now too.  The LAST time this happened (this past summer) there was an improvement in both data and call signal soon afterwards. I assume this is evidence of some sort of upgrade going on at the moment.

I have little faith that it is any indication that LTE is any more eminent than it was yesterday, though, as it seems to only affect voice and text but not internet data.

Any thoughts?

My wife told me about two hours ago that her cell reception was terrible at the Costco on Renaissance, where she works. Unusually poor. I soon noticed that my phone (at San Mateo and Menaul) has been going in and out of service steadily for a couple of hours now too. The LAST time this happened (this past summer) there was an improvement in both data and call signal soon afterwards. I assume this is evidence of some sort of upgrade going on at the moment.

I have little faith that it is any indication that LTE is any more eminent than it was yesterday, though, as it seems to only affect voice and text but not internet data.

Any thoughts?

I had noticed an increase in having no data. This can only be a good sign. We have been getting 3g acceptances all over town, hopefully they are staying to start accepting lte sites soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Weird. My phone is going from 5 bars to 0 bars, instantly, at a steady pace. If I turn on roaming, it roams. If not, it just keeps cycling on, of, on off.  All while not interrupting internet data speed. I just did a speed test while watching the bars come and go like this and got 1.1Mbps.

Weird. My phone is going from 5 bars to 0 bars, instantly, at a steady pace. If I turn on roaming, it roams. If not, it just keeps cycling on, of, on off. All while not interrupting internet data speed. I just did a speed test while watching the bars come and go like this and got 1.1Mbps.

Same thing here. I was quickly changing from Sprint 1x to 3G. Nothing would go through. (Calls, data, SMS). When it decided to roam, everything would then come through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same thing here. I was quickly changing from Sprint 1x to 3G. Nothing would go through. (Calls, data, SMS). When it decided to roam, everything would then come through.

I was also flip flopping between 1x, 3g, and no service today.

I was also flip flopping between 1x, 3g, and no service today.

Yeah. When I complained to Sprint to get some kind of credit, the rep told me there are many many many upgrades coming within the next two months related to NV. One rep told me that LTE should be available at my house by 12/17th. So maybe that was part of the upgrade, yet it hasn't officially been turned on.

Yeah. When I complained to Sprint to get some kind of credit, the rep told me there are many many many upgrades coming within the next two months related to NV. One rep told me that LTE should be available at my house by 12/17th. So maybe that was part of the upgrade, yet it hasn't officially been turned on.

You should always take what a rep says with a grain of salt, which you might be doing, but that timing could be close. It really does seem that after all the activity we have seen we should start seeing some lte. Not to mention the century link guy Robert ran into in Santa Fe a while ago that said work was definitely being done.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sqvavxvh39vfpel/Photo%20Dec%2019%2C%207%2046%2045%20AM.png

Something is going on.  I noticed this morning I was getting my emails in my phone already which was not the case yesterday.  Here is the speed test this morning. I wonder what was happening yesterday.

I am continuing to be patient.  I work around the Coronado mall. They have not upgraded the towers over here. Right now, my phone is not usable all day. Holidayz!

It looks like the tower there is undergoing Network Vision enhancements. ETR is 12/22/2013

Phone is doing the same thing today in the same place. It seemed fine at my house (Wyoming/ Candelaria) all yesterday evening and this morning. But now back here at my shop (SanMateo/Menaul) ....it is doing the same thing as yesterday. I can't even dependably make a phone call. Up until yesterday, I never had a bad signal here at my shop.

Someone please tell me this is a harbor of good things coming soon?????????????

Christmas surprise????????

Phone is doing the same thing today in the same place. It seemed fine at my house (Wyoming/ Candelaria) all yesterday evening and this morning. But now back here at my shop (SanMateo/Menaul) ....it is doing the same thing as yesterday. I can't even dependably make a phone call. Up until yesterday, I never had a bad signal here at my shop.

Someone please tell me this is a harbor of good things coming soon?????????????

Christmas surprise????????

I can't say too much about what they are cooking up, but if you become a sponsor you can at least see where the towers that have been accepted with no hardware are around town.

Shotty service, reception going in and out... Sounds like business as usual to me. Today is the 17th and no LTE? Let me count the hands for people who were expecting to have LTE today???

I'm moving to San Jose area in February, so they at least have LTE there. Was getting 24mbps download speeds when I was there in early december

Shotty service, reception going in and out... Sounds like business as usual to me. Today is the 17th and no LTE? Let me count the hands for people who were expecting to have LTE today???

I'm moving to San Jose area in February, so they at least have LTE there. Was getting 24mbps download speeds when I was there in early december

I believe today is the 19th ;)

Service is really bad at the airport. I always get a full service and date,but its been at least a bar or two outside and a lot of no data connection. Also see it on coors and Eagle Rance.

Service is really bad at the airport. I always get a full service and date,but its been at least a bar or two outside and a lot of no data connection. Also see it on coors and Eagle Rance.

It is real bad down here in Alamogordo, I was in Hobbs last week and the same thing. Very poor data connection and Constance drop in 1x signal strength. Hope they fix it soon we had reasonable data speeds before.

Getting a late breakfast, and my 3G was running nearly 1.9Mbps, and now completely nothing. It says full bars, Sprint 1x, but no data, calls, or SMS. same exact location.

whenever you post a speed test result include the ping time as well. If you get a pretty good 3g test and your ping is less than 100ms, you may be on a backhaul updated site.

I like throwing theories out there.  Maybe they have some sort of internal deadline to get certain work done before new years/Christmas.  

Could be any day where we see a major acceptance.

whenever you post a speed test result include the ping time as well. If you get a pretty good 3g test and your ping is less than 100ms, you may be on a backhaul updated site.

Yeah I usually do, but was in a huge rush at the time.

• Like 1