Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Anything happening in Hillsborough County? The tower near iHop had some workers today morning when i drove by it but i didn't pick up any LTE signal.

That tower's 4G is supposedly completed. I wonder if it was broadcasting LTE at some point? If not, I'd suspect that it will soon...

That tower's 4G is supposedly completed. I wonder if it was broadcasting LTE at some point? If not, I'd suspect that it will soon...

That tower by Ihop you guys are talking about is on 60 by sonics right?

It seems to look like sprint will turn on a few towers in some markets and that's it thank move to another. Just so they can say we got LTE in whatever area that has one tower or two lol.

If you're saying what I think you are, Sprint hasn't moved on to another market. The companies doing the work will continue to work until work is done in the market. They're not jumping around so that they have a couple towers here and there. That's what Verizon is doing. Sprint will get all of the towers done, it's just not going to happen all at once.

That tower by Ihop you guys are talking about is on 60 by sonics right?

I could be mistaken as to what tower XAntonio917X was describing in the original post I quoted. I was talking about the tower at Bears & I-275. The one next to the IHOP...

• Like 1

I could be mistaken as to what tower XAntonio917X was describing in the original post I quoted. I was talking about the tower at Bears & I-275. The one next to the IHOP...

Yeah that the tower I'm talking about 275 and Bearss. I talk to a Sprint rep and he told me it should be broadcasting LTE soon.

It seems to look like sprint will turn on a few towers in some markets and that's it thank move to another. Just so they can say we got LTE in whatever area that has one tower or two lol.

I can tell you from my own observations, that there seems to be almost constant work being done on towers around Tampa. I go on treks to have a look at towers every few weeks. I have personally seen techs installing panels, or doing some other work, on most of my treks. I have also discovered newly installed Panels on several towers that may not have been there earlier. Today was one of those days. Out of five towers I visited on my lunch, I saw techs installing Sprint 4G panels at one of the towers, and a tech inspecting another tower that had already been upgraded. So, i'm pretty sure work is in progress all over Tampa Bay. I'd imagine we'll start to see Sprint LTE popping up all over, hopefully very soon...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would guess that around 1/3 of the towers I've had a look around the N Tampa / S Pasco area have the new Network Vision 4G LTE panels installed. If they were to all be 'turned on', I'd bet we'd have pretty good 4G coverage...

I would guess that around 1/3 of the towers I've had a look around the N Tampa / S Pasco area have the new Network Vision 4G LTE panels installed. If they were to all be 'turned on', I'd bet we'd have pretty good 4G coverage...

Maybe all of Hillsborough will just light up at once lol.

I have looked over the whole internet and Bradenton Sarasota was on the list from Oct.I really need to know what is going to happen with LTE in 2013 here as Verizon has had LTE here for awhile now and if they dont have it here when my contract is up or at least coming soon i am going to bolt.

But i can't find anything other then the press release from OCT for Sarasota Bradenton LTE

thanks

I have looked over the whole internet and Bradenton Sarasota was on the list from Oct.I really need to know what is going to happen with LTE in 2013 here as Verizon has had LTE here for awhile now and if they dont have it here when my contract is up or at least coming soon i am going to bolt.

But i can't find anything other then the press release from OCT for Sarasota Bradenton LTE

thanks

What exactly are you asking?

Has anyone tried the 800mhz PRL in the area? I'm not near any active LTE towers so I havent tried it myself.

I haven't tried it myself, but LTE would still be 1900 only, right? I was under the impression that voice (and maybe EVDO) would be available down at 800 for now.

I haven't tried it myself, but LTE would still be 1900 only, right? I was under the impression that voice (and maybe EVDO) would be available down at 800 for now.

Just voice and text will be at 800 for now. I'm actually more excited about getting that kind of coverage than I am for LTE.

Just voice and text will be at 800 for now. I'm actually more excited about getting that kind of coverage than I am for LTE.

thats all ive ever been excited for after seeing the impact of 800 on the map vs the impact of lte cuz i have no service at my billing address/drop calls

Edited by TuX

Is there a map where we can see how far they have got? i really wish i could find out what they are doing here in Bradenton Sarasota for it.

Sponsor area has the info you seek. That info will not be posted here as it'll be against the posting rules. I will say there nothing has popped up so far but work has begun. In fact, just a bit north of you at St. Petersberg, NV is deployed rapidly. Work will begin soon in you area.