Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

link me on google maps the next closest ive been soopin round there and cant find it

If you explore the cross streets on the north side of Ulmerton, in the vicinity of Sprint's pointer about midway between 119th Street and Ridge Road, you will find a cell tower on Google Street View. I am not going to confirm for you, here in this non-Sponsor thread, whether or not this is Sprint's tower. (If you go to that physical location, maybe you can determine that for yourself.)

link me on google maps the next closest ive been soopin round there and cant find it

and the one your talking bout feech is the newest tower with across the street by the houses?

https://maps.google....77.39,,1,-31.22

^ this one is the only other one closer to the sprint map

i didt even think it was on there

ive been to this one and it has a place that says this is tower number 85107 on a sign on the chain link fence or somethig to that degree are we talking about the same one?

its address is 2310 RAILROAD AVE

Unfortunately, the signs posted at tower sites often do not even identify the carrier(s). The most authoritative source for Sprint tower maps is the set of Sponsor maps at S4GRU. So long as you avoid Sponsor status, you are crippling your abiltiy to survey Sprint sites.

What I don't understand, since you already visited the tower on Railroad, is why you assumed that was not a Sprint tower, but you assumed that the tower you saw on Ulmerton was. Or why you asserted above that no such tower existed north of Ulmerton if you had been there.

nothing else as far as i could tell saw a truck there a little bit later dunno if sprint or not when I was going to a job ( i live with in a mile or 2 from it ) some how I have 1 bar of service or no service.

Well not some how but my house is made out of poured concrete so pretty much everything sucks cept att which has 800. well see how 800 mhz handles for calls when it gets implemented. Even vzw and tmo indoors suck here and i thought they had lower frequency channels maybe it was a handset hardware compatibility issue didnt know the phones too well.

does anyone know if NV includes 800 voice in this area? and does first gen lte include hd audio lte? I heard its just a software upgrade to the advanced LTE

Edited by TuX

nothing else as far as i could tell saw a truck there a little bit later dunno if sprint or not when I was going to a job ( i live with in a mile or 2 from it ) some how I have 1 bar of service or no service.

Well not some how but my house is made out of poured concrete so pretty much everything sucks cept att which has 800. well see how 800 mhz handles for calls when it gets implemented. Even vzw and tmo indoors suck here and i thought they had lower frequency channels maybe it was a handset hardware compatibility issue didnt know the phones too well.

does anyone know if NV includes 800 voice in this area? and does first gen lte include hd audio lte? I heard its just a software upgrade to the advanced LTE

I've used CDMA 800 on Sprint in Waco, Texas. Worked great. Sounds exactly the same and coverage was strong and seamless over the whole city.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

So, we all know of the new sites with antennas over near Kenneth City and Lealman, etc. Has anyone been checking periodically if any of these sites have 4G turned on? I need some 4G news without making me ride the hog out to Grant to Sensorly some new sites......

I have gone by all of the sites with panels up.. At different times too have not picked up a signal yet.. On Thursday I saw some trucks at the one near your wifes job but didn't have time to stop it looked like it could have been Ericsson based on the trucks but when I came back they were gone.. I'm expecting that one of these sites will come alive any day though

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have gone by all of the sites with panels up.. At different times too have not picked up a signal yet.. On Thursday I saw some trucks at the one near your wifes job but didn't have time to stop it looked like it could have been Ericsson based on the trucks but when I came back they were gone.. I'm expecting that one of these sites will come alive any day though

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info. Seems a lot longer than I expected to see some of the first sites on in the Tampa market.

The reason for the Tampa market delay in sites coming online may be related to the core for the market.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

The reason for the Tampa market delay in sites coming online may be related to the core for the market.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean because the the core? Aren't we suppose to go live in December?

The 4g core is where all the data is sent if that's not up then there's no point in turning on any of the towers or testing til it's up , that's could be the reason as rob said that there's no signals but work is still being done my guess is they will come on in a big group to meet that December time frame

The 4g core is where all the data is sent if that's not up then there's no point in turning on any of the towers or testing til it's up , that's could be the reason as rob said that there's no signals but work is still being done my guess is they will come on in a big group to meet that December time frame

Man I hope so I'm like one step away from going to Tmobile . it would be nice to stay with Sprint

I need to go back and re-read the ehrpd thread I started. I guess I thought that if you had that showing and data was going thru, then the core was ready..as much as I love this site, I hate it because it shows me how much I don't know :unsure: I guess back to the drawing board..

Man I hope so I'm like one step away from going to Tmobile . it would be nice to stay with Sprint

tmobile sucks

straight talk tmobile rules trust me its your best option 45 a month truly unlimited in this market i saw always above 16 megs a sec on hdspa+

I need to go back and re-read the ehrpd thread I started. I guess I thought that if you had that showing and data was going thru, then the core was ready..as much as I love this site, I hate it because it shows me how much I don't know :unsure: I guess back to the drawing board..

feech you know if that railroad site had ehrdp the last time you went there i went and there was none.

im wondering if its my device.

Edited by TuX

The amount of data for EVDO is peanuts compared to LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L900

feech you know if that railroad site had ehrdp the last time you went there i went and there was none.

im wondering if its my device.

Tux, someone will chime in if I'm wrong but the site itself has nothing to do with ehrpd. Its just the road for the data. Check your phone to make surre it is in CDMA/LTE. When I first discovered I had ehrpd I would lose it now and then but its constant now. Can't tell you the last Speed test that I took that didnt have it for the network

Tux, someone will chime in if I'm wrong but the site itself has nothing to do with ehrpd. Its just the road for the data. Check your phone to make surre it is in CDMA/LTE. When I first discovered I had ehrpd I would lose it now and then but its constant now. Can't tell you the last Speed test that I took that didnt have it for the network

Mine has said ehrpd foronths now. From what I have read that it is the core as well so that don't really make sense for them to not have lunched because of the core not being there because it is

Mine has said ehrpd foronths now. From what I have read that it is the core as well so that don't really make sense for them to not have lunched because of the core not being there because it is

Ehrpd doesn't mean the core is ready for the massive flood of data that LTE brings.

Sent from my SPH-L900