Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Tampa folks, how many of these sites that have recently lit up are in progress sites or sites that you guys knew of?

Without knowing what tower we're actually connecting to, it hard to say. There seems to be a number of towers in the wild that are not yet on the updates, that we only know about cause someone had physically seen the work being done.

Without knowing what tower we're actually connecting to, it hard to say. There seems to be a number of towers in the wild that are not yet on the updates, that we only know about cause someone had physically seen the work being done.

Ok, so these were sites that people had seen work on, none are a surprise. Just a surprise they are up and running now..

Someone is tracking LTE on Sensorly on I-4 in the Ybor City area also! Also there are new tracks on I-4 between 75 and Plant City from the Thonotosassa area tower. So we have 2 or more that went live last evening!

The tracks near plant city could have been mine. I was there for on Monday. I'll pay more attention next time i drive through there

Could be the phone. I actually had trouble connecting to LTE by the Brandon mall yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

yeah I work across the street from the mall, left work at 11ish and didn't pickup LTE until I got onto 75 with a weak signal going northbound for about 2 minutes.

Could be the phone. I actually had trouble connecting to LTE by the Brandon mall yesterday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Though picking up a really weak signal is useless because 3G is faster than a weak LTE signal. It will get better like the people in the Atlanta and Dallas launch areas have been saying.

Though picking up a really weak signal is useless because 3G is faster than a weak LTE signal. It will get better like the people in the Atlanta and Dallas launch areas have been saying.

Weak LTE may be slower than an excellent 3G site (which is not common), but weak LTE is better than 3G in most of my experiences. In all my LTE testing, I would still get 1-4Mbps with a weak LTE signal. It's been hard for me to get under 1 meg, because when the signal is that weak, it's almost impossible to stay connected.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I'm happy to see that Hillsborough County is starting to come to life, but I'm still not seeing much (any) in the center of town, particularly downtown and Westshore. Is anything officially in progress in these areas? I work near 275 and Dale Mabry, and I'd love to get LTE at my desk.

I'm happy to see that Hillsborough County is starting to come to life, but I'm still not seeing much (any) in the center of town, particularly downtown and Westshore. Is anything officially in progress in these areas? I work near 275 and Dale Mabry, and I'd love to get LTE at my desk.

It will come. More and more sites will be added every week.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I got the same problem in St. Pete. There's nothing east of 275. And I live off 16 st and 38 ave n. And not that I have been looking hard, but I haven't seen any nv panels or any contractors on any of the towers near me. But I know it's coming.

I believe a new tower lit up by walsingham and ulmerton intersection. Had trouble trying to map it though it kept dropping out even with great reception. Maybe they're still tuning it.

I saw a dark spot on Sensorly in that area today and was gonna ask you guys about it.. It's dark enough to indicate something has fired up

Okay so I drove all around and couldnt find the signal again. It had to have been a closer tower because I was between to large concrete structures when I got the 4G. I believe they were testing the LTE at the Fowler site.

Aftwerwards the LTE Discovery app was going crazy with phantom LTE pings. Sometimes two or more in the same cycle. I can say with 90% certainty that the phantom LTE that everyone has seen is indeed a blocked LTE connection.

Won't be surprised if this site is 100% live tonight or early tomorrow.

• Like 2

Okay so I drove all around and couldnt find the signal again. It had to have been a closer tower because I was between to large concrete structures when I got the 4G. I believe they were testing the LTE at the Fowler site.

Aftwerwards the LTE Discovery app was going crazy with phantom LTE pings. Sometimes two or more in the same cycle. I can say with 90% certainty that the phantom LTE that everyone has seen is indeed a blocked LTE connection.

Won't be surprised if this site is 100% live tonight or early tomorrow.

Is there a tower on bears and bruce b downs? theres a dark purple spot there. i doubt is from a buidling as the dark purple moves along with the road.

I hope im wrong and the fowler tower gets turned on soon :)

The tracks near plant city could have been mine. I was there for on Monday. I'll pay more attention next time i drive through there

I drove from the airport and took I-4 east and exited south on McIntosh Rd. I was looking at the signal on sensorly and hoped to run across where the tower actually is, but never felt I was as close as I was when I was on I-4. I then went down McIntosh to MLK and then turned east on MLK. Only positive thing I saw was a tower on MLK at Kingsway with Sprint LTE panels and RRUs in their familiar pattern, however, that tower was not lit. I generally don't have any maps of towers with me and go by signal and instinct, more fun that way.

One add on, I think there are a lot of mapping opportunities out there to keep us all busy for a week or so.

• Like 3

I drove from the airport and took I-4 east and exited south on McIntosh Rd. I was looking at the signal on sensorly and hoped to run across where the tower actually is, but never felt I was as close as I was when I was on I-4. I then went down McIntosh to MLK and then turned east on MLK. Only positive thing I saw was a tower on MLK at Kingsway with Sprint LTE panels and RRUs in their familiar pattern, however, that tower was not lit. I generally don't have any maps of towers with me and go by signal and instinct, more fun that way.

One add on, I think there are a lot of mapping opportunities out there to keep us all busy for a week or so.

I mapped it. The tower is north of I-4 near the intersection of McIntosh and Thonotosassa Rd.

• Like 1