Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

General question for all -

In Largo near my home (which is near a tower) I'm getting LTE with single digit MBPS speeds. Near the Largo Mall the signal and on the Pinellas Bayway (my mom's condo) the speed looks crazy fast, almost like WiFi speeds. I remember reading something about signal angle adjustments (?) made to towers once there is sufficient coverage density in an area - did I imagine that? Is there hope for those areas with low level LTE speeds?

Thanks!

In Largo near my home (which is near a tower) I'm getting LTE with single digit MBPS speeds. Near the Largo Mall the signal and on the Pinellas Bayway (my mom's condo) the speed looks crazy fast, almost like WiFi speeds. I remember reading something about signal angle adjustments (?) made to towers once there is sufficient coverage density in an area - did I imagine that? Is there hope for those areas with low level LTE speeds?

Thanks!

Yes that is correct. They will adjust the panel downtilt once enough towers are online. Right now they are maximized for coverage. As for the single digit LTE speeds, that really isn't a problem. The honest truth is that users will seldom see a real world difference between a consistent 2mbps and 30mbps, even with some HD videos.

Thanks!

It's likely your connecting to a distant tower. Once the tower closest to you gets upgraded you should get faster speeds.

Yes that is correct. They will adjust the panel downtilt once enough towers are online. Right now they are maximized for coverage. As for the single digit LTE speeds, that really isn't a problem. The honest truth is that users will seldom see a real world difference between a consistent 2mbps and 30mbps, even with some HD videos.

Do they have to go back up or can they adjust it remotely?

Well the 301 tower is not live yet I would think it should be any day now since it has the panels and cabinets I believe.

Same should go for the Fowler and 50th tower. Its all done so it could really be any day now. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see them both come on at the same time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Noticed tower climbers and rigging working on sprint lte panels/rrus on the east side of the veterans just north of waters. sorry I couldn't get pics.

After looking at the map is was just north of Linebaugh/Wilsky not Waters.

I've noticed that 3G in the Temple Terrace/New Tampa area has been much better in the last month or so. Eases my impatience for LTE lol.

I know, i've been getting 1.2-1.4 mbps down minimum and as high as 1.7-2 mbps down

Anyone around the USF area lose service for about an hour? Just had five texts come through time stamped an hour ago. Can't be sure I lost service at all, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are working on the tower nearby.

I want to say around Armenia, but I need to head back that way in an hour so I'll make sure to map. probably just the bearss and 275 tower.

as far as as the service, I was able to make calls around noon thenI was in class, but the 3g was extremely slow.

I just mapped an area not in Sensorly yet. West on Fletcher from I275 to Dale Mabry, then all the way N on Dale Mabry to Van Dyke, then a short distance W on Van Dyke. It seems to be LTE from the tower at I275 & Bears. Pretty impressive, as I passed many Sprint 3G towers along that route. I am also picking up EVDO rev A in lots of the area instead of eRHPD.<br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy S III<br /><br /><br />

• Like 1

I just mapped an area not in Sensorly yet. West on Fletcher from I275 to Dale Mabry, then all the way N on Dale Mabry to Van Dyke, then a short distance W on Van Dyke. It seems to be LTE from the tower at I275 & Bears. Pretty impressive, as I passed many Sprint 3G towers along that route. I am also picking up EVDO rev A in lots of the area unstead of eRHPD.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

The coverage from these towers has been wildly impressive.

Who mapped 22nd street between Fletcher and Bearss? Man that's a bad area....

I mapped around there on Friday. Needless to say, I drove through at a moderately fast speed, and didn't stop... ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S III

• Like 1

Does anyone know how many tower crews are working in the bay area? Also, are there crews working both sides of the bay at the same time?

From the permits I have seen I would say anywhere between 6 and 10 contractors. Each contractor may have about 4 crews. Keep in mind that each contractor may sub his work out to another contractor too. Yes both sides of the bay same time

• Like 1