Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Also, the Bearss site was in our last update, as accepted complete on Friday 1/4.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Robert, how much do you know about Sprint's mobile towers on trucks? They have deployed one on campus to replace the tower they lost (TA60XC129) when the building it was on needed to be demolished. While it's nice to have some coverage that was lost, it is also annoying as well. It only broadcasts a very strong 1X signal and no EVDO. It also seems like the 1X will just drop off from 6 bars to none when you get out of it's range, which strikes me as incredibly odd. The signal doesn't seem particularly reliable either- call quality suffers.

It's just North of the water tower, by the AT&T tower on a truck if any of you USF peeps are interested.

Ive seen people working since Jan 1st spoke to a Sprint Tech last thursdat and they told it was turn on Jan 2nd but was broadcasting LTE until Monday but i didnt see anything until today around 9am

Hmm well with that time frame the tower on Fowler should light up any day now.

Robert, how much do you know about Sprint's mobile towers on trucks? They have deployed one on campus to replace the tower they lost (TA60XC129) when the building it was on needed to be demolished. While it's nice to have some coverage that was lost, it is also annoying as well. It only broadcasts a very strong 1X signal and no EVDO. It also seems like the 1X will just drop off from 6 bars to none when you get out of it's range, which strikes me as incredibly odd. The signal doesn't seem particularly reliable either- call quality suffers.

It's just North of the water tower, by the AT&T tower on a truck if any of you USF peeps are interested.

I've been wondering why my iPhone drops to 2G in that area. Mystery solved.

I don't know much about their COWs at all. Sorry.

Robert

i did pick up some lte over that area yesterday. I had LTE Discovery running not sensory so it did not map it.

I was about 60ft up on top of a parking garage

Here are the coordinates:

27.95153045, -82.44850427

• Like 1

i did pick up some lte over that area yesterday. I had LTE Discovery running not sensory so it did not map it.

I was about 60ft up on top of a parking garage

Here are the coordinates:

27.95153045, -82.44850427

Glad to hear your using the app. I was wondering if any of the Tampa crowd were using it. Working on another project right now, but after that I have a big update planned for the app.

Glad to hear your using the app. I was wondering if any of the Tampa crowd were using it. Working on another project right now, but after that I have a big update planned for the app.

I didn't know you had written that app. Cool :)

I've been using the app as well. Thanks for creating it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

james where in seminole you live

im off 137 and connect to the railroad tower which has panels and everyhting done pretty sure waiting for backhaul and inspection

The map on Senorly is kinda off I think I was driving on Bearss ave heading to Chick Fil A for college day my LTE signal drop. Is that area not have LTE?

To be expected. The signal is very very weak there, so some phones may not pick it up at all.

• Like 1

To be expected. The signal is very very weak there, so some phones may not pick it up at all.

oh okay because while driving over there my iPhone LTE drop around the school that near that area so just wondering. When do you think the towers wi get stronger?

james where in seminole you live

im off 137 and connect to the railroad tower which has panels and everyhting done pretty sure waiting for backhaul and inspection

I live near the intersection of park and Seminole. I actually get LTE at home but it's very weak and drops back to 3g a lot. Coverage seems to come all the way from the 66th st tower.

oh okay because while driving over there my iPhone LTE drop around the school that near that area so just wondering. When do you think the towers wi get stronger?

It's not so much as the towers getting stronger, as it will be for more towers coming online. When more towers get up, the coverage will get denser.