Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

It is normal when you have a very weak LTE signal that drops back and forth. Because your device is constantly scanning, which takes a hit on battery life. LTE in normal circumstances does not have less battery life than EVDO. The big difference comes from you'll likely use your device more when you have LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thanks

I mapped a bit more today on the Bloomingdale site.

On another note, while working at the airport today, I had issues with my work phone (a Sprint Blackberry). I've been having issues with the phone and almost chucked it today (a replacement iPhone is coming). When I went back to the office and looked at my personal phone (S3), I saw the signal was down, as well as the fact that the airport site ID I am usually connected too with a full scale signal was not active. Would like to think there is some work going on at the airport, but who knows?

• Like 3

I mapped a bit more today on the Bloomingdale site.

On another note, while working at the airport today, I had issues with my work phone (a Sprint Blackberry). I've been having issues with the phone and almost chucked it today (a replacement iPhone is coming). When I went back to the office and looked at my personal phone (S3), I saw the signal was down, as well as the fact that the airport site ID I am usually connected too with a full scale signal was not active. Would like to think there is some work going on at the airport, but who knows?

I just got word that the site on the roof of the Tampa Airport Marriott is in progress. Do you get your signal from there? I will add it to the next map update.

Robert

Is slow 4g because of backhaul issues? My phone shows 4 bars and 1 to 2 mbps down load speeds. The location is 16st n and 3 ave n. My buddy at work was asking and I didn't want to give any false info.

The bars on Sprint Android LTE devices do not show LTE signal strength, but your 1x voice signal strength. You likely had a very weak LTE signal. For more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert

The bars on Sprint Android LTE devices do not show LTE signal strength, but your 1x voice signal strength. You likely had a very weak LTE signal. For more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert

Thank you. Very informitive. One more question. Which tower am I getting that signal from?

Thank you. Very informitive. One more question. Which tower am I getting that signal from?

There is no way to know for certain, except to go in your LTE Engineering screen, log the Cell ID and drive around logging Cell ID locations. Each of the three sectors from a site have a different Cell ID. With quite a bit of work of driving and logging, you can likely figure it out based on our Sponsor maps. There are no apps that will show you which LTE site you are connected to.

If you give to me the nearest cross streets to your location and the RSRP in your LTE Engineering screen, I can probably give you good guess though where you are connected. You should consider becoming a S4GRU Sponsor. The maps we provide are invaluable.

Robert

I just got word that the site on the roof of the Tampa Airport Marriott is in progress. Do you get your signal from there? I will add it to the next map update.

Robert

When I got to Florida that was the site we built for Nextel, on that roof.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I am hearing reports of people in Indian rocks beach that have lost sprint service for a few weeks now. Does anyone know if equipment taken down to make room on those sites? or does anyone live or travel through that area that can confirm there is an outage there.

I am hearing reports of people in Indian rocks beach that have lost sprint service for a few weeks now. Does anyone know if equipment taken down to make room on those sites? or does anyone live or travel through that area that can confirm there is an outage there.

A few months back there was a girl in the Sprint store raising hell about losing service on the beach and how she couldn't wait till her contract was up.

I just got word that the site on the roof of the Tampa Airport Marriott is in progress. Do you get your signal from there? I will add it to the next map update. Robert

Hahaha BINGO. I can walk outside my office to the gate next to it and almost stare right at the panels on the Marriott. They are why I get a full-scale signal in my office. As I ride the tram many times each day back and forth from the counter to the gates I can see all of the carrier antennas there perfectly. Seems like early this morning when the issues started and then when I left work it was like there was nothing coming from the Marriott at all. I was calling in trouble tickets to our I.T. department this morning at the counter and where I normally had strong signal I was breaking up. Even went out to the curb which is underneath part of the parking structure and terminal overhangs and was breaking up there too. Almost chucked my phone into the parking deck :) Good to know this is a short time pain for long time gain deal. Thanks for the update. LTE at the airport will also provide some good news to those I work with who almost switched from Sprint but stayed on in hopes they would see some LTE in the future. Travelers will definitely appreciate it as well. -Russ

Picked up LTE all the way down causeway from faulkenburge to kings than down kings to my house in Providence. Could not map because I was driving and there was a lot of traffic but will try to tomorrow

Actually that wouldn't surprise me. I expect we would see some coverage there based on how far south I have mapped coverage, albeit weak, to the south side of the Bell Shoals tower. I would think we still haven't mapped the northern fringes of that site yet.

My backyard is right on the fringe and if outside I can get about 2Mbps up and down. I use 5Ghz wifi in the house so not a big deal.

If I'm on my porch I get about 5-8 down be have WiFi so I get about 15-30 on WiFi it depends on what time I'm on or whatever. I'm right off kings and bloomingdale. By the park. How far do you think that tower reaches that's far from it

Edited by hopeforLTE1

Have any of you looked at how much 4g data you have used from running speedtests? I was surprised to see I used almost 2gb of 4g from a little web browsing and some speedtests.

Edited by James

Have any of you looked at how much 4g data you have used from running speedtests? I was surprised to see I used almost 2gb of 4g from a little web browsing and some speedtests.

1gb of 3G and 2gb of 4G. With 15 days left in the pay period.

5 days into billing cycle and I have used 353MB 3G and 27 MB 4G. So not much yet for me. But I am on wifi at work and at home

Do you know how often the gets updated. Watching one of my lines as the site they work near has panels and RRUs up and figured I would just look at the account instead of nagging them.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Do you know how often the gets updated. Watching one of my lines as the site they work near has panels and RRUs up and figured I would just look at the account instead of nagging them.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Looks like daily I will check tomorrow to be certain

Question for the LTE enabled... went by a site this morning on the way to work checking for LTE. The RRU's are easy to see and since it was dark I could see the lights on them. All I could see were blinking lights on just about all of the RRUs. Slow green blinking lights. I was curious if you were seeing the same on your LTE enabled sites.

Question for the LTE enabled... went by a site this morning on the way to work checking for LTE. The RRU's are easy to see and since it was dark I could see the lights on them. All I could see were blinking lights on just about all of the RRUs. Slow green blinking lights. I was curious if you were seeing the same on your LTE enabled sites.

I know Wildman has reported the lights on the RRUs. I have not seen them though. I will take a look tonight if you want. I have a live site just down the street from my house and a good pair of binoculars