Sprint primed for acquisitions

bigsnake49

Plus most of USCC's customers are contract customers vs the prepaid customers of Metro and Cricket. If I had to prioritize I would say go after USCC first, then Metro then Cricket, but I'm afraid that it will happen in the reverse order since Cricket owes Sprint money and has very low market value right now. It has relatively high debt load though.

Plus most of USCC's customers are contract customers vs the prepaid customers of Metro and Cricket. If I had to prioritize I would say go after USCC first, then Metro then Cricket, but I'm afraid that it will happen in the reverse order since Cricket owes Sprint money and has very low market value right now. It has relatively high debt load though.

Agree. USCC has (hearsay of course) rebuffed prior attempted acquisitions. Regardless of quarters of net customer losses and debt, USCC is going to want to be paid a big premium on their value, I suspect. Sprint would basically have to convince them that "verizon wouldn't be able to get approval to buy you", I believe. The tone at Metro and Cricket always seems more dire and , raw customer numbers, a better deal anyway. Culture wise, USCC is the "verizon alternative" for its most loyal customers (in a network sense) and I'm sure a big chunk of those "Loyal Customers" have a lot in common with Sprint's legacy plan holders (cling to cheap plans, budget concerned). I'm curious to know how many of those 5.8 ish million customers are carrying a Smartphone. I think it would be harder to convince many USCC customers to carry Sprint phones and plans than it would be to convince Metro and Cricket customers to carry Virgin or Boost phones. What I'm saying is I bet Sprint would shed more USCC customers post acquisition than they would shed Metro and Cricket customers.

Its the same with Cspire here.... Cspire is the "alternative to Verizon" network wise and has convinced many of its loyal (budget crazed, mind you) users that "we are the only super rural option you can afford, sprint and tmobile are trash". Not only would Cspire want a wild premium on its value, but seeing the giant yellow logo erected on the stores would drive many of the hicks in these parts screaming and running, no matter what you told them the future coverage would be like.

ALTHOUGH, Sprint plans are now cheaper than theirs and Verizon's data share drives a hard bargain, I can't even convince my tech minded friend who is upset about the plan price increases to give any other carrier a shot "Cspire is da best network" is seared in their routine like sunday cookin'

• Like 1

If Sprint were to acquire USCC it would be better from a brand perception point of view to create a super USCC that would incorporate rural USCC and Sprint properties into a wholly owned subsidiary. Give them some money as well and see if they can get Sprint (USCC) rural coverage expanded using the 800SMR spectrum. Sprint's coverage gets expanded and their roaming bill reduced. USCC knows how to run a rural network.

I don't speak Spanish, but from what I gathered in the CC subtitles translated to ENG...looks like iDEN may be on the way out here in the US, but just coming into play in Mexico....

Anyone here know what's up in SA or what tech they are going with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DjElGi3DT0