Phone Vibrates when making Calls

4GLTE_Danno

Thanks for the replies. Sometimes when we hold it up to our ear, the screen goes off & it doesn't vibrate, but other times it does. Not sure if it is the angle holding it, or just that the screen has not gone off yet.

Anyway, thanks again, I'll keep testing it to see if I can tell why it does sometimes vibrate (right in her ear)..

• 1 month later...

The HTC EVO 4GLTE vibrates when making outgoing calls.. just before it rings. I searched & cannot find anyway to turn it off. I don't mind it, but it drives my wife crazy. Any help?

This is normal. It is designed that way if the screen is still on to alert you that the call has been established. When you hold it to your ear, by default, the screen turns off by the proximity sensor, thus you will hear the call connecting and the vibrate feature is not present.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a Sprint Care Rep for a long time. HTC used to have a toggle to turn off the buzz but after the Hero, Sprint had the toggle removed as an option. I have no idea why they did this but I've many calls since then how much the buzz bugs people. Me, included!

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a Sprint Care Rep for a long time. HTC used to have a toggle to turn off the buzz but after the Hero, Sprint had the toggle removed as an option. I have no idea why they did this but I've many calls since then how much the buzz bugs people. Me, included!

One thing you can do is before the call connects, just bring the phone to your ear and then no buzz...!

• 1 month later...