Report Shentel LTE Sightings Here

Can someone do me a favor at go into ##DATA# and tell me what settings they are using?

Advanced - LTE Status

Others - HDR/1X Selection, LTE APN Settings

I think I goofed something up because all I can connect to now is 3G in the Harrisburg area.

LTE live in York. Mapping now with sensorly' date=' solid 20 megs down at Galleria mall. :-)[/quote']

That's great news. Thanks for the update and using Sensorly.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Looks like the water tower on the south side of Rt 30 is broadcasting. Probably in testing phase, but good coverage through a good bit of East York. Good speeds, but high ping - only grabbed one speedtest. :)

screenshot2012110111300.png

screenshot2012110112200.png

• Like 1

Looks like the water tower on the south side of Rt 30 is broadcasting. Probably in testing phase, but good coverage through a good bit of East York. Good speeds, but high ping - only grabbed one speedtest. :)

screenshot2012110111300.png

screenshot2012110112200.png

Great news and great speeds! From the looks of it, the entirety of York can probably be covered with LTE with probably like half a dozen towers.

I live in York as well. did a few speed tests this evening while at Buffalo Wild Wings in east york...speeds were good but were in the 5-10mbps download and 2-5mbps upload on a Galaxy Note 2

I live in York as well. did a few speed tests this evening while at Buffalo Wild Wings in east york...speeds were good but were in the 5-10mbps download and 2-5mbps upload on a Galaxy Note 2

Buffalo Wild Wings, LTE and a Note 2. Does life get better than that??? :)

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Buffalo Wild Wings' date=' LTE and a Note 2. Does life get better than that??? :)

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner[/quote']

I seriously doubt it gets any better than that. Blazin wings?

I seriously doubt it gets any better than that. Blazin wings?

Haha it just opened on Monday! Love that place, and no blazin I had medium. Hoping that they upgrade more towers soon and make the LTE coverage better than the wimax coverage was.

Buffalo Wild Wings, LTE and a Note 2. Does life get better than that??? :)

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Add watching Sports to that and you got yourself a good Thursday night.

• Like 2

Shentel's making things happen. I passed what I believe is their northern most tower on the I81 corridor about 2 weeks ago and they were installing new backhaul. Went passed today and the NV equipment has been installed. Tower located here https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.464572,-76.516610

Also passed this tower today http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.453536,-76.38073 (I believe this is the north eastern most Shentel tower) and there appeared to be a cabinet sitting outside the fence. I did not drive in to verify what it was but I suspect/hope it is the start of new equipment deliveries to this site.

Go Shentel!

Shentel's making things happen. I passed what I believe is their northern most tower on the I81 corridor about 2 weeks ago and they were installing new backhaul. Went passed today and the NV equipment has been installed. Tower located here https://maps.google....4572,-76.516610

Also passed this tower today http://maps.google.c...53536,-76.38073 (I believe this is the north eastern most Shentel tower) and there appeared to be a cabinet sitting outside the fence. I did not drive in to verify what it was but I suspect/hope it is the start of new equipment deliveries to this site.

Go Shentel!

It's almost like they are mocking the Sprint sites farther up the highways. ;)

Robert

It's almost like they are mocking the Sprint sites farther up the highways. ;)

Robert

You have no idea... I travel between Harrisburg and the Lehigh Valley using the I81/I78 corridor and you can definitely tell a huge difference in QoS between the two.

• Like 1

Shentel's making things happen. I passed what I believe is their northern most tower on the I81 corridor about 2 weeks ago and they were installing new backhaul. Went passed today and the NV equipment has been installed. Tower located here https://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.464572,-76.516610

Also passed this tower today http://maps.google.com/maps?q=40.453536,-76.38073 (I believe this is the north eastern most Shentel tower) and there appeared to be a cabinet sitting outside the fence. I did not drive in to verify what it was but I suspect/hope it is the start of new equipment deliveries to this site.

Go Shentel!

I used to commute 81 to Harrisburg past that tower ever day, it is most definitely their last tower.

Drove south past the tower at exit 307 on I81 around 2:30 this afternoon and had nothing. Drove back north at about 4:00 and had me some LTE goodness. You can see the difference in the map on Sensorly between the south and north trip. http://www.sensorly....1908,-78.215922

• Like 1

Three more Shentel discoveries.

1- just south of Greencastle, Pa along I-81

2- Along I-81 at Marion, Pa

3-Along I-81 just south of Chambersburg, Pa.

Interstate 81 is sure getting some attention thanks to Shentel. Will soon be the best covered Interstate in the country.

4 - looks like York, Pa might now have more than one site too.(just a good educated guess here)

• Like 1

There is definitely another site transmitting LTE somewhere in the West side of York. I was driving home from work this evening and I picked up a 4G signal out West where Route 30 meets PA 462/ W Market Street. I tried to launch Sensorly but I panicked and I couldn't turn on my GPS and launch sensorly fast enough :( It was one of the few times where I was both happy and sad at the same time. I was connected for about 10 seconds heading eastbound towards York.

Will definitely keep an eye out for some 4G out there and try to map it next time I'm heading to work.

Somewhere out near West Manchester mall... Lost the signal going over the hill southbound on Carlisle near Lowes. Solid LTE indoors at Panera. :-)

Fast finger on sensorly captured the area south of 30 to the cemetery. ;-)

Edited by liner81

Somewhere out near West Manchester mall... Lost the signal going over the hill southbound on Carlisle near Lowes. Solid LTE indoors at Panera. :-)

Fast finger on sensorly captured the area south of 30 to the cemetery. ;-)

Yes, I suspect there may be 3 sites in york. Definitely two but maybe 3. I have found that getting a power cord and turning Sensorly on is the secret. Just turn it on and drive. Even if you do not see the 4g ICON, it will mark the Sensorly Map. I even take alternate routes in areas that I suspect might have LTE active. Of course, this is not always practical due to time constraints, but taking the alternate route will soon start placing violet on Sensorly.

Remember, if you operate Sensorly off a power cord, your battery actually will possibly start charging rather then discharge. And, with the newer LTE phones, your calls & texts will still come in and you do not even have to drop Sensory to answer the call.

Make sure you have GPS turned on properly so Sensorly can properly report your location.