Please provide feedback for S4GRU Website Beta 2.0

S4GRU

Welcome to the new Sprint 4G Rollout Updates (S4GRU) website and forums. We have now jumped over to IP.Board from Spruz to host our new website and forums.

We used Spruz for Betas 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. This allowed us to get our feet wet and get established online. The initial response during these betas far exceeded my expectations. I appreciate all of our members who tagged along for the experience (and their patience). However, it became apparent quickly that Spruz was too limited in function, capability and performance for our needs.

However, I feel that I have located a new home for us here at IP.Board. We are now beginning Beta 2.0 here. IP.Board's performance thus far has been stellar! Additionally, IP.Board also has a mobile HTML 5 website enabled for S4GRU! We are also working on an iPhone and Android app with them. And the forums are also already represented on the Tapatalk app and Forum Runner support should be enabled very soon.

I am excited about the future here at S4GRU now teamed up with IP.Board. And now I come to the part where I am depending on you...

I am looking for help from our members.
Please post on this thread below any bugs you encounter, suggestions to improve the site and any general feedback about how things are running.

I know things will be better than they were at Spruz, all things considered. But I am looking for the best experience that we can provide. We want you to be long term users of S4GRU. So if you encounter something, and we can do something about it, we darn well are going to try to fix it for the betterment of all. Heck, your feedback is why we moved to IP.Board. Especially you, McDroidBurger!
;)

Please rant and rave below...

Robert Herron

S4GRU Administrator

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to have the blog postings part of the front page again.

I agree. I wasn't able to get it moved with simple settings. I haven't given up, yet. Now that I know it's important to someone else other than me, I will try even harder to get it moved. Thanks!

I was able to get Forum Runner working tonight. Although, I personally prefer Tapatalk over Forum Runner. But that's just me.

I also got a lot of emoticons installed...check these out...

:rofl: :jester: :angel::rulez::coolbeans::devilangel::wavey::secret::urock:

The new site is nice. It is lot more responsive now... I do have to start learning my way around again. I loved the "Dashboard" on the old site but "View New Content" is even better. Good choice on the move.

• Like 1

The new site is nice. It is lot more responsive now... I do have to start learning my way around again. I loved the "Dashboard" on the old site but "View New Content" is even better. Good choice on the move.

I'm also a big fan of the option to view new content

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to try to recreate the dashboard at the new site. My first attempt failed.

I was going to try and get everything complete before moving you all over, but the new site runs so much better, and the new content and notifications system are so awesome.

I just couldn't in good conscience leave you over in the old forums suffering. This new site is 10x better. So I did a mad rush this past weekend to get the forum migration completed.

I appreciate all the feedback. I'm going to treat this like a "honey-do" list and try to tackle one issue at a time. My goal is to build the best forums possible with the tools and expertise that I've got.

Thanks to you all.

Sent from Tapatalk App

New site look nice but on my mobile phone when I go the to web page I don't get that usual pop up informing me that its available on tapatalk. I would be useful for mobile users if they could see that. I'm big on tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G EDIT....I just got the pop up. Ignore above.

New site look nice but on my mobile phone when I go the to web page I don't get that usual pop up informing me that its available on tapatalk. I would be useful for mobile users if they could see that. I'm big on tapatalk.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G EDIT....I just got the pop up. Ignore above.

Humm thats weird I got the popup. Maybe there could also be a banner added at the top of the site.

Edit mine too lol. Your edit came threw after I posted. A banner at the top of the site for Tapa and Forum Runner would still be cool though.

Like the site, Just wish when you are looking at the MAIN & Sub Forums where it shows the time the most recent thread that was replied to in each section, BUT only shows it as the Day ie. today it showed "Feb 7." on them. I wish on this page it also showed the actual Time of day that post was made too...

The Tapatalk feature is too pro. In this day in age if sites don't support html5 I personally don't use them much although with dolphin hd I can change my user agent to desktop but the sites are really slow loading. Having this on Tapatalk will increase traffic like crazy I would think. I know I will be much more involved now.<br /><br />Sent from my EVO 4G via Tapatalk

Like the site, Just wish when you are looking at the MAIN & Sub Forums where it shows the time the most recent thread that was replied to in each section, BUT only shows it as the Day ie. today it showed "Feb 7." on them. I wish on this page it also showed the actual Time of day that post was made too...

I agree this is an issue. I went through all the settings for the last 20 minutes, and couldn't find anything to change it. It will take some hard code revisions. The site is done in CSS (which I am ignorant in). I only know HTML. So I will keep this on my to do list and will get it changed in the long term. Thanks for suggesting it.

The Tapatalk feature is too pro. In this day in age if sites don't support html5 I personally don't use them much although with dolphin hd I can change my user agent to desktop but the sites are really slow loading. Having this on Tapatalk will increase traffic like crazy I would think. I know I will be much more involved now.<br /><br />Sent from my EVO 4G via Tapatalk

I really like the Mobile site. I can read our articles on that, whereas news articles aren't available on Tapatalk or Forum Runner.

I like the member levels' date=' pretty cool how you named them. They fit well for this forum.[/quote']

I set up the Member levels to run all the way through LTE Advanced, based on the number of posts.

I also added Membership groups, including S4GRU Sponsor and S4GRU Contributing Author. These have some membership advantages to them. I am going to write up more details about them later on the Bulletin Board today.

Posted via Forum Runner

I set up the Member levels to run all the way through LTE Advanced, based on the number of posts.

I also added Membership groups, including S4GRU Sponsor and S4GRU Contributing Author. These have some membership advantages to them. I am going to write up more details about them later on the Bulletin Board today.

Posted via Forum Runner

Looking forward to it. I'm going to have to get to work to make it to LTE-Advanced...

Looking forward to it. I'm going to have to get to work to make it to LTE-Advanced...

I'm looking forward to getting to 4G WiMax, lol. This is the most I have ever used a forum site in my life.

• Like 1