Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

this wasn't a best buy employee... was an actual sprint rep she said they are turning them on and off

was explaining something to her she said maybe we should hire you, sprint laid alot of people off she said

A lot of people on here don't believe what the sprint reps tell people, because they lie a lot or tell people information based on what they have heard and that isn't even right. Being a member of this website and talking to the people on here. You actually know more then the sprint rep, I recommend. If you can, to become a sponsor on this website. I understand if you can't because of money, but honestly it is so worth it.

• Like 1

when i had my SG III i didn't pick up LTE here at all at northgate just 3G.... warren dixon somehoe got his info

and said will be done in may cubbiefan go back a few pages til you see his comment i took from sprints wall

you need to have band 41 to pick up 4g on colerain and only spark phones support this.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

We have a Band 41 antenna just installed up here in Preble county..... Crew said it will be turned on in May

Any way you can post pics so we all know what to look for in our area.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk 2

How did I miss that thread. I've seen those on a tower in Fairfield. On a recent nv upgraded tower that had clear on it. Thank you for the link.

How did I miss that thread. I've seen those on a tower in Fairfield. On a recent nv upgraded tower that had clear on it. Thank you for the link.

Grab some pics if you could.....Thanks!

I'm still getting LTE in my office in Kenwood, but can barely get it outside. I've picked it up briefly at Taco Bell and driving past McDonald's, as seen on Sensorly, but can't get it anywhere else. I'm pretty sure there is a Sprint antenna on the roof of my building (Chase building in front of the FBI building, for those familiar with the area). Could it be possible they're testing this with extremely low power?

I'm still getting LTE in my office in Kenwood, but can barely get it outside. I've picked it up briefly at Taco Bell and driving past McDonald's, as seen on Sensorly, but can't get it anywhere else. I'm pretty sure there is a Sprint antenna on the roof of my building (Chase building in front of the FBI building, for those familiar with the area). Could it be possible they're testing this with extremely low power?

Sprint tweaks the signal remotely several times usually with the first 30 days or so of a tower going LTE live, including adjusting the tilt.

• Like 1

does anyone know if Sptint sends the "we will be ugrading a tower you connect to most..." message before an upgrade starts or rather after the hardware upgrade is complete and are about to begin testing?

does anyone know if Sptint sends the "we will be ugrading a tower you connect to most..." message before an upgrade starts or rather after the hardware upgrade is complete and are about to begin testing?

I received it months ago and do not have 4g yet in my area.. I think it's a marketing ploy.. To get you in their stores and upgrade to a spark ready phone

I received it months ago and do not have 4g yet in my area.. I think it's a marketing ploy.. To get you in their stores and upgrade to a spark ready phone

yeah i didnt think it meant 4g would soon be 'active' (but i do have b41 at my house). i just watched them but up new sprint panel on my side of town but not my home tower so i wasnt sure at what stage of developement they might send that message

Is eCSFB working well in the Butler County area? Or are you guys with triband phones having trouble getting and staying on LTE?

I have no problems with eCSFB. I'm on one max. Works perfect.

• Like 1

New to Sprint here, I live in Covington, Northern KY, right across the river from downtown Cinci. I've been getting 2 to 5 second "burbs" of lte on my S5, and was able to take a pic of what I saw on Service Mode. uploadfromtaptalk1397533098587.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

New to Sprint here, I live in Covington, Northern KY, right across the river from downtown Cinci. I've been getting 2 to 5 second "burbs" of lte on my S5, and was able to take a pic of what I saw on Service Mode. attachicon.gif

First off, welcome!

Second. Most of us here use an app called Signalcheck Pro which is developed by one of our members who actively posts and goes around here and the app shows everything we need like what band we're connected to and etc that one finds on a enginerrrring screen. 

Thread:http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3060-signalcheck-android-app-to-monitor-your-2g3g4g-lte-signal-strengths/

App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalcheck

Free Version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.blueline.signalchecklite

Third, looks like you're connecting to a weak Band 41 TDD-LTE 2500 signal. According to our Clearwire map available to premier sponsors, it appears Covington should be well covered or have decent coverage of TDD-LTE Band 41 available to tri-band devices. 

Biggest issue I can see is that Cincinatti has not been Network Vision cluster launched for 3G and is still on legacy motorola equipment until the entire area is ready to be turned on at once. Thus you're in an area known as a eCSFB gap which doesn't play nice to triband phones like the GS5. More info here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

If you have any questions then feel free to ask. 

Edit: And the FAQ to answer basic questions http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1704-frequently-asked-questions/

• Like 4

Thank you. I'm looking forward to giving Sprint a chance. I do use the Signal Check Pro app and have been for quite sometime, extremely useful app, thanks to the app I know when my phone has picked up 4G.

Looking forward to seeing some lte in that area in the next few months although I will say 3G is not all that bad where I live. Even during game nights I can connect to the Internet. Just thought I'd share what I was seeing on my end in order to familiarize myself with the network. Thanks again!

Thank you. I'm looking forward to giving Sprint a chance. I do use the Signal Check Pro app and have been for quite sometime, extremely useful app, thanks to the app I know when my phone has picked up 4G.

Looking forward to seeing some lte in that area in the next few months although I will say 3G is not all that bad where I live. Even during game nights I can connect to the Internet. Just thought I'd share what I was seeing on my end in order to familiarize myself with the network. Thanks again!

It's going to be tough being in a market that has an ecsfb gap. Best bet would probably be forcing your phone into lte mode to see if you can catch a lte signal when you need it.

Iirc, for Samsung devices it's ##3282# and under the hdr/1x setting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Concur. U are setting yourself up for disappointment if you simply want to try it out and are near the center of the Cincy market. No lte downtown and 3g is so overloaded it just plain doesn't work. Im toughing it out because I value sprint s approach with spark and unlimited, but finally have given up and paid for a freeedompop hotspot to carry around with me. I'm sure better times are ahead but I no longer believe anything anyone says about when my g2 will work reliably without the hotspot.

• Like 1

It's going to be tough being in a market that has an ecsfb gap. Best bet would probably be forcing your phone into lte mode to see if you can catch a lte signal when you need it.

Iirc, for Samsung devices it's #3282# and under the hdr/1x setting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Yeah for some reason Cincinnati seems to be a jinxed market for one or two carriers. I did try that code, however it did not work.

I did get some lte today at fast food place two streets down from where I work, wich was not the case yesterday. And pretty much stayed on till I left. uploadfromtaptalk1397582163080.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397581418983.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1397582029568.jpg

• Like 1

It might be ##3282# (spells DATA). You'll need your MSL. I found mine using a 'secret codes' app.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk[/quote

I tried that, it didn't work either, what "secrets code" app did you use to get your msl ?