Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Reflashed my EVO lte radios, still no lte for me... Going to do full reset tomorrow and test tomorrow evening, I want to get in on this lte sweetness... This some bs! Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Have the store do it for you! So they have it recorded that the reset didn't work. If it doesn't . And do it at one that's in the servicing area for that tower.

I'm assuming Sprint is seeing how that one tower is doing for a week or so and making adjustments and then they'll start finishing more? Or do they do them as soon as they have contractors available? Because I would think whoever did the last piece on that one would move on to the next.

No, you are guys are really over thinking things.  The site was ready, it came up on the list, it was tested and integrated, you guys connected to it.  No one is holding anything back or waiting for a special day. 

Another site could fire up tomorrow... or maybe 3 months later.  That's what happened my city, two sites went online in the same day, nothing happened for 3 months, then bang 5 or 6 in one week went active.  Just so many factors.

• Like 4

Reflashed my EVO lte radios, still no lte for me... Going to do full reset tomorrow and test tomorrow evening, I want to get in on this lte sweetness... This some bs! Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Have the store do it for you! So they have it recorded that the reset didn't work. If it doesn't . And do it at one that's in the servicing area for that tower.

That's a problem. The closest corporate repair store is on the Fringe of coverage which is unusable.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

FYI: I fired up an old Nextel phone yesterday and had full bars; this morning, ZERO. It's done, shut down, over. Now turn on the 800mhz!!

Very nice.... I picked up 800mhz one and have a screenshot of it from the Columbus road tower in Granville. I'm guessing they were testing only bc it never turned back on. Hopefully it will go live sooner than later now.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So I'm not sure how to get this engineering screen thing. I want to help and have been told not to map because of my phone. I drive a truck around central Ohio and surrounding counties and I could log this stuff petty well I think. Anyone got a simple tutorial?

I have Sensorly and Signal Check Pro. Anything else I need?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by nichgatton

So I'm not sure how to get this engineering screen thing. I want to help and have been told not to map because of my phone. I drive a truck around central Ohio and surrounding counties and I could log this stuff petty well I think. Anyone got a simple tutorial?

I have Sensorly and Signal Check Pro. Anything else I need?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38&do=findComment&comment=90231

Digi's post helps.

Folks its going to be a VERY interesting month for the Columbus market.  I have a very reliable source on when and what towers  are going live this month providing the dates don't get pushed out for some reason.

• Like 2

Folks its going to be a VERY interesting month for the Columbus market. I have a very reliable source on when and what towers are going live this month providing the dates don't get pushed out for some reason.

So what are we looking at this month?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Folks its going to be a VERY interesting month for the Columbus market.  I have a very reliable source on when and what towers  are going live this month providing the dates don't get pushed out for some reason.

Throw us a bone

• Like 1

Folks its going to be a VERY interesting month for the Columbus market. I have a very reliable source on when and what towers are going live this month providing the dates don't get pushed out for some reason.

Throw us a bone

Or two or three?

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

"very interesting" is a matter of perspective. Turning on towers in "here a cell, there a cell" fashion and keeping all of us spinning around the city doing speed tests could be interesting too. Oh I know, at the conclusion of red white and boom the LTE comes alive. Yes, yes that's it.

• Like 1

There will be no tower at a time turning on.  According to my source there will be several clusters (areas) turning on at different times throughout the month.  It may not be exactly what you guys are wanting to hear but I caan't share any more than that.

• Like 2

There will be no tower at a time turning on. According to my source there will be several clusters (areas) turning on at different times throughout the month. It may not be exactly what you guys are wanting to hear but I caan't share any more than that.

It is common knowledge at least on this board that 3G has to be accepted in clusters. I think we are all just excited to hear specific 4G LTE implementation plans. But that being said thank you for any information you can share.

There will be no tower at a time turning on. According to my source there will be several clusters (areas) turning on at different times throughout the month. It may not be exactly what you guys are wanting to hear but I caan't share any more than that.

Sounds good to me

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

When will they start firing up these towers?

Once complete, then inspected and approved by Sprint. Unfortunately, it's difficult to know when that will happen, even if you're in the know.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That isn't the way it works nor has it been like that in any market. I do not see that changing now and there really isn't any point to it. That would be going backwards at this point on the rollout.

• Like 2

That isn't the way it works nor has it been like that in any market. I do not see that changing now and there really isn't any point to it. That would be going backwards at this point on the rollout.

I would assume what he meant was that 3G upgrades would be accepted and implemented in clusters which is true. I agree it doesn't make sense for LTE of course.

Still working on getting my MSL so I can help more with the engineering screens, but I do have this screenshot I took at 23N and Lazelle. Seems like our tower is pretty strong. I couldn't connect, but it was visible.

Posted Image

Still working on getting my MSL so I can help more with the engineering screens, but I do have this screenshot I took at 23N and Lazelle. Seems like our tower is pretty strong. I couldn't connect, but it was visible.

3e2yhyza.jpg

That seems like a pretty strong signal from that far away. If it is the one on Morse and Tamarack, that's impressive.

Yea, I lost it shortly there after traveling north. That's why I figure it's the same one. I actually connected to it at 270 and 71 for a minute.

Yea, I lost it shortly there after traveling north. That's why I figure it's the same one. I actually connected to it at 270 and 71 for a minute.

Digiblur provided these directions for your Nexus:

Galaxy Nexus

Open the dialer and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#*

Enter 777468 (Sprint) for the lock code

Select LTE Engineering

Serving Cell is the site and RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.

You have an android right?

If so, dl MSL reader and run it if you're rooted. If not rooted, call sprint and tell customer service and tell them you need ur MSL to get ur phone working again....

I've done both ways effectively....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1