Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

That's what I thought, too. However, the galaxy S4 can only see 2 bands, B25 and B41, to my knowledge. On sprint's site it has spark as a feature.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Sprint would use the actual physical Clearwire sites broadcast Band 41? I know the old Clearwire equipment will not be used, but I was wondering if the actual sites would. Three blocks from where I live in Covington, Northern Kentucky, there is a site on the roof top of a retirement home where both Sprint and Clearwire transmit from. Just curious.

Spark is/was officially intended to only be b41. Somewhere along the way through miss communication or interpretation people started using it to refer to Sprint's NV completed network. The galaxy s4 (non triband) only accesses b25, galaxy s4T (triband) can access all three bands of LTE. The only phone that sees two bands of LTE is the iPhone 5s/5c, and they see b25 and b26.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Spark is/was officially intended to only be b41. Somewhere along the way through miss communication or interpretation people started using it to refer to Sprint's NV completed network. The galaxy s4 (non triband) only accesses b25, galaxy s4T (triband) can access all three bands of LTE. The only phone that sees two bands of LTE is the iPhone 5s/5c, and they see b25 and b26.

I knew that spark referred to LTE only. I thought that S4T could only see B25 and 41, I guess learn something new every day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

All three bands 25, 26 & 41 make up Spark. Just because you have the icon does not mean Spark is active. It only means LTE is being received and your phone is using the LTE. Our market is not an active Spark market as of yet. However if you have the Spark icon, your phone is Spark ready.

That's all that I can say about Spark or B41 or B26 in this forum. In the Premiere forum it is already discussed.

• Like 2

Hi, I have an Iphone 5s, if sprint decides to launch Spark in Columbus will my Iphone be able to take advantage of the 800 MHz band for improved coverage inside?

yes, provided it is a Sprint iPhone 5s (or 5c for others reading this)

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

• Like 1

Hi, I have an Iphone 5s, if sprint decides to launch Spark in Columbus will my Iphone be able to take advantage of the 800 MHz band for improved coverage inside? 

Keep in mind the question should be not be "IF", but when.  We will have B26 launched in the Columbus market, it is just anyone's guess as to when...

What's the cost of joining premiere?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you caught the sarcasm, but you need to donate a total of $100 to become premiere.  Simple example, you donate $20 two different times.  You know are able to pay $60 and become a premiere member.

• Like 1

The only phone that sees two bands of LTE is the iPhone 5s/5c, and they see b25 and b26.

The iPhone 5c/5s is already 8 months old and there are other phones released in that time frame that didn't support all bands.. The original Sprint Note 3 supported only b25 & b26  and it came out 3 months later after the 5c/5s..

....... although Samsung is obviously releasing new versions which will help..

The iPhone 5c/5s is already 8 months old and there are other phones released in that time frame that didn't support all bands.. The original Sprint Note 3 supported only b25 & b26 and it came out 3 months later after the 5c/5s..

....... although Samsung is obviously releasing new versions which will help..

The Sprint Note 3 is only single band LTE. Only band 25

• Like 2

The Sprint Note 3 is only single band LTE. Only band 25

Ok, I thought one of those was dual band.. not sure about the Sprint Samsung Mega.. I have a Galaxy Tab at home

Ok, I thought one of those was dual band.. not sure about the Sprint Samsung Mega.. I have a Galaxy Tab at home

iPhone 5s/c is dual band, and the galaxy mega is tri band.

• Like 1

I've seen several covert pole sites around town. I've never seen one disassembled and have always been curious. I took some pics while at lunch. They're not the greatest pics because I just don't drive around sporting my nice camera every day. I think this is a Verizon site at Ackerman and Kenny Road.

Map location if you want to see it yourself:  https://www.google.com/maps/@40.0191599,-83.0361264,19z

Photo Album:  https://www.dropbox.com/sc/y0z3whz66genzg9/AAAy1Ct0diCgnzcqzJzyaqs3a

• Like 2

No more Unlimited Data in congested areas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean ? ?

That discussion is a hot topic here already:http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5933-top-5-being-throttled-starting-61/

There haven't been any accepts for Columbus. There was 3 LTE accepts yesterday but I'm not updating until later.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I can't wait until HD voice is in Columbus. I experienced it this morning in Dayton. I was down there for Central States graduation and my friend happened to call me to see if I was there yet and man the call was sooo clear! This really makes me want to stay with Sprint more and more.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

• Like 3