Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Posted Image

LTE from the south side of Columbus but not quite sure which tower I am getting this signal from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You gotta change your Bold settings in the accessibility screen to untruncate your Serving Cell.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know when the rest of Westerville will be lit up??

We have an idea, but we've donated to obtain the information that we have.

You gotta change your Bold settings in the accessibility screen to untruncate your Serving Cell.

Posted Image

Well that's odd that I have to turn my bold setting to on just to see the whole number

yby3a2er.jpg

Well that's odd that I have to turn my bold setting to on just to see the whole number

Yeah, we found out that's the only way to see the whole number. This site is on S. High Street.

More information about this site including address can be found here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/?p=283322

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

You didn't by chance drive around the tower and get the other two numbers did you?  It appears this is a new LTE site.

EDIT: Looking at the spreadsheet, this tower may have been found already.  If you can verify the other two serving cells that would be a big help.  I'm a little slow this morning, if you check out the sponsor thread this site has been confirmed with all three serving cells.  I can post the location there.

• Like 1

LTE Engineering Screenshots please and check the link before:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

Hey Coz

The same signal at Kroger ( right off East Broad intersection with Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd ) the signal was so intermittent that everytime I went to engineering I lost the signal.  So I didn't come up with the info we need to which tower it is..

But.. I would assume the signal is coming from the closer brice and main area then the livingston onewhich is more south.

I did perform a speed test near kmart off east main street ( reynoldsburg )  ..17.63 down and 6.91 up ! 

I hope Sprint can turn on East Broad Street and the Easton areas fairly soon.. because Im around there alot  working or playing..

Hey Coz

The same signal at Kroger ( right off East Broad intersection with Reynoldsburg-New Albany Rd ) the signal was so intermittent that everytime I went to engineering I lost the signal.  So I didn't come up with the info we need to which tower it is..

But.. I would assume the signal is coming from the closer brice and main area then the livingston onewhich is more south.

I did perform a speed test near kmart off east main street ( reynoldsburg )  ..17.63 down and 6.91 up ! 

I hope Sprint can turn on East Broad Street and the Easton areas fairly soon.. because Im around there alot  working or playing..

I'm pretty sure I know where the signal is coming from that you're receiving. I'm pretty sure it's the same site you received LTE from when you pulled 17mb down.

A lot of work is going on in Columbus. Check the Sponsor thread.

• Like 1

Does the signal get stronger over time with LTE or does that have to be manually adjusted? I'm right at the tip of it

I know they adjust the angle of the panels.. basically think of an umbrella.. more open - its a wider signal.. close it some and the signal is not as wide but perhaps more focused where it points.   At what point they adjust is beyond me - I'd think when its Sprint accepted it would be "ideal"..

• Like 1

Does the signal get stronger over time with LTE or does that have to be manually adjusted? I'm right at the tip of it

I know they adjust the angle of the panels.. basically think of an umbrella.. more open - its a wider signal.. close it some and the signal is not as wide but perhaps more focused where it points. At what point they adjust is beyond me - I'd think when its Sprint accepted it would be "ideal"..

Also, once a large area is complete they will adjust the power the emitted and the down tilt of each sector on a site to improve coverage gaps between sites and reduce interference. This can happen weeks or months down the road and done remotely.

At a future time, they also increase the LTE speeds. Most new sites are limited to 15-20mb. After tuning, that limit is increased to above 30mb.

That's the sweet part of the new radios that all this can be done remotely.

• Like 2

New LTE on 19 sites. Too many cities to name. Here ya go Columbus sponsors: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/?p=210545

Boy this is pretty exciting with all the lte that is popping up all over Columbus. Only down side is my phone is dropping calls like it is no tomorrow.

Sorry if this seems slightly off topic, but about once a day my iPhone 5S says no sim installed. It then drops the connection about 2 seconds then reconnects to the network. I've restored it and gotten a new sim, neither of which helped. Could this be because of network upgrades or do I just have a hardware issue on my hands.

• Like 1

Sorry if this seems slightly off topic, but about once a day my iPhone 5S says no sim installed. It then drops the connection about 2 seconds then reconnects to the network. I've restored it and gotten a new sim, neither of which helped. Could this be because of network upgrades or do I just have a hardware issue on my hands.

Sounds like a hardware issue. It may be best to ask if someone over in the iPhone thread on S4GRU has experienced that before.

• Like 1