Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

We've been seeing a lot of 3G acceptances on http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-Network-Vision-Site-Acceptance-Report-Updates. I know this can seem not as much of progression as 4G but consider this many of the 3G accepted sites probably have all the NV upgrades complete just needing backhaul. Which is minor work once started. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I agree. Just a matter of time before the crews work towards the metro area. I've seen a lot of sites with backhaul in the metro area.

who lives in Granville or goes there ? Im curious how service has changed.. ??

I live in Granville... The Crappy thing, is where I live my house is served by a Newark tower, drive down hill and then my service Sucks! I then jump on of the Granville nv towers and get 800 SMR on the occasion but it's not consistent yet.. Then drive 1 minute down the road and jump on the Columbus Rd tower(another Granville tower).

I'm going to test out the signal, etc today.... I think the problem is that with new no backhaul, the 3g/800 NV ready accepted doesn't do much for me, the real test will be when fiber is in stalled.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I wasn't able to take a pic, but I saw the tower at Westerville & 270 was having work done yesterday. Saw smaller equipment next to the van along with some black tubing.

I saw an AT&T van in that area, and also noticed what I believe is actually a missing antenna array, and missing or rearranged cabinets (by checking google street view). I drove by again on the 15th and recorded a video. I will keep an eye on the place, but I believe that tower is in my reception range most of the day. I tend to be on wifi mostly though.

post-18538-0-32482700-1374334237_thumb.jpg

post-18538-0-93724000-1374334251_thumb.jpg

post-18538-0-85763700-1374334263_thumb.jpg

I saw an AT&T van in that area, and also noticed what I believe is actually a missing antenna array, and missing or rearranged cabinets (by checking google street view). I drove by again on the 15th and recorded a video. I will keep an eye on the place, but I believe that tower is in my reception range most of the day. I tend to be on wifi mostly though.

Is this the 6800 Lauffer Rd Westerville, OH tower?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Is this the 6800 Lauffer Rd Westerville, OH tower?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No this is right in the middle of the on ramp from route 3 to 270. I'm going south in those pictures, and taking the ramp loop. I don't know if thats a sprint tower or not, just that they're doing something there. there are three towers in that general area, and I believe one of them is sprint. however, that one you mentioned might be where i am actually getting my signal. don't know.

Edited by jbeta

No this is right in the middle of the on ramp from route 3 to 270. I'm going south in those pictures, and taking the ramp loop. I don't know if thats a sprint tower or not, just that they're doing something there. there are three towers in that general area, and I believe one of them is sprint. however, that one you mentioned might be where i am actually getting a signal. don't know.

I think the Sprint site is just South of that site.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think the Sprint site is just South of that site.

ok, well I saw people at the site i mentioned, but the AT&T van was near the Speedway at Dempsy and route 3 intersection (on Emrick Rd. I believe.) that was also a few days earlier. it looked like there was some digging equipment there too, but who knows what they were doing. would AT&T be laying fiber for sprint? that doesn't sound like it makes sense. Sorry I need to read a lot more info on this site before I know what's going on :)

Yea that site has had workers at it I've seen as well within the last few weeks or so... I don't think that's a sprint tower though. I didn't catch any uniform I could recognize.

(I can see the State St/270 tower from my desk looking at Google maps the Lauffer Rd tower is closer to Cleveland Ave)

I've always connected to the Lauffer Rd tower and haven't seen any Sprint branding on the the State St/270 tower. Now I am by no means an expert, just giving as much info as I can.

I can confirm that the tower on the ramp at 270 @ rt 3 is a Sprint tower. I drive by all the time and signal check pro pin points it when I drive past and locates it on Google maps when clicking on the address(also check the premium maps if u a premium subscriber).

• Like 2

I can confirm that the tower on the ramp at 270 @ rt 3 is a Sprint tower. I drive by all the time and signal check pro pin points it when I drive past and locates it on Google maps when clicking on the address(also check the premium maps if u a premium subscriber).

Yup never connected to it...

There are two Sprint towers close to where I live ( East 270: Blacklick / Columbus ) being worked on.. 

How long is a tower "down" while they upgrade?  I noticed I was no longer picking up the towers on the tower search app.

I did a search and it looks like im roaming on a Verizon tower.. Does that sound right ?

ok, well I saw people at the site i mentioned, but the AT&T van was near the Speedway at Dempsy and route 3 intersection (on Emrick Rd. I believe.) that was also a few days earlier. it looked like there was some digging equipment there too, but who knows what they were doing. would AT&T be laying fiber for sprint? that doesn't sound like it makes sense. Sorry I need to read a lot more info on this site before I know what's going on :)

I'm not sure if TWC has fiber runs like that in Columbus. Possible though. If that's the case, we're stuck with ATT.

Could be wrong with "TWC Biz Class".

Ill keep it short.

26 3G towers on 1900mhz,

14 on 800mhz.

78 confirmed dates for ethernet delivery.

16 sites live with ethernet.

97 sites with construction complete awaiting backhaul.

281 sites with construction begun.

equipment has been delivered to 144 sites.

And only 96 sites still needing approval to begin work.

Have a good evening S4GRU nerds  :tu: .....Oh and IMEX..standby for some LTE

• Like 8

There are two Sprint towers close to where I live ( East 270: Blacklick / Columbus ) being worked on.. 

How long is a tower "down" while they upgrade?  I noticed I was no longer picking up the towers on the tower search app.

I did a search and it looks like im roaming on a Verizon tower.. Does that sound right ?

Some of this info may have been more useful if I had the SignalCheck Pro or a phone with 800, but it's not what I got lol!

I was on my way to Sunbury from Johnstown Thursday and could not connect to the tower at 605/Woodtown Rd. Instead, it was connected to NID of 20 and BID of 1947. SID was 4418, not roaming. I wasn't connected long enough to take a screenshot.

On the ride home from work last night, my phone would not connect to the Harrison Rd/161 tower. In fact, while getting off at the 161/Beech Rd exit, I was picking up the "same" tower as on my ride to Sunbury of NID 20 and 1947! Again, I wasn't connected long enough to take a screenshot.

This evening, I had time to explore the Harrison Rd tower. My phone was roaming until I got about a mile away from the tower. Everything thing looks like it's hooked up to me, but you guys are the experts :)

Later this evening, in Johnstown, I was able to pick up this fantom tower again and took a screenshot. My guess, and again you be the jury, is that's the NID/BID of the backup service while they're upgrading a tower. Or not. I don't have SignalCheck Pro nor do I know how to lookup Sprint BIDs so let an expert chime in.

IMG_20130720_183326.jpg

IMG_20130720_183334.jpg

IMG_20130720_183350.jpg

IMG_20130720_183402.jpg

IMG_20130720_183431.jpg

IMG_20130720_183443.jpg

Screenshot_2013-07-20-20-21-01.png

Ill keep it short.

26 3G towers on 1900mhz,

14 on 800mhz.

Have a good evening S4GRU nerds :tu: .....Oh and IMEX..standby for some LTE

It's okay, go ahead and drop the mic. :)

• Like 3

Ill keep it short.

26 3G towers on 1900mhz,

14 on 800mhz.

Drool... If only I could get info like that on the New Orleans market!

• Like 3

Ill keep it short.

26 3G towers on 1900mhz,

14 on 800mhz.

Is this for Ohio or Columbus market. Also, are we looking within 30 days?

• Like 1

Is this for Ohio or Columbus market. Also, are we looking within 30 days?

Was going to ask that too. Either way, sounds like things are going to really start picking up. Decent amount of sites with backhaul ready and a lot more coming. That's good stuff there.
  • Like 2

Columbus market.

Thanks. Someone needs to make you a sponsor.

• Like 1