Hey guys looks like there has been a band 26 sighting in Daytona! It's in the Jax market forum. Yeee Yeee!

Must be north end? I'll be in Holly Hill tomorrow. Definitely hope to find it

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Must be north end? I'll be in Holly Hill tomorrow. Definitely hope to find it

I've been hearing it's for the 500. May be a cow....

• Like 1

Now that I am back in my corner of the Arctic (5-8 inches of snow today where I live plus blizzard-like winds -- Oh, how I loved getting on that plane yesterday!), a FWIW from my 8-day sojourn in the land of Mickey and the Minions:

After good-to-excellent Sprint coverage in the Disney areas and the OC Convention Center during the week, 8 of us went to Universal on Saturday.  4 GS3's and 4 Satan phones (OK, they were iPhone 5c's --sorry if my prejudices sometimes overwhelm me), all fully charged at the beginning of the day.  Sprint coverage virtually everywhere at/near Universal ranged from lousy to non-existent.  Moreover, the GS3's spent their time vainly switching back and forth between mediocre 3G data and even worse 4G LTE as they hunted for coverage, with the result that all 4 GS3 batteries basically died well before the end of the day.  The iPhones had slightly better connectivity and much better battery survival.

I live in an area with good Sprint coverage, and I travel all over the western US, and I have never seen the battery problem that the GS3's had at universal on Saturday.  I wonder if Universal has some sort of arrangement with Big Red or The Dark Side (that would be Verizon and AT&T to the less spiteful) which prevents Sprint from placing cells in proximity to the Universal property.

I have not read through all 125 preceding pages of this thread, so if I am repeating what 78 other people have already observed, I apologize.  But the situation certainly seemed unusual to me.

• Like 2

Now that I am back in my corner of the Arctic (5-8 inches of snow today where I live plus blizzard-like winds -- Oh, how I loved getting on that plane yesterday!), a FWIW from my 8-day sojourn in the land of Mickey and the Minions:

I live in an area with good Sprint coverage, and I travel all over the western US, and I have never seen the battery problem that the GS3's had at universal on Saturday.  I wonder if Universal has some sort of arrangement with Big Red or The Dark Side (that would be Verizon and AT&T to the less spiteful) which prevents Sprint from placing cells in proximity to the Universal property.

I have not read through all 125 preceding pages of this thread, so if I am repeating what 78 other people have already observed, I apologize.  But the situation certainly seemed unusual to me.

I thought I read Disney had an exclusive thing with the Death Star....Universal I don't know about.

• Like 1

After good-to-excellent Sprint coverage in the Disney areas and the OC Convention Center during the week, 8 of us went to Universal on Saturday.  4 GS3's and 4 Satan phones (OK, they were iPhone 5c's --sorry if my prejudices sometimes overwhelm me), all fully charged at the beginning of the day.  Sprint coverage virtually everywhere at/near Universal ranged from lousy to non-existent.  Moreover, the GS3's spent their time vainly switching back and forth between mediocre 3G data and even worse 4G LTE as they hunted for coverage, with the result that all 4 GS3 batteries basically died well before the end of the day.  The iPhones had slightly better connectivity and much better battery survival.

I was at Universal on Sunday and I felt your pain. Even with band 41 enabled on my Nexus 5 I still was unable to stay on a stable data connection. I was bouncing from b41 to b25 to 3g to roaming and back again. Thank god for wifi in the parks. 

Both the towers that are nearest to Universal have not been 4G accepted yet. This is an area that definitely needs some attention considering the troves of people who come through there. I have noticed that one of those towers are on a power line and that there is a trend in this area of sites on power lines are mostly still legacy. Looks like Duke Energy doesn't work very well with equipment deployed on their infrastructure, which is kind of a bummer to see these sites sitting legacy at this point in the NV deployment.

Can't say it enough, but C'MON ERICCSON LETS GET 800 IN O-TOWN ALREADY! :)

• Like 4

Animal kingdom...thought my phone was going to catch fire...in ohio i usually see only 3g and .01mbps so this is quite some change

uploadfromtaptalk1392740686795.jpg

• Like 4

Animal kingdom...thought my phone was going to catch fire...in ohio i usually see only 3g and .01mbps so this is quite some change

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1392740686795.jpg

You could not had picked a more better week to come to orlando. The weather this week has been absolutely incredible. Makes up for the few weeks of cold and overcast. Also, those speeds are nice! Can't wait until that kind of speed blankets all of Orlando.

• Like 1

You could not had picked a more better week to come to orlando. The weather this week has been absolutely incredible. Makes up for the few weeks of cold and overcast. Also, those speeds are nice! Can't wait until that kind of speed blankets all of Orlando.

Yes it's wonderful out..

• Like 1

That's an absolutely beautiful speed test to match the weather we're having today. Must say with LTE being consistent (mind you I had an EvoLte in June when I went) throughout the parks for me back then, it only made me wonder how much better it could get once gaps are filled in the market. When I was in Miami with the s4, I didn't see 3G until cape Canaveral on I-95 coming back home. It was a godsend as far as battery life goes also.

• Like 1

That's an absolutely beautiful speed test to match the weather we're having today. Must say with LTE being consistent (mind you I had an EvoLte in June when I went) throughout the parks for me back then, it only made me wonder how much better it could get once gaps are filled in the market. When I was in Miami with the s4, I didn't see 3G until cape Canaveral on I-95 coming back home. It was a godsend as far as battery life goes also.

Well, to reach my expectations of Sprints network I need to have LTE almost every single place I go in Orlando/Florida. That means, I want service inside of starbucks, I want service inside of target, inside the movie theater, at the dog park, in my classroom at campus, in my apartment, in winn dixie, public, and everywhere in between. I believe that even though I don't have a triband phone, b26 and b25 will serve me well. Similar spectrum serve AT&T and Verizon customers well so I am hoping for the best with 800 and 1900. It would be nice to get a whole day out of my battery without needing to charge it in the car everywhere I go lol. Or having to connect to wifi everywhere. One day I won't have to say, well at least there is wifi at this (insert location here). Lol

Edit: I realize that may be setting my expectations high, but I believe that Sprint can do it. I know they can. 

• Like 2

Well, to reach my expectations of Sprints network I need to have LTE almost every single place I go in Orlando/Florida. That means, I want service inside of starbucks, I want service inside of target, inside the movie theater, at the dog park, in my classroom at campus, in my apartment, in winn dixie, public, and everywhere in between. I believe that even though I don't have a triband phone, b26 and b25 will serve me well. Similar spectrum serve AT&T and Verizon customers well so I am hoping for the best with 800 and 1900. It would be nice to get a whole day out of my battery without needing to charge it in the car everywhere I go lol. Or having to connect to wifi everywhere. One day I won't have to say, well at least there is wifi at this (insert location here). Lol

Edit: I realize that may be setting my expectations high, but I believe that Sprint can do it. I know they can. 

I wouldn't consider that too high of an expectation at all. Basically said if you have shady 3G at a location you frequent now, you'd expect B26 to more than make up for it down the line in order for you to consider the LTE rollout complete to your liking. I'd 100% agree on the "well at least there's wifi statement" because I find myself saying, "thankfully brighthouse has customer wifi in the area" with some of the stores I frequent.

One thing we lacked in initial rollout that Verizon and (don't quote me to this for our market) AT&T had was precious LTE in the 700mhz family to punch through just about anything. That of course came with a price as I've read AT&T is looking at a slough of different bands to beat capacity issues and potentially aggregate (B2, B4, B17, B29, B30). We all know Verizon has been seeding in AWS-1 handsets since this time last year to prioritize users to it's B4 overlay.

not sure about the empire, but Verizon is pretty bad at Universal as well.  metropcs gets better coverage at Universal than both somehow...

• Like 1

There's some work going on at the tower on the north side of UCF. They recently built a new shelter in the back and are now starting to install some new base equipment in it. The tower has had NV antennas and RRU's for about 6 months now but as of today it is still running legacy. Anyone think they could be installing the new base station equipment? I really hope so, I noticed them laying fiber around the site last week as well. 

ByjpbYo.jpg?1

And notice how the gate is wide open, I was tempted to sneak in lol   :secret:

• Like 4

After good-to-excellent Sprint coverage in the Disney areas and the OC Convention Center during the week, 8 of us went to Universal on Saturday. 4 GS3's and 4 Satan phones (OK, they were iPhone 5c's --sorry if my prejudices sometimes overwhelm me), all fully charged at the beginning of the day. Sprint coverage virtually everywhere at/near Universal ranged from lousy to non-existent. Moreover, the GS3's spent their time vainly switching back and forth between mediocre 3G data and even worse 4G LTE as they hunted for coverage, with the result that all 4 GS3 batteries basically died well before the end of the day. The iPhones had slightly better connectivity and much better battery survival.

I live in an area with good Sprint coverage, and I travel all over the western US, and I have never seen the battery problem that the GS3's had at universal on Saturday. I wonder if Universal has some sort of arrangement with Big Red or The Dark Side (that would be Verizon and AT&T to the less spiteful) which prevents Sprint from placing cells in proximity to the Universal property.

I have not read through all 125 preceding pages of this thread, so if I am repeating what 78 other people have already observed, I apologize. But the situation certainly seemed unusual to me.

I work at universal so I know the pain. However, I also know that ATT has two sets of antennas in the park, one at Harry potter, the other on top of Mummy, which is why ATT gets such good coverage in the park. Not sure about Verizon, but rumor had it awhile back that Sprint may put some antennas somewhere in the new Harry potter expansion but I'm not sure as to the credibility of this rumor but if it's true, that's would fill the gap at universal big time.

• Like 1

Posted Image

Daytona hasn't slowed too much with the race fans on LTE1900. Those Cows seem to be doing justice on guarding the network.

Beville and Nova tower.

• Like 2

Speed tests for me on B25 have been lackluster the past few weeks. Been pulling 2.3 down and 2.0 up on average, even in good signal coverage areas with multiple accepted towers. I hope Sprint can deploy another 5x5 PCS carrier in Orlando, I'm beginning to think we are having capacity issues. But then again I know we're not a complete market yet! I just hope things get better before they get worse with just the single carrier deployed.

Also,

Out of curiosity, have there been any 1x800 spotted out in the wild in this market? I saw it once about 8 months ago but since then, nothing..

• Like 1

Speed tests for me on B25 have been lackluster the past few weeks. Been pulling 2.3 down and 2.0 up on average, even in good signal coverage areas with multiple accepted towers. I hope Sprint can deploy another 5x5 PCS carrier in Orlando, I'm beginning to think we are having capacity issues. But then again I know we're not a complete market yet! I just hope things get better before they get worse with just the single carrier deployed.

Also,

Out of curiosity, have there been any 1x800 spotted out in the wild in this market? I saw it once about 8 months ago but since then, nothing..

I know this isn't the exact flavor of 800 you asked about but Jacksonville thread reported LTE 800 in our market. I've used it but jumped back to LTE on 1900. That's off turn one of the Daytona International Speedway (Traffic nightmare again today.)

I know this isn't the exact flavor of 800 you asked about but Jacksonville thread reported LTE 800 in our market. I've used it but jumped back to LTE on 1900. That's off turn one of the Daytona International Speedway (Traffic nightmare again today.)

Ah yeah I heard that. I wish I could flash one of the sponsor PRL's to see if there is anything being tested. I just can't figure out for the life of me how to flash a custom PRL on the Nexus 5 without spending 3 hours doing it

Ah yeah I heard that. I wish I could flash one of the sponsor PRL's to see if there is anything being tested. I just can't figure out for the life of me how to flash a custom PRL on the Nexus 5 without spending 3 hours doing it

I haven't either for the g2. Just now figured out how to change band priority for LTE. Not enough near me to plunder into prl writing just yet though I miss 3G roaming. Was a Godsend when legacy was around here still and the phone was roam happy.