Soooo, when should we expect to see a fully working LTE network in Orlando? Forget Spark, regular LTE is still struggling until they finish upgrading all the towers. It's "launched" but currently no where even remotely close to Verizon, AT&T, or even TMobile here in Orlando. It's frustrating to see all this talk of Spark Tri-Band LTE when they haven't even and don't even seem to be that close to completely finishing the rollout here in Orlando. So even when "Spark" gets here in a year or two, Verizon will have AWS which apparently allows speeds up to 80Mbps. So once again, Sprint is trending behind other carriers.

On another note, here's what I don't understand. According to the sponsored section maps about the rollout, there are 4 towers in my immediate vicinity where I work within 2 miles or so. All of them upgraded to LTE and actually one of them has 800Mhz LTE. So then how is it even possible that I am getting 0.5Mbps down on LTE when near all these Network Vision Upgradeded towers? Are they not actually upgraded completely or is the sponsored section maps incorrect?

There is no site in the Orlando area with accepted 800 LTE. Show me the proof. Also like you said Orlando is far from finished so these lte sites are getting more loaded than they are intended too. I don't blame sprint anymore i blame ericsson on there terrible execution.

Soooo, when should we expect to see a fully working LTE network in Orlando? Forget Spark, regular LTE is still struggling until they finish upgrading all the towers. It's "launched" but currently no where even remotely close to Verizon, AT&T, or even TMobile here in Orlando. It's frustrating to see all this talk of Spark Tri-Band LTE when they haven't even and don't even seem to be that close to completely finishing the rollout here in Orlando. So even when "Spark" gets here in a year or two, Verizon will have AWS which apparently allows speeds up to 80Mbps. So once again, Sprint is trending behind other carriers.

On another note, here's what I don't understand. According to the sponsored section maps about the rollout, there are 4 towers in my immediate vicinity where I work within 2 miles or so. All of them upgraded to LTE and actually one of them has 800Mhz LTE. So then how is it even possible that I am getting 0.5Mbps down on LTE when near all these Network Vision Upgradeded towers? Are they not actually upgraded completely or is the sponsored section maps incorrect?

Well maybe it's an error in the sponsor maps, cause there is a green tower listed. So hopefully it's just an error in the maps and not poor performance from that tower.

Do we have any idea when we might start seeing 800Mhz? Or when most of the towers will be done in Orlando? Is that March, according to the Running List?

Well maybe it's an error in the sponsor maps, cause there is a green tower listed. So hopefully it's just an error in the maps and not poor performance from that tower.

Do we have any idea when we might start seeing 800Mhz? Or when most of the towers will be done in Orlando? Is that March, according to the Running List?

According to what I read in an PDF from the FCC, 800 rebanding in Florida has been completed with the exclusion of miami dade areas. Everywhere 80 miles distance from miami dade county will probably have 800 mhz LTE in the upcoming months if it is approved. https://www.dropbox....A-13-2262A1.pdf

Here it is. As for LTE in orlando. For me it has improved incredibly. I still think that it has to do with so many people connecting to a specific tower because its the one with LTE, rather than a tower closer to them. Overloaded towers. I would assume the running list is pretty correct. March should be close to completion date. Maybe even sooner?

There is no way Sprint will be finished with network vision by March in Orlando and I will bet the bank on that. May at the earliest is a realistic expectation.

According to what I read in an PDF from the FCC, 800 rebanding in Florida has been completed with the exclusion of miami dade areas. Everywhere 80 miles distance from miami dade county will probably have 800 mhz LTE in the upcoming months if it is approved. https://www.dropbox....A-13-2262A1.pdf

Here it is. As for LTE in orlando. For me it has improved incredibly. I still think that it has to do with so many people connecting to a specific tower because its the one with LTE, rather than a tower closer to them. Overloaded towers. I would assume the running list is pretty correct. March should be close to completion date. Maybe even sooner?

Green tower means 3g/4g/1x800 cdma voice. The only way to see LTE 800 maps is to become a premier sponsor. Florida doesnt have any 800 LTE accepted in yet but when it happens it should spread like one of our summer wildfires.

• Like 2

Green tower means 3g/4g/1x800 cdma voice. The only way to see LTE 800 maps is to become a premier sponsor. Florida doesnt have any 800 LTE accepted in yet but when it happens it should spread like one of our summer wildfires.

Man it's been awhile since I've posted but more than willing to second this analogy, definitely should spread like a wildfire once it does spark up. 

I remember when I first used LTE1900 and how disappointed I was (though my disappointment should have been in the device, not the network in hindsight). The networks true worth in LTE1900 alone is not even fully showcased in it's most complete buildouts. Correct if I'm wrong but is any market 100% yet? Or even 95%?

• Like 1

According to what I read in an PDF from the FCC, 800 rebanding in Florida has been completed with the exclusion of miami dade areas. Everywhere 80 miles distance from miami dade county will probably have 800 mhz LTE in the upcoming months if it is approved. https://www.dropbox....A-13-2262A1.pdf

According to the PDF, 800 smr is approved, not 800 LTE for the Tampa/Orlando metro areas.

"Thus, Sprint argues, it cannot deploy broadband LTE in the old NPSPAC band in areas of 

Florida which are fully cleared of public safety operations, including populous metropolitan areas such as 

Tampa-St. Petersburg and Orlando."

We therefore waive section 90.209(B)(7) to permit Sprint to accelerate its broadband deployment in the 56 counties listed in Attachment A. This waiver is specifically conditioned on the following:

(1) In the 56 counties listed in Attachment A, Sprint must maintain a minimum 80-mile co- channel separation between Sprint’s proposed operations in 821-824/866-869 MHz and the closest Miami-Dade County or State of Florida site still operational in the old NPSPAC band.

(2) Sprint must provide the State of Florida and Miami-Dade County with 30 days advance notice of Sprint’s deployment and planned initiation date of operations.

(3) Sprint may not deploy LTE in 821-824/866-869 MHz in the 11 counties listed in Attachment B until 800 MHz band reconfiguration has been completed in the entire NPSPAC Florida Region.

As conditioned, our grant will facilitate more rapid broadband availability in the State of Florida, while protecting ongoing public safety operations in the old NPSPAC band until they are fully retuned. The conditions of this wavier will terminate when the 800 MHz band reconfiguration has been completed in the entire NPSPAC Florida Region.

Of which counties in section a are permitted to launch Lte, not section b

• Like 1

I just noticed that my LTE signal has improved dramatically in my office in Research Park- It was like this right after the tower just north of my building was accepted. About a week after it was accepted the signal strength decreased significantly to the point of not being able to stay connected. My LTE signal strength now is that of what it was right after the acceptance, which is very good. Does anyone think this could have been because of a downtilt tweak or something else? That's the only tower within 3 miles that has been accepted, so they must have done something to it but I can't figure out what.

• Like 2

just came from Altamonte Springs, tower located on public storage property on the corner of Lake Howell and SR436 next to the now closed Hooters appears to have a crew working on it. I noticed they were bringing up RRU's but I wasn't able to get a better view as I was in stop and go traffic. Coordinates are 28° 38.430', -81° 19.425'

Sprint can deploy CDMA and LTE 800 in all of Florida except for 11 South Florida counties. Sprint was saying in their petition that they could deploy CDMA BC10 now but not Band 26 LTE unless the FCC allowed them to. The FCC accepted their petition and is allowing them to deploy Band 26 in Florida except in the 11 county exclusion area. And Ericsson appears to be scheduling Band 26 now in their latest schedules.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint can deploy CDMA and LTE 800 in all of Florida except for 11 South Florida counties. Sprint was saying in their petition that they could deploy CDMA BC10 now but not Band 26 LTE unless the FCC allowed them to. The FCC accepted their petition and is allowing them to deploy Band 26 in Florida except in the 11 county exclusion area. And Ericsson appears to be scheduling Band 26 now in their latest schedules.

So salty about being in St. Lucie county last county north in the exclusion zone....i'm extremely peeved about this...

Glad to know they are working on getting band 26 ready and out there. This just involves installing carrier cards right? No major changes like Network vision involves...

So salty about being in St. Lucie county last county north in the exclusion zone....i'm extremely peeved about this...

I was just thinking the same thing. My  moms house is in Lake Worth, and I used to live in palm beach gardens. Both of those places can benefit greatly from Band 26. I wonder how long it will take for that issue to be resolved? Hopefully not too long.

Had some decent 3g speed tests this morning around 9:30 am. Had about 1.4 down and .5 up. And now its bogged down to .18 down and .1 up. It's like you can tell when the college students are waking up for class LOL!

And now gettingg "latency test failed". :) Is it weird I am actually excited for that?  :rolleyes:

Had some decent 3g speed tests this morning around 9:30 am. Had about 1.4 down and .5 up. And now its bogged down to .18 down and .1 up. It's like you can tell when the college students are waking up for class LOL!

Going to my 9 am class my speed test on 3G will be around 2.2 down 1.2 up. After the class is out, my test is then .15 down and .05 up.

That's off a legacy tower too. 2 towers on UCF campus, only one of them has NV (but not accepted yet) and the other is legacy. It blowsss

• Like 1

Going to my 9 am class my speed test on 3G will be around 2.2 down 1.2 up. After the class is out, my test is then .15 down and .05 up.

That's off a legacy tower too. 2 towers on UCF campus, only one of them has NV (but not accepted yet) and the other is legacy. It blowsss

That's what I am getting over here. I have a feeling that when I am connected to LTE its the tower over on UCF campus. It slows down ALLLLOTTTTTT during these hours when so many people are on campus. Wonder what they could do to improve that speed, other than get the other 2-3 towers in the area complete. 

That's what I am getting over here. I have a feeling that when I am connected to LTE its the tower over on UCF campus. It slows down ALLLLOTTTTTT during these hours when so many people are on campus. Wonder what they could do to improve that speed, other than get the other 2-3 towers in the area complete.

Bring in more T1 backhaul. They have been known to have done this at legacy sites, even during NV deployment. Of course if it is constrained spectrum causing the capacity issues, then that's a whole different ball game...

• Like 1

Bring in more T1 backhaul. They have been known to have done this at legacy sites, even during NV deployment. Of course if it is constrained spectrum causing the capacity issues, then that's a whole different ball game...

Even with more T1 backhaul, it would still be overloaded. That site is responsible for taking care of what, like 15k people at a time on campus? However many there are. A ton. And EVERYONE else around it. Hope they crank those baby's up when they finish.

Posted Image

Anyone receive one of these wonderful "thoughtful reminder" messages yet? Lovely to know considering the network and it's randomness lately here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No I live in Ocala which doesnt have spark and I got the 1 month one also today

Interesting. I just got mine too. It's worded slightly different. Mine says "Over the next few months." The one you posted says "Over the next month."

Also my link is "http://sprint.us/network2" while yours is "http://sprint.us/network1"

Are they referring to Sprint Spark?

gahy4aje.jpg

Anyone receive one of these wonderful "thoughtful reminder" messages yet? Lovely to know considering the network and it's randomness lately here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i laughed to myself when i saw it.  around challenger/alafaya intersection headed toward UCF, my phone was connected to a tower located across the street from central florida blvd, and dropped that for one near curry ford/417.  no idea what is going on.

I think they still need about 5 more towers near UCF to even consider being in the finishing up stage