Today, I was switched from a Sprint data card to a Verizon Broadband data card for a laptop. I hate to admit it but I have been impressed with the constant high speed connection the Verizon card has provided. I still use Sprint for voice, smartphone, and I look forward to a more intense comparison on the two networks.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have one of the new Spark enabled tri-band LTE phones yet? I know the G2 and Nexus 5 are compatible but they aren't officially activated for Spark yet.

I'm curious to know if there is any B41 LTE active in Orlando yet.

I know they haven't finished the original rollout yet but since we originally had Wimax and they are doing tower work already, maybe they're doing both now.

One can dream...

Does anyone have one of the new Spark enabled tri-band LTE phones yet? I know the G2 and Nexus 5 are compatible but they aren't officially activated for Spark yet.

I'm curious to know if there is any B41 LTE active in Orlando yet.

I know they haven't finished the original rollout yet but since we originally had Wimax and they are doing tower work already, maybe they're doing both now.

One can dream...

I have the N5, I do notice that my n5 get a better LTE signal than my wife's HTC one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know that my post isn't related to the LTE rollout but I just purchased the Note 3 and for some reason the screen does not wake up when I receive a text. My brother also has the Note 3 but on T-Mobile and his screen lights up when he receives a text. I spoke to both Sprint and Samsung and none of them seem to be aware of the issue. Thoughts?

I know that my post isn't related to the LTE rollout but I just purchased the Note 3 and for some reason the screen does not wake up when I receive a text. My brother also has the Note 3 but on T-Mobile and his screen lights up when he receives a text. I spoke to both Sprint and Samsung and none of them seem to be aware of the issue. Thoughts?

Probably awesome... Saves you some battery life. There are people who have custom ROMs to stop their phone from doing this... Rejoice!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When should we expect to start seeing LTE coverage on 800 mhz if our phone is capable of it, which mine is? I'm assuming as soon as that is active, If I am within 5 miles of the tower or so with little obstructions in the way I should have excellent coverage...Just wondering if there is a time frame on re-purposing that frequency for LTE? Is it easier to do that than it is to install network vision upgrades etc and set up 1900? Sorry if that makes no sense, wasn't sure how to word it. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! The sun is actually shining out today its quite nice!

When should we expect to start seeing LTE coverage on 800 mhz if our phone is capable of it, which mine is? I'm assuming as soon as that is active, If I am within 5 miles of the tower or so with little obstructions in the way I should have excellent coverage...Just wondering if there is a time frame on re-purposing that frequency for LTE? Is it easier to do that than it is to install network vision upgrades etc and set up 1900? Sorry if that makes no sense, wasn't sure how to word it. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! The sun is actually shining out today its quite nice!

Unfortunately I can't see LTE 800 in Orlando until after we see CDMA on 800 first. I've only had one instance of seeing 1x800 on my phone in Orlando, and it was for a brief moment and once I tried making a call it immediately fell back to 1x1900. Since then I have not seen it on my signal check. Network Vision accepted sites in Orlando are only spitting out 1900 LTE/CDMA and there has been no other visible progress in deploying 1x800 so my guess would be that LTE 800 will be here mid 2014. Although 1900 LTE has improved leaps and bounds in the area, I still struggle to have it indoors, especially on the UCF campus. The market may be launched by the end of the year but I can't see LTE 800 being here for a while. We may even see TD-LTE on 2500 before LTE 800

• Like 2

That's kinda what I figured. Mid 2014 doesn't sound to tooo far off considering how long we have been waiting for LTE on 1900. Once 1900 is deployed, I think it should be a good "start" to getting customers happy(or me happy lol). I also do not have very good service inside any building unless there is little obstruction, i.e  me eating at Lazy Moon and having gigantic glass windows with not much interference with the tower down the street. Even then I have decent signal inside the Winn Dixie across from the tower on Underhil, even with all of the metal roofing and stuff in the way. Having just 1900 will be good for a start, but oh boy I can't wait for what is next.

Hey everyone, I live off of Dean on the east side of town. I Have an Airave in my home because its a new construction and something with the insulation in my home blocks any type of Sprint or Verizon signal pretty good.

When I had my iPhone 4S the Airave worked pretty well. Last week I traded in my 4S for a Nexus 5 and am having issues with it connecting to the Airave. Does anyone else have this problem? After doing research I am seeing it has to do with the Nexus 5 being a TriBand LTE device. 

When outside of my home though I get full LTE bars and the speeds are incredible. Is this "Sprint Spark" supposed to fix this?

Hey everyone, I live off of Dean on the east side of town. I Have an Airave in my home because its a new construction and something with the insulation in my home blocks any type of Sprint or Verizon signal pretty good.

When I had my iPhone 4S the Airave worked pretty well. Last week I traded in my 4S for a Nexus 5 and am having issues with it connecting to the Airave. Does anyone else have this problem? After doing research I am seeing it has to do with the Nexus 5 being a TriBand LTE device. 

When outside of my home though I get full LTE bars and the speeds are incredible. Is this "Sprint Spark" supposed to fix this?

I have read that there are a few issues with the tri band phones right now, but I am not entirel sure what is up with them. Sprint Spark will essentially fix all coverage issues with sprints network. Using the 3 spectrums, 800, 1900, and 2500...you will pretty much always have some sort of decent data connection and it will hand off between them without you even noticing.

I have read that there are a few issues with the tri band phones right now, but I am not entirel sure what is up with them. Sprint Spark will essentially fix all coverage issues with sprints network. Using the 3 spectrums, 800, 1900, and 2500...you will pretty much always have some sort of decent data connection and it will hand off between them without you even noticing.

FYI- A lengthy article addresses tri-band phone issues in the Sponsor section.

• Like 1

Any band 41 spotted in Orlando yet? I'm thinking of getting myself a Nexus 5 for Christmas. Also I'm mad at sprint I had full LTE in my office and now the signal strength has been diminished from that tower to where I barely get a blip of it. I'm assuming they adjusted the tilt. Oh well at least evdo works better now that the tower is NV accepted

Edited by kyle_4thousand

Not much news lately from Sprint, but seems like they're slowly making progress. I'm guessing we're not going to see an Orlando launch in 2013?

Also, in the areas that have LTE, seems like some towers are fast (very very rare), but most of them are crappy. Might this be because they aren't finished putting in backhaul? Meaning, when I run a speed test I get < 2Mbps. Also, indoors, forget it. If I don't have Wifi I might as well not use my phone.

Is everyone else experiencing the same issues? Well let me ask it another way, does anyone feel as if the current state of LTE in Orlando is anywhere near launchable? Having "LTE" show up on your phone and actually having LTE performance is a completely different thing. Right now seems like the service, even when connected to LTE, is not very good (80% of the time when connected to LTE). Hopefully this improves soon.

• Like 1

Not much news lately from Sprint, but seems like they're slowly making progress. I'm guessing we're not going to see an Orlando launch in 2013?

Also, in the areas that have LTE, seems like some towers are fast (very very rare), but most of them are crappy. Might this be because they aren't finished putting in backhaul? Meaning, when I run a speed test I get < 2Mbps. Also, indoors, forget it. If I don't have Wifi I might as well not use my phone.

Is everyone else experiencing the same issues? Well let me ask it another way, does anyone feel as if the current state of LTE in Orlando is anywhere near launchable? Having "LTE" show up on your phone and actually having LTE performance is a completely different thing. Right now seems like the service, even when connected to LTE, is not very good (80% of the time when connected to LTE). Hopefully this improves soon.

I experience the same issues daily. What's amusing to me is that the apartments in Orlando compared to where I lived down south, are cheap and horribly made. Wood frame, some type of media flooring that is certainly not concrete like my precious apartment was, and wood walls and some tiny insulation. Probably because of the college students, and that my other apartment was 5 miles from the coast and 1 from the intercostal so they had to make it much stronger for hurricanes... Kinda irks me that the reception inside stoops to unusable levels. I have 1 bar LTE right now, but I am also on the 3rd floor and overlook nothing, no buildings, and I have 3 giant windows in my solarium. When I do have LTE, it's usable, within the short range. And sometimes like you it is under 2 mb. Just now as typing it switched back to 3G. And now again bak to LTE. That's gotta be a battery drain lol. Anyhow, def do not think we ready for a launch by the end of 2013. It wouldn't be half bad if we had usable 3G service, but that also of course comes with the updates with LTE. Gah. Lol

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Side note. Does anyone know why my phone switches to LTE over 3G when idling, but almost instantly I pick up the phone it switches back to 3G? I know about the drop out rate but if I can pick up LTE, why would it switch to a different frequency over one that is clearly much faster. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has any info on when I can expect more widespread LTE coverage in New Smyrna Beach. Right now coverage is pretty much limited to the main arteries (44, I-95, A1A, US1, Flagler Ave, Canal St). Also where are the Sprint cell towers located in New Smyrna Beach?

Well everything you showed me there matches up with what I see here. I've been told that this does not display all of sprints network, only legacy. Time frame, lol I'm just as curious to that as you are. Sprint is about as secretive as Apple when it comes to timeframes. Best estimates I would go by the deployment running list. 

206dj0h.png

Posted Image

Just wondering if anyone has any info on when I can expect more widespread LTE coverage in New Smyrna Beach. Right now coverage is pretty much limited to the main arteries (44, I-95, A1A, US1, Flagler Ave, Canal St). Also where are the Sprint cell towers located in New Smyrna Beach?

Become a sponsor and your questions will be answered with precise information.

• Like 2

Become a sponsor and your questions will be answered with precise information.

Such as tower locations and estimated coverage from said towers like in that one post Robert did way back when. And if towers are being upgraded? Sprint community forums is typical "90 days or less" response lol.

Also, is there a minimum limit to donate? I am broke, but I figure I use this sight enough to contribute to it...

Thank you

Attribute my ignorance to just being dense.... But I can't figure out from this thread whether the references to current-day LTE sightings are Band 25 only, or if Bands 26 or 41 are also showing up?

Mostly 25. I am not aware of any band 26 in orlando yet as my phone would pick it up. Not sure about band 41. 

• Like 1