So I went to the tower by Lake Emma and I4 today in Lake Mary, all of the LTE stuff is there, and its somewhat hooked up, but they cant climb the tower and install it because there is a birds nest sitting on the top of it, and there are baby birds in it. and it mating season. I spoke to the guy, and he said there is some Federal Law that prevents them from climbing it, and if they did, the person that climbed the tower would get fined $100,000 and anyone that was in the fenced in area would get fined $10,000 each, and he said there are usually about 6 people there. It might not be until JULY that it actually gets going, but said it could be sooner. The nest was HUGE, it literally was all over the top of the tower. Hopefully one of the other towers in Lake Mary can get worked on. I am going to visit a couple more of them tomorrow and see what I can find out. Just sucks that the LTE is there (I could see the 'cords' ran up the tower part way, and the guy was explaining to me what basically the LTE part was) but a damned birds nest is stopping it from going live. They could turn it on now, but it would basically have no reach since its practically on the ground. =/

• Like 2

So I went to the tower by Lake Emma and I4 today in Lake Mary, all of the LTE stuff is there, and its somewhat hooked up, but they cant climb the tower and install it because there is a birds nest sitting on the top of it, and there are baby birds in it. and it mating season. I spoke to the guy, and he said there is some Federal Law that prevents them from climbing it, and if they did, the person that climbed the tower would get fined $100,000 and anyone that was in the fenced in area would get fined $10,000 each, and he said there are usually about 6 people there. It might not be until JULY that it actually gets going, but said it could be sooner. The nest was HUGE, it literally was all over the top of the tower. Hopefully one of the other towers in Lake Mary can get worked on. I am going to visit a couple more of them tomorrow and see what I can find out. Just sucks that the LTE is there (I could see the 'cords' ran up the tower part way, and the guy was explaining to me what basically the LTE part was) but a damned birds nest is stopping it from going live. They could turn it on now, but it would basically have no reach since its practically on the ground. =/

good info. orlando has been a bit slow compared to tampa area. I wonder if this is the case for a lot of the towers in orlando.

good info. orlando has been a bit slow compared to tampa area. I wonder if this is the case for a lot of the towers in orlando.

I can agree. Its only gotten decent in the Oviedo area, there are some areas around it thats it decent, but it seems to be the best around UCF at the moment (not right on campus, but surrounding areas) because I got a 6mb/6mb on the tower by I4 and 436, but when I was near UCF I got MUCH better speeds, upwards of 12mb/7mb

Thanks for this, as much as I'd like to be angry at the birds they were probably here long before humans were so gotta let them do their thing... we already destroy enough animal habitat as it is, this must be their way of payback! LOL

That sucks but I total understand protect the birds. Did you happen to ask if they were working on any other towers in the area.

That sucks but I total understand protect the birds. Did you happen to ask if they were working on any other towers in the area.

The guy at that tower was working for the City, so he really did not know much (I think he was checking on the birds more than anything lol) but, I went around to the other towers in the Lake Mary area, saw no cars/trucks/people, however saw some equipment at them (one by David Maus Toyota, and one by Courthouse) that looked identical to the stuff I saw at the site on Lake Emma, that the guy told me was the LTE stuff, and luckily I did not see any birds nest at the top of the towers either! So, I have a feeling that they are going to be working on those 2 towers here in the near future. I am going to go back to those 2 sites on Monday and see if I can see anyone there and be able to talk to them.

Edit: But, I MAY be wrong, so dont hold me to this, I am just stating what I was able to see.

I have to say, after spending a weekend in Tampa I have no IDEA wtf is going on in Orlando.

While I got absolutely no LTE anywhere in Tampa (I was close to the airport and downtown), the 3G there is incredible (relatively speaking).

I was getting 1.5mb pretty much everywhere and I was able to ACTUALLY use data on my phone w/o having to sit and wait for things to load.

WOW, not sure if the backhaul in Tampa is set and going strong but it would sure seem so as the speeds there are great. Makes data speeds in Orlando look even more horrendous... come on Sprint lets get some LTE to the West side of Orlando already! SIck of these slow speeds.

I have to say, after spending a weekend in Tampa I have no IDEA wtf is going on in Orlando.

While I got absolutely no LTE anywhere in Tampa (I was close to the airport and downtown), the 3G there is incredible (relatively speaking).

I was getting 1.5mb pretty much everywhere and I was able to ACTUALLY use data on my phone w/o having to sit and wait for things to load.

WOW, not sure if the backhaul in Tampa is set and going strong but it would sure seem so as the speeds there are great. Makes data speeds in Orlando look even more horrendous... come on Sprint lets get some LTE to the West side of Orlando already! SIck of these slow speeds.

The whole state is under deployment. Even Orlando. Even the west side. Sites are worked on in batches. And they work on them in the order they become ready. It's coming.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The whole state is under deployment. Even Orlando. Even the west side. Sites are worked on in batches. And they work on them in the order they become ready. It's coming.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Gotcha, thanks.

Wow haven't been on this weekend and now Sanford has some LTE love

Where did you spot LTE?!?

Edit: I checked out Sensorly, and saw it by LM Blvd and 1792 which is by me, so I took a walk around my neighborhood adn through Seminole State College (aka SCC) and mapped 215 points of LTE. Best speed test I was able to get was 8.19mbs down and 2.09 up. I am ASSUMING the tower by the Courthouse has gone live, as well as another one considering I saw on Sensorly LTE going all the way down 17-92. I too hadn't checked it out in a few days and then was getting it today. I had to toggle Airplane mode a couple of times when it switched me to 3G then went straight back to 4G.. Not sure on why it is doing that yet. This was mapped on my S3, I am going to do some more mapping tomorrow on my Note 2 and see if I have the same problems.

Where did you spot LTE?!?

The tower near Sanford Ave got a upgrade. There's LTE all up and down Sanford Ave. It reaches 17-92. On Sprint Upgrade site it has a total of 2 data speed upgrades for the tower. I went by there Monday and took pictures. I took many speed test and they all were around 5-8 down. But at one spot I did get over 26. At the mall now and I go one bar. I took screen shots.