Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Most of the 3G work is being done at there same time. However, Ericsson has been missing a critical piece to allow 3G to go live. They are starting to receive those. We will see more Ericsson 3G completes in the future. 4G deployment will likely be the primary driver in future updates, but you will see more and more 3G appear.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Is anyone close to one of the towers recently upgraded with 3g/4g? If so, could you please post a speed test using 3g? Im curious to see how much improvement we can expect with 3g.

It can be very difficult to be sure you are connected to any specific 3G site, especially in denser deployed areas like urban and suburban locations. I'm nearly an expert at it, and can have a tough time ensuring connection to a specific EVDO site. One 3G site that is an island will not be very useful, and most performance tests will likely be inaccurate.

Robert

Looks like a bandaid fix to me. NV backhaul pings are sub 100 ms and those are way too high.

i dont know what they are atleast they been better the past couple days. work has not started in my area yet. i am very content with the speeds im getting at the hours too. i know some people would be lucky to hit 0.50 in some areas of florida

Looks like a bandaid fix to me. NV backhaul pings are sub 100 ms and those are way too high.

i actually check the sprint network enhancment site an it shows there was a data capacity upgrade on one of the towers in my area. i dont know what a capacity upgrade does but if it helps then i give it a thumbs up, but that sprint network enhancement site is not trust worthy at all. it changes way to much. i keep an eye on it an there has been time where it showed like 4 upgrades in my area an i check a week later an those upgrades are gone. i dont know whats up with that

i actually check the sprint network enhancment site an it shows there was a data capacity upgrade on one of the towers in my area. i dont know what a capacity upgrade does but if it helps then i give it a thumbs up, but that sprint network enhancement site is not trust worthy at all. it changes way to much. i keep an eye on it an there has been time where it showed like 4 upgrades in my area an i check a week later an those upgrades are gone. i dont know whats up with that

It is an additional EVDO carrier.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

i found a permit for a tower by SBA an that company sba is pretty popular in my area. the use of the permit said COM/MODIFY ANTENNA TO EXIST TOWER. the contractor is hoffman thomas G. and the dates on the permit is. applied date 9/20/12 and the ready date is 12/11/12 and issued is 12/12/12. but nothing with sprints name on it. what are the odds it being sprint?

This tower is in delray off Linton and dixi an from the completed map its a 3g/4g tower. I guess from the pic the new 3g pannel is next to the big 4g pannel??

http://db.tt/KoKNV7ug

The one big panel with 4 RRU's attached is a combination CDMA 1900, CDMA 800, LTE 1900 panel (3G/4G combined). The legacy 3G panels beside will be deinstalled in a few weeks/months.

Robert

• Like 1

Sensorly isn't showing any mapping

(or maybe I am doing something wrong) but I'm picking up an LTE signal in Hallandale.

Sent using Tapatalk

Are you saying Sensorly isn't mapping your data? Or nothing is showing up at all? iPhones are unable to map due to a limitation imposed by Apple. In case you hadn't seen that yet. If nothing is showing up... not sure.

Are you saying Sensorly isn't mapping your data? Or nothing is showing up at all? iPhones are unable to map due to a limitation imposed by Apple. In case you hadn't seen that yet. If nothing is showing up... not sure.

Well, I got the app figured out now and I guess it's due to the limitation of my device like you stated.

I'm almost on Halandale Beach BL @ 1A and must be picking up LTE from US1 in Hollywood.

Sent using Tapatalk

Well, I got the app figured out now and I guess it's due to the limitation of my device like you stated.

I'm almost on Halandale Beach BL @ 1A and must be picking up LTE from US1 in Hollywood.

Sent using Tapatalk

Looks like your area hasn't been mapped very well so far. Maybe someone with an Android phone can check it out. It's annoying that Apple doesn't give Sensorly access to the information it needs.

The update for the South Florida Market sucked D=

I hope they ramp up installations like they are doing in Chicago.

I understand the frustration in SE Florida as 3G is unusable where there have been no upgrades. I couldn't be a Sprint customer if I lived here year round.

Parts of Hollywood aren't too bad but it can't come fast enough.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358312427.677795.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk