Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Here's the other thing being a sponsor can really help you.. Things are happening in your area but because you're not a sponsor you don't know about them and no one is supposed to tell you. It's really worth it. I love knowing where every Sprint site is that is getting LTE

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I will soon jus tight on money. To do a airplane toggle i turn airplane mode on an then wait a sec an turn it off right?

Hi all. Long time lurker. Just wanted to share, I live in 33125 near the mia airport. No lte yet. But about a week ago ehrpd came on. Its usually on and off though. I was able to connect in Miami gardens. I read it on here n took a trip to my brother in laws. He lives a block over from the tower. My suspicions about the 1900mhz bands penetrating power were correct. Its only slightly stronger in doors. Outside my rooted aokp'd gs3 was pulling in a hair over 30mb. Indoors it was barely 5mb. I'm hoping its just the "beta" nature of this fresh tower and its' upgrades aren't complete yet. I also noticed that nv must be complete or being worked on in Miami shores 33138. My results used to be about 0.05mb. Now its about 600kb. Still slow but definitely an improvement. I'm also experiencing no dropped calls. Now near 33125 I have been roaming and dropping so many calls and hitting los all the time, I had to break out the ol air rave. I'd love to start using sensorly, but the battery drain is insane.

Haven't noticed any new information on service trendor or any other corporate tools. Seems like these towers are being worked on on the DL

Also, call quality has always been decent in Kendall. But my trip there last week showed 60-70 decibels at all times. Even in doors. 3g was always at a steady .9-1.4mb

I was on 88th and 100 n something ave. Near a shopping plaza that had a publix n a starbuks

1. Entire drive home on Sheridan Street from 441 to 196 ave in west pines, no 4g signal.

You just missed the radius. You were a little too far west. Go more east towards Sheridan plaza and Ty park and you'll definitely get LTE, albeit a slow connection (2-3 Mbps)

Does anyone know how sprint chooses which towers they (subcontractors) go to next? Do they go to the next closest tower in distance? And move in a strategic "line" if u will.. Or is it random and all over the place?

How they decide this is beyond me. I can tell u this. In south Florida, at least since July; whenever a tower goes down sprint just bandaids it. The amount of downed sectors in staggering. But I understand their reasoning, why completely repair n spend so much when upgrades are in the works? They are definitely penny pinching. After these upgrades are done I'm sure it will only take about 2 quarters before average lte speeds will be in low two digits. Another 2 quarters after that, it'll probably be crawling at about 5-10mb. Not only is nv and the lte initiative a must, but I think its time to dump unlimited data. I myself am a huge offender. I use up about 6-9gb a month. But I don't mind paying an extra premium to keep unlimited data or at least a monthly allotment of 10gb a month. These limits will and should ensure that everyone gets decent speeds IMO

about 5-10mb. Not only is nv and the lte initiative a must, but I think its time to dump unlimited data. I myself am a huge offender. I use up about 6-9gb a month.

I swear I'm not dogging you but how the hell do you use that much data on the network in the state that its in now? How is that possible? You will also be one of the people that causes us to lose unlimited data. I'm sorry maybe I am dogging you out but jeez what reason would you need that much data in a month? If you use that much with speeds averaging less than 1M downloads what will you use when given 10M dl speeds?

I swear I'm not dogging you but how the hell do you use that much data on the network in the state that its in now? How is that possible? You will also be one of the people that causes us to lose unlimited data. I'm sorry maybe I am dogging you out but jeez what reason would you need that much data in a month? If you use that much with speeds averaging less than 1M downloads what will you use when given 10M dl speeds?

Besides social networking and my podcasts, RSS, YouTube and the like. I tether too. I have a rooted phone but I pay for my 5gb allotment. I can't go into too many details as I work for sprint on the technical side n can't afford to lose my job Lol. But I can assure u sir, I pay for my sh*t n I don't tether my game console, home computer or the like. I have Comcast for that lol

Exactly. My wife and I barely use 3GB a month of data. Our 3G speeds are so slow we don't have the patience for that. She's a teacher so she has very busy days. In my office and at home I have wifi Comcast (24mbs) 24/7 so I connect to that. Only time I'm off wifi is when in driving home which is a 19 mile commute...driving around town...or out for dinner. Of course having LTE and knowing I have fast speeds will allow me to use more data when I'm not within my wifi range. Even with LTE I plan to stay connected to my wifi at office and home. LTE will be a plus when I'm out and about as I will be able to use Facebook/Instagram/safari/etc more often. I'm so jealous when I see my friends on their LTE devices using AT&T or Verizon LTE . They are streaming videos/game with no hiccups.

...on iPhone5/iOS6 via Tapatalk...

I see where your coming from though dude. There are so many people that abuse unlimited data its ridiculous. The wimax abuse is astronomical too.

I see where your coming from though dude. There are so many people that abuse unlimited data its ridiculous. The wimax abuse is astronomical too.

Forgot to mention, I tether for work. Otherwise I wouldn't have a need for it. I hate doing it, battery dies too quick n it feels like there's a freshly microwaved hot pocket in my pants pocket.

Its cool I swear I'm not the Sprint police but I just don't see how people do it, I may tether myself but its not for any extended amount of time in most cases and do all the other things you mentioned but crap that's a ton. I don't even have enough time in the day to do that much data

Its cool I swear I'm not the Sprint police but I just don't see how people do it, I may tether myself but its not for any extended amount of time in most cases and do all the other things you mentioned but crap that's a ton. I don't even have enough time in the day to do that much data

The WiFi inside of corporate stores are slow because of all the devices connected to them. N they r driven by the repeaters. I instead rely on my own connection via tethering. This way its a bit faster. Otherwise my store visits would take a bit longer.

Hi all. Long time lurker. Just wanted to share' date=' I live in 33125 near the mia airport. No lte yet. But about a week ago ehrpd came on. Its usually on and off though. I was able to connect in Miami gardens. I read it on here n took a trip to my brother in laws. He lives a block over from the tower. My suspicions about the 1900mhz bands penetrating power were correct. Its only slightly stronger in doors. Outside my rooted aokp'd gs3 was pulling in a hair over 30mb. Indoors it was barely 5mb. I'm hoping its just the "beta" nature of this fresh tower and its' upgrades aren't complete yet. I also noticed that nv must be complete or being worked on in Miami shores 33138. My results used to be about 0.05mb. Now its about 600kb. Still slow but definitely an improvement. I'm also experiencing no dropped calls. Now near 33125 I have been roaming and dropping so many calls and hitting los all the time, I had to break out the ol air rave. I'd love to start using sensorly, but the battery drain is insane.

Haven't noticed any new information on service trendor or any other corporate tools. Seems like these towers are being worked on on the DL[/quote']

Going indoors you lose about -8dBm to -12dBm on average, and some building types it can be worse than that...and that is regardless of frequency. 1900 will be much better than WiMax, not only because of the frequency difference, but LTE works to approximately -95dBm RSSI (or -120 RSRP equivalent), but WiMax only worked to -82 to -95dBm RSSI.

So if you were in a place that had -82dBm WiMax, but went inside, it would go up to approx -90dBm and you would have no 4G signal. But if you had LTE from the same tower, your -82dBm signal would be more likely -78dBm in LTE (because 1900 would be stronger). Then you go inside, you lose 8dBm and your signal is now -86dBm LTE on 1900. Which is very usable in a place where WiMax wouldn't even reach before.

LTE performance is very signal strength dependent, no matter the frequency. Anything that causes the signal strength to go down, will also cause your speeds to reduce. Going away from the tower, going indoors, etc. Having 5Mbps LTE speeds indoors when you are not near a tower will be normal performance.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

this is an update, well yesterday I was at my friends house 10 min away from me outside in Hollywood Florida and look what I got for a few min even though it was still slow it was was faster then the 3G I been having10mqu6s.jpg

That's exactly what I get when I go outside my house in Hollywood. Unfortunately as soon as I go inside, it goes back to 3G.

no LTE came on once then while I was still out side it went off and I never seen it again even after going inside then coming back out side, and I have not seen it come on anywhere else

Edited by bigj954

In our Sponsor section we show maps of completed Network Vision/LTE sites that have been accepted by Sprint. The location of a site near Boynton Beach appeared in yesterday's update: Here is the link for more information about becoming a Sponsor of this site: http://s4gru.com/ind...come-a-sponsor/

Robert

I just donated you money, so let me know what I do now. Also, I for got to put my screen name in the pay pall thing as well sorry about that

Edited by bigj954

I just donated you money' date=' so let me know what I do now. Also, I for got to put my screen name in the pay pall thing as well sorry about that[/quote']

I sent you a PM. You are good to go. Thanks.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner