Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

A couple things I've noticed from connecting to band 26 this week.

When connected to band 26 when making or receiving a call it will use 1x 800.

When connected to band 25 when making or receiving a call it will use 1x 1900 even when 1x 800 is available.

While on a call while moving and connecting to different sites the device will go back and forth between 1x800 and 1x 1900 without breaking up or dropping the call.

I observed this while using my Nexus 5 on .15 modem. I don't know how the network operates on other phones that has modems that work properly.  My Nexus 5 will connect to band 26 more than it will connect to band 25 or 41 seems to be the band of choice for this phone for some reason even though I have my band priority set to b41-1, b25-2, b26-3. 

I officially have 1x 800 right now on cr 210 with 513 PRL but I don't think B26 is live yet. (Went into the deepest darkest corner of the house) and it dropped from LTE 1900 to eHRPD. Very excited about 1x 800 now though!

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 2

On the 513 prl band 41 is on over half the towers in Florida. I know in Ocala almost every tower has it on that prl.

I officially have 1x 800 right now on cr 210 with 513 PRL but I don't think B26 is live yet. (Went into the deepest darkest corner of the house) and it dropped from LTE 1900 to eHRPD. Very excited about 1x 800 now though!

Sent from my LG-LS980

So I decided to break down and flash the Premier PRL and as soon as I disabled LTE, this popped up!attachicon.gif tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-30-16-53-131657786226.png

Its all over the place. With my nexus I only pick it up in places where I have band 26. On my deactivated EVO LTE it has 1x 800 all around town.

While I drove home, I was on band 26 for nearly the whole trip besides one tower. The only issue is that my LTE range is about the same or a little less than band 25. Whenever I dropped, I went right to 1x800. I wonder how much they still need to optimize before there is a noticeable range difference.

While I drove home, I was on band 26 for nearly the whole trip besides one tower. The only issue is that my LTE range is about the same or a little less than band 25. Whenever I dropped, I went right to 1x800. I wonder how much they still need to optimize before there is a noticeable range difference.

I noticed that, too. In Starke I had roughly the same signal strength as my brother's S5 on b25 as I did on b26.

Sent from my LG-LS980

So I decided to amuse myself while sitting at home. I am on band 25 and hold both the top and bottom of my phone and it instantly switches to band 26. When I let go of both sides of my phone it instantly switches back to band 25. It will keep doing that as I hold and block both sides of the antenna of my phone. Again, the signal level according to Signal Check it pretty much the same. Outside when I cycle airplane mode, it finds and sits on band 26 for a few minutes with 4 bars of signal. Suddenly, I see 6 bars and when I check I find that I was kicked back to band 25. It seems like band 25 has a better signal overall, but it will switch back and forth.

Also now I can make calls on 1x800 and it doesn't switch to 1900

That's what I've noticed when I connect to band 26 also. It will also switch back and forth between 1900 CDMA and 800 CDMA when you're on a call and is in motion.

Also now I can make calls on 1x800 and it doesn't switch to 1900

Band 26 at my house in SW Ocala!! Time to go hunting in this thunderstorm lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Notice a difference in signal strength?

I was in St. Augustine last night eating at The Columbia in the historic district and stayed on 1x1900 the entire time in the iPhone 5c and 5. Only got EVDO in a few places downtown and was able to receive a weak 1900LTE signal upstairs at Harry's. So no B26 or 1x800 in the historic district yet. Still appears to be totally legacy. They really need to upgrade the site nearest downtown. It is horrendous down there.

Back in Jax, we're seeing B26 in a lot of places and the signal is typically stronger than B25.

• Like 1

T-Mobile and sprint are on a tower 0.5 miles of my house. Unfortunately T-Mobile upgraded there part a month ago and sprint is still legacy so in my area T-Mobile wins. Sprint is 2-5mbps in day and 8-14Mbps at night at 98dbm to 3G while tmobile is 40mbps to 50mbps in day and 55-64 at night with 76-91dBm. When sprint decides to upgrade that same tower then it will be different as there are only two towers left not nv complete in the whole city and my tower just so happens to be one of them. Overall around the city though Sprint wins from a coverage stand point hands down. But where T-Mobile works it does a hell of a job.

Out of curiosity, how does it compare to Tmobile signal in the same location?

Band 26 is coming online like crazy in Ocala but only the nexus .15 radio is getting it so csfb is definitely a issue. In a publix that one year ago was notorious for barley any sprint service at all I got amazing results. Sprint and Verizon in the same store my g pad was weaker that the nexus on band 26. And I never lose signal on my g pad. Sprint had 3-4 dBm gains on Verizon and almost triple the speed. And I never lost lte . not even band 25 on .15 radio is capable of that. Tests below

• Like 1