Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

For those of you here that has connected to band 41. What did you do to connect? I have the bands enabled and cycled airplane mode near sites I saw worked on personally nothing happened. Also will my phone attempt to connect to band 41 automatically when searching for LTE reception?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For those of you here that has connected to band 41. What did you do to connect? I have the bands enabled and cycled airplane mode near sites I saw worked on personally nothing happened. Also will my phone attempt to connect to band 41 automatically when searching for LTE reception?

It's borderline impossible to connect to b41 if LTE PCS is active and working where you are. For me, I just cycle airplane mode and it usually connects but I'm in a spot where b25 isn't that strong.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

It's borderline impossible to connect to b41 if LTE PCS is active and working where you are. For me, I just cycle airplane mode and it usually connects but I'm in a spot where b25 isn't that strong.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I have a spot I'm going to try tomorrow. Its a sprint dead zone but there is a upgraded clear site 1/4 from it. Hopefully that'll work.

• Like 1

I have a spot I'm going to try tomorrow. Its a sprint dead zone but there is a upgraded clear site 1/4 from it. Hopefully that'll work.

I have all the correct settings in my phone but havent had much luck getting mine to connect to a band 41 site either. Let me know if you get it.

Band Priority of 26 > 41 > 25.  Most people have reported success with this config.  (Setting 41 to 1, 26 to 1, 25 to 0)

Well that is embarrassing... I guess I didn't set it correctly after I wiped and updated to 4.4.1.  It was set correctly prior to this and didn't want to connect to B41 however. 

Well that is embarrassing... I guess I didn't set it correctly after I wiped and updated to 4.4.1. It was set correctly prior to this and didn't want to connect to B41 however.

I have mine set to 41-25-26.

I have mine set to 41-25-26.

Let me know if it makes a difference one way it the other. In going to get out to a tower and experiment later this week.

Anyone have any idea about the range off of band 41? Comparable to WiMax?

I've tried connecting to both the towers in St Augustine and a tower off of Bay Meadows by 295 East. No matter how close I am to the towers and having it set to band 41 the only high priority, I haven't been able to connect at all. I've tried airplane mode, restarting, switching between CDMA/LTE/Global and prl updates. I've even tried death gripping to try and lower the band 25 connection. I just can't get it to work.

I see cranes and a lot of work happening at JTB and Hodges, and the end of JTB by Marsh Landing. I'll see if I can get some pictures in the next few days.

Was at the Town Center last night, and data was unusable. I know that there was some chatter about LTE by UNF, so hopefully something is going on in that area. The closest tower that I see on the map is next to the FBI building. From what I can tell, the radios are at the top of a power line. I haven't seen anything happening there. Does anyone know if there is anything else in that area?

I see cranes and a lot of work happening at JTB and Hodges, and the end of JTB by Marsh Landing. I'll see if I can get some pictures in the next few days.   Was at the Town Center last night, and data was unusable. I know that there was some chatter about LTE by UNF, so hopefully something is going on in that area. The closest tower that I see on the map is next to the FBI building. From what I can tell, the radios are at the top of a power line. I haven't seen anything happening there. Does anyone know if there is anything else in that area?

I pretty much live in Town Center and haven't seen much for activity around it.  I think the tower by the FBI building may be the only one that will directly impact TC.  The N5 can get a signal from the towers on Beach and Southside while in Town Center, but it's too weak to be useable.  3G never works here anymore unless it's before 10am.

To be honest TC really just needs it's own DAS (distributed antenna system) or a COW (cell on wheels).  There's too many people that frequent here for the traffic to be handled on the edge of coverage from three different cell sites.

• Like 1

Ocala goin crazy this month. Shores tower is being done right no. Ruus and panels already up and i expect it to go live within the next 10 days. That makes a total of 5 lte upgrades this month which has never happened

Are you familiar with the Clear Protection Site on 464?

Is that the water tower site?

Sorry I meant 484 lol. The tower is behind Soul's Harbor church south of Belleview.  You're probably not down that way often, but it is one of the few protection sites in the area and I was curious if it was going to get a fast track to LTE.  The Sprint service around there is horrible and that tower would fill a huge gap.

If ocala's protection site didnt get it i dont know why belleview would lol

Sorry I meant 484 lol. The tower is behind Soul's Harbor church south of Belleview. You're probably not down that way often, but it is one of the few protection sites in the area and I was curious if it was going to get a fast track to LTE. The Sprint service around there is horrible and that tower would fill a huge gap.

Look what I caught in the wild at The Town Center tonight.. It was a tricky beast, it kept hiding on me whenever I tried to take a screen shot. Weak, but present off and on. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lo4jv8v77cvc2b8/Screenshot_2013-12-11-19-54-17.png

• Like 1

Is this real? Could it be?!

Look what I caught in the wild at The Town Center tonight.. It was a tricky beast, it kept hiding on me whenever I tried to take a screen shot. Weak, but present off and on.

I've pulled LTE towards the northern half of TC with my N5, but it's too weak to be usable.  It's from the site up on Beach.

I was out at the Town Center last week and tweeted to Sprint that their service was so bad that I had to connect to wifi so that I could complain about it. Fortunately, they said that upgrades are happening in the coming months, so we are good (you might detect a hint of sarcasm).

I recently read a couple of articles discussing how AT&T is trying to use their near monopoly on fiber to squeeze the likes of Sprint and other carriers. They are trying to jack up the rates. I'm sure that they aren't all that motivated to fulfill service orders from Sprint for all of the new backhaul fiber any faster than they have to. Why would they want to help make their competitor's service better any faster than they have to.