Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

At the Five Guys on San Jose Blvd.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Is that place any good? They're building one in my city. I've never eaten at Five Guys. But everyone is going nuts about how good it is.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Is that place any good? They're building one in my city. I've never eaten at Five Guys. But everyone is going nuts about how good it is.

Five Guys Is good if you like greasy burgers....But they LOAD you down with Fries...Unless you're feeding two or have a big appetite, get the small fry. The cup is small, but once they put the cup of fries in the bag, they throw an extra scoop full directly into the bag....Yum...

EDIT: No fried chicken though...

• Like 3

Five Guys Is good if you like greasy burgers....But they LOAD you down with Fries...Unless you're feeding two or have a big appetite, get the small fry. The cup is small, but once they put the cup of fries in the bag, they throw an extra scoop full directly into the bag....Yum...

EDIT: No fried chicken though...

I love Five Guys. Bacon Cheese Burger...So good. 

• Like 3

Five Guys is really good, trust me. It's my favorite FF east coast burger joint.

When I'm in L.A., I always hit In-N-Out, because it is my favorite FF burger joint in Los Angeles. Five Guys is just as good, but in some cases better. The fries are excellent (especially the Cajun Fries). Two people can eat a small, so be careful - the bag will be FULL of extra fries.

• Like 4

No, there's nothing good about Five Guys at all.  They are GREAT.  If you want some consistently great burgers and fries then I'd highly recommend you give them a try.  I have never been to Five Guys and left unsatisfied.

The find success in keeping their process very simple.  Your food comes in a brown paper bag, your burgers are wrapped in foil, the burgers are always made as you order, and the fries always come right out of the bat and into your bag hot.

• Like 3

Pretty much  the sentiments from above sums it all up....Cheers and Enjoy your new Five Guys! I'm thinking that for lunch today since there's only Culver's on the WEST coast of Florida...(Found that out the other day)

• Like 3

Gross. I managed numerous locations in Jacksonville. There are other places better than Five Guys. Such as M-Shack. Five Guys is nothing special. The beef is not seasoned and the fries are basic. I don't understand why people rave about it. You can make a "five guys" burger in your own home. Same thing goes for the fries, you can make them at home, can even buy the potato press to cut the fries, and for Cajun seasoning? Buy old bay. That's all. That's it. Nothing special.

Edited by Faction

Gross. I managed numerous locations in Jacksonville. There are other places better than Five Guys. Such as M-Shack. Five Guys is nothing special. The beef is not seasoned and the fries are basic. I don't understand why people rave about it. You can make a "five guys" burger in your own home. Nothing AT ALL special about it other than paying someone to assemble it for you.

M-Shack is good, too. The basic-ness of Five Guys is what makes it so good, IMHO.

• Like 2

M-Shack is good, too. The basic-ness of Five Guys is what makes it so good, IMHO.

You're definitely right about the simplicity in five guys. Everything about the operation of the company is simplicity, it's no wonder they're popping up all over the place and even the UK and mexico

Ehhh M-Shack is okay.  I wasn't particularly impressed, but their shakes are good.  On the subject of food not burger related, Taco Lu's is definitely the best in town.  Those Carne Royale's are to die for.

This thread is making me... Hungry.

Sent from my LG-LS980

I just had publix hot wings and tea. I'm sure Robert would love that. ????????????????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Ehhh M-Shack is okay.  I wasn't particularly impressed, but their shakes are good.  On the subject of food not burger related, Taco Lu's is definitely the best in town.  Those Carne Royale's are to die for.

CARNE ROYALE...WHY SPENCE...WHY DID YOU MENTION THAT! Lol...

• Like 1

Still trying to figure out why on Sprint there speeds and in building coverage is still not good enough around here? I popped in my T-Mobile sim and they upgraded backhaul for hspa+ I didn't even know they still upgrade hspa+ but 28 down and 2.5 up at my home on hspa+ is insane. I don't even want to talk about the 63 down on LTE at my house. This is what I want sprint to be. There is a major problem if metro around here is 20 down on hspa+ and I rarely see sprint in double digits. Also somehow T-Mobile is able to provide some surprisingly good LTE building penetration. Yesterday I went to the movies and Sprint was on useless 3g while I had 4 bars of LTE on T-Mobile. Best buy was the same way. This is the busiest part of Ocala. Also the signal was coming from my home tower which sprint is on but is completely legacy. My bill jumped to 191 somehow also on a 4 person family plan. They did compensate me $25 for the next 4 months which is nice. I put both of my accounts in seasonal stand by to get a better picture of life without Sprint and solely having to live with T-Mobile. So far as much as I don't want to say it T-Mobile at least around here is way better. They even have coverage in the forest but they suck on I 75 where Sprint is pretty good. I think I will stay on seasonal stand by until Sprint gets LTE my tower too for now. If only sprint had more capacity around here for PCs. :(

• Like 1

Still trying to figure out why on Sprint there speeds and in building coverage is still not good enough around here? I popped in my T-Mobile sim and they upgraded backhaul for hspa+ I didn't even know they still upgrade hspa+ but 28 down and 2.5 up at my home on hspa+ is insane. I don't even want to talk about the 63 down on LTE at my house. This is what I want sprint to be. There is a major problem if metro around here is 20 down on hspa+ and I rarely see sprint in double digits. Also somehow T-Mobile is able to provide some surprisingly good LTE building penetration. Yesterday I went to the movies and Sprint was on useless 3g while I had 4 bars of LTE on T-Mobile. Best buy was the same way. This is the busiest part of Ocala. Also the signal was coming from my home tower which sprint is on but is completely legacy. My bill jumped to 191 somehow also on a 4 person family plan. They did compensate me $25 for the next 4 months which is nice. I put both of my accounts in seasonal stand by to get a better picture of life without Sprint and solely having to live with T-Mobile. So far as much as I don't want to say it T-Mobile at least around here is way better. They even have coverage in the forest but they suck on I 75 where Sprint is pretty good. I think I will stay on seasonal stand by until Sprint gets LTE my tower too for now. If only sprint had more capacity around here for PCs. :(

TMO might very well be the better option for you in Ocala. But, in Jax proper, TMO doesn't even come close to Sprint's LTE coverage. I would put most of Florida in the same category as well. Sprint is killing their Florida game right now.

• Like 3

TMO might very well be the better option for you in Ocala. But, in Jax proper, TMO doesn't even come close to Sprint's LTE coverage. I would put most of Florida in the same category as well. Sprint is killing their Florida game right now.

T-Mobile also put Sprint to shame in Gainesville. But the bigger cities Sprint is good on capacity.

T-Mobile must've gotten a lot of spectrum from MetroPCS in the Ocala area. Before they didn't have enough to throw up an HSPA+-DC connection. Impressive.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't know where they got it from. 3 months ago there was spotty LTE from T-Mobile and on 21 hspa. Now it's 42 hspa and LTE all over the place. Even in the forest. Look on sensorly I did a lot of mapping on T-Mobile today.

Still trying to figure out why on Sprint there speeds and in building coverage is still not good enough around here? I popped in my T-Mobile sim and they upgraded backhaul for hspa+ I didn't even know they still upgrade hspa+ but 28 down and 2.5 up at my home on hspa+ is insane.

Does the "T" in Terrell352 stand for T-Mobile?

Seriously, the constant comparisons to T-Mobile need to stop.  Members do not want to hear them, get annoyed by them, and have reported the quoted post.  If the T-Mobile comparisons do not stop, staff will take disciplinary action and may reinstitute the moratorium on Magenta threads/posts.

Vote with your wallet and your conscience.  If T-Mobile works better for you in your area and you think that John Legere is a cool guy, feel free to take all of your business to T-Mobile.  But you do not need to tell the world at S4GRU about it.

Is that clear, everyone?

AJ

• Like 2