Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I think 2014 will be a good year for Jax. I believe we will see a big CDMA 800 update. I picked it up in two places on opposite sides of town so that gives me hope. I'm very impressed with the current LTE network since picking up the N5. I'm content for now I would like better building penetration though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am going to Orlando end of January with my wife on a Disney trip. Last month, we had really strong 3G for the first real time. I hope to see some nice 4G. It's a shame that Sprint lost such a big contract when Disney signed with AT&T to be their official wireless provider. It annoys me every time I open the Disney app and see a big AT&T splash screen.

Just came from clearwater beach and tampa and lte you would think is complete how you never lose it. I wish I could have found some band 41 action but I couldn't find any

It's ridiculously good there...  Most of the sites down there already have band-41 if I am not mistaken.  We just have to wait for that firmware update before we get to enjoy it.

• Like 1

It's ridiculously good there... Most of the sites down there already have band-41 if I am not mistaken. We just have to wait for that firmware update before we get to enjoy it.

Hopefully it doesn't kill the reception like this latest N5 update.

• Like 1

Has anyone with a Tri-band phone noticed any odd behavior while at the Town Center? I had a crazy strong LTE signal, but my phone wouldn't switch to 1x to make or receive phone calls and couldn't receive or send any texts. My wife tried to call me a few times and texted me and had to call my mother in law instead. She has the original LG OG and it received the call just fine. I tried to call my wife and it would sit there dialing but not connect and airplane mode wouldn't do anything. I had to switch it to CDMA only and got a few texts to come through and it could make calls again. It was like the opposite of the CSFB issue.

Has anyone with a Tri-band phone noticed any odd behavior while at the Town Center? I had a crazy strong LTE signal, but my phone wouldn't switch to 1x to make or receive phone calls and couldn't receive or send any texts. My wife tried to call me a few times and texted me and had to call my mother in law instead. She has the original LG OG and it received the call just fine. I tried to call my wife and it would sit there dialing but not connect and airplane mode wouldn't do anything. I had to switch it to CDMA only and got a few texts to come through and it could make calls again. It was like the opposite of the CSFB issue.

I've had this happen to me but not at the town center. Usually happens to me when I'm in between roaming and LTE coverage. Mostly when I'm bouncing back and forth.

Near Regency.

We need some Sensorly speed tests like that to put Verizon in its place with their AWS overlay going on. There are some 50 Mbps results for them I would like see challenged.

Awesome result in Jacksonville.

This is over off 103RD.

What phone do you have?

From the looks of the speedtests it seems like Band 41 is getting more and more prevalent in JAX. I thought Sprint was still holding out on sending the Tri-Band update for some phones .....

Right now I am at my parent's house for in Belleview, just south of Ocala.  This is the perfect place for me to see the difference NV upgrades make in regards to coverage because I am in the dark territory between two sites (lots of tower spacing in this rural area) and the towers are consistently uncongested.  With one of the two towers upgraded, the signal doesn't seem to be any better or worse. I am still 75% TWS.

When 1x800 lights up I am going to love to come back here and see the difference it makes first hand.

• Like 4

What phone do you have?

From the looks of the speedtests it seems like Band 41 is getting more and more prevalent in JAX. I thought Sprint was still holding out on sending the Tri-Band update for some phones .....

Band 41 is more widespread then we in this thread can experience because most of us have Nexus 5 or G2's. The speed tests on the Galaxy Mega is proof. So until LG and Sprint figure things out most of us are screwed.

I believe the only tri-band devices that functions properly are the HTC and Samsung devices.

Between all of this band 41 in Jacksonville and the random 800 being spotted, it looks like we will be in for some awesome coverage really soon. I just hope this Spark update from LG comes soon now that 2014 is only days away.

• Like 1

Ericsson has finally come back to Jacksonville in a good way. Looks like we are getting a lot of upgrades throughout the city. I hope this means 800 is going to light up in a big way soon. I forget, who is managing the band 41 upgrades in our market? I've heard Samsung, but I've also heard that NSN was possibly taking over Ericsson markets, too.