Sprint Customers not as satisfied with customer service, Sprint drops from first to third.

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 2 February 2012

Last year Sprint had the top spot in the customer service satisfaction poll. This year they dropped 2 places to third, while ATT moved to #1 and verizon stayed at #2.

I personally can attest to this fact as I have called customer service several times and they were not very helpful and borderline combative. They argued with me about a $4 charge that they couldn't explain where it came from. If you really need the $4, take it I guess, but don't expect to get it again or you will also be getting an ETF from me as I move to another carrier.

Anyone else have good or bad luck with customer service?

I can't say either way, as the last time I called was to have the Mobile Hotspot feature provisioned as for some reason Sprint.com would not let me add it on the site. I had no issues, but then again when I call in I always speak to Employee Care due to the fact I'm on an Employee/Advantage Club plan, and those folks are US based (in TN, near Nashville).

I have only had two instance of dealing with Sprint Customer Service in the past year. The last one was when I activated my E4GT...and that was a flawless experience. The other was a billing error, and that one was painful to resolve. It was eventually to my satisfaction. But it was a long, drawn out process. And one of the reps was slightly combative.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 3 February 2012

I think the average Sprint customer is getting fed up with the addition/raising of fees and loss of discounts,the massaging of how the plans are priced and the ending of the gold premier program. People are calling CS and the reps aren't budging on anything, so I'm sure they are taking their frustrations out with the polls. With pricing getting on par with the Big Two I wouldn't be surprise to see a bump in churn. The February 8th meeting will be interesting to see how Sprint will respond to this.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 4 February 2012

I wonder if they had to train the employees how to be firm. It seemed like 5 or so years ago, when I called CS they would be happy to help and adjust things like text overages or data overages. I had a phone that sat in a drawer as a backup. There was no data plan on it because I didn't use it. I left it on because I wanted to get voicemail etc on it, but somehow I kept getting charged for data usage. I called every month and they took the charges off until one month it was near $70 in data usage. I had to be escalated to management because it must have been over their threshold for reversing charges. Eventually I had to give the manager the ultimatum that they 1. reverse the charges and completely disable text and data from that line or 2. they needed to cancel my plan and I would pay the bill, overages and ETF and kiss Sprint goodbye for good. He took 1 and I never saw an overage for that line again. I gave the same ultimatum to a manager over a $35 charge in January and they transferred me to the cancelation department. Either they called my bluff, or they really needed that $35. Maybe they told the managers that any balance adjustments come out of their checks. I was impressed that the manager I talked to, after I got off the phone with cancelations telling them that I needed to find a new carrier and port my number out, called me back and found where some of the charges came from. Apparently they credited $21 the month prior knowing that I would be overcharged and it was only $4 that was "unexplained" I told him that I would eat the $4 rather than spend another 45 minutes on the phone but that I wouldn't tolerate it again and that I probably would not be porting my number.

It is kind of comparing apples to oranges, but they really seem to be running things tighter.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 4 February 2012

CS reps 5 years ago had to keep the customers happy and "give the farm away" since churn was atrocious then. Today, with the elimination of fees and discounts, Hesse must be pretty confident that the iPhone will see them through this rough spot until NV is done. However, this new promotion being pushed to qualified customers to stay perhaps means that the masses are not has happy as Hesse would believe.

In other forums a lot of long time Sprint customers are pissed about losing discounts and the poor network coverage and have threaten to leave. Perhaps they have and enough have left so now Hesse is getting nervous. The earnings call this week will be interesting to watch.

I know I saw on the SprintFeed site that Sprint ranked second in the new results. Was the one posted here a different group? Or is this a typo? Just curious.

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2012/02/sprint-ranks-second-in-customer-service-in-j-d-power-and-associates-study-scores-number-one-on-the-web/

Sent from Tapatalk App

Well I for one have not had any problems with customer service. In fact if memory serves me right, I only had two bad occurring with Sprint in the 11 years with them. One a billing error and the other a activation snafu that took hours and that was eons ago. Since then it was smooth service.

TS

The outsourcing of customer service kills me. I like to talk to someone sort of American when dealing with my money.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

At least someone who can pronounce my name. It's "Scott" not "Scoot". Those Pakastani's have really good American accents until it comes to pronouncing their "O"s

• Like 1

The outsourcing of customer service kills me. I like to talk to someone sort of American when dealing with my money.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G

Yes, I agree. Like most, I prefer dealing with someone here in this country for customer service. It's odd though, in almost 13 years with Sprint I have never gotten a customer service rep that I would suspect was not based in North America for my account. There was one time about 4 or 5 years ago when I was setting up a new account for a cousin that I get a telesales rep in the Philippines. Luck of the draw perhaps...

Sent from my Mean Evo 3D using Tapatalk

Yes, I agree. Like most, I prefer dealing with someone here in this country for customer service. It's odd though, in almost 13 years with Sprint I have never gotten a customer service rep that I would suspect was not based in North America for my account. There was one time about 4 or 5 years ago when I was setting up a new account for a cousin that I get a telesales rep in the Philippines. Luck of the draw perhaps...

Sent from my Mean Evo 3D using Tapatalk

You might be lucky, or their fake accents were that good.

(freaking autocorrect)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it has sure seemed like I was talking to someone who sounded like they were born and raised in the US, their name was something like John, and there was a word or two that would come up in the conversation that they just couldn't say without an Indian accent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I called CS twice over the years and was dissatisfied, asked for customer retention and very pleased. They even dropped a $700 roaming charge when I had to go to SD for a month in June 2011 due to family illness.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I have nothing but good things to say about sprint customer service. I Sale all three major provider and I have to say that sprint has the best customer service from what I've seen. I've personally never had a problem with them any time I called them for a problem I had with my account. Only few billing errors since Ive had them since 2007 but they always have fixed them for me. It is also nice that when you call them through the day someone actually speaks english!

• Like 1

It is also nice that when you call them through the day someone actually speaks english!

I know exactly what you mean. at&t was notorius for foreign accents for customer service reps. It drove me nuts.

And I have always had things go good with Sprint Customer Service. It was even great when I called to port my number from at&t. Can't say the same about porting numbers to Verizon though. Ugh!

If you are a business account you will normally get better reps. The worst reps are the frontline-almost-minimum-wage-this-job-sucks folks in the outsourced centers.

Overall, I feel Sprint CS is declining. I am seeing more pass-the-buck behavior and incompetence lately. I think with the focus on tightening the belt that CS is taking a turn for the worse.

There was also a substantial loss of experienced reps when RIM was getting ready to roll out the Playbook. Most of them were later laid off but not rehired by Sprint.